R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett. Thanks for years of music.

I think there were a few more, but maybe they didn't chart as well.

Margaritaville was his biggest hit. But there were so many great songs.

Pirate Looks at 40
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Come Monday
Pencil Thin Mustache
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Volcano
The Captain and the Kid
He Went to Paris... I'm not sure that was the name of it but it was among my favorite.

Jimmy Buffett died 9/1/2023. Few musicians/songwriters have effected my life like Buffett did. I saw him 4 times. I was hoping for a 5th.

Maybe he's living on sponge cake.

Can't beat poetry like this.

I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
I broke my leg twice, I had to limp on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Jimmy Buffett died 9/1/2023. Few musicians/songwriters have effected my life like Buffett did. I saw him 4 times. I was hoping for a 5th.

What a talent. I love his music.

R.I.P. Jimmy.

My first job was a little sight seeing tour out of Ft Lauderdale as a teenager. I'd snap pictures of tourists as they got on this little catamaran as we motored around the intercoastal showing off rich peoples houses and listening to Jimmy Buffet on a loop all day. Never got old though. Something about sunshine, girls in bikinis and Jimmy Buffet playing that makes it impossible to be mad at much.

Cheeseburger in Paradise. And I loved hearing that song every time I went to Lahaina and had a Cheeseburger In Paradise.

1693649402303.png

R.I.P. Jimmy.

My first job was a little sight seeing tour out of Ft Lauderdale as a teenager. I'd snap pictures of tourists as they got on this little catamaran as we motored around the intercoastal showing off rich peoples houses and listening to Jimmy Buffet on a loop all day. Never got old though. Something about sunshine, girls in bikinis and Jimmy Buffet playing that makes it impossible to be mad at much.

You can almost smell the coconut tanning lotion.

I've seen him more times than I can count, I once left my wife, who wasn't feeling well, at home alone to go see him.

I always told people, if you enjoy either one of the songs he's really known for, go see him live. Those two songs are nowhere near his best.

I know that nobody lives forever, but this one in particular sucks more than most.

He was involved in the movie...Summer Rental...And what was sung kept to the film.

Dozens of big hits.

As he said many times, he never won any awards for his music but millions turned out to attend his concerts and buy his music. I saw him first here in Tallahassee in 1972. A gymnasium on the Florida State University campus. Many, many times since. I will miss him.
He didn't need any awards he died with a billion dollar empire.

This is so sad. I saw him for the first time in 1979 and loved his music ever since. Saw him a total of 7 times.

He was one of a kind!

Can't beat poetry like this.

I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
I broke my leg twice, I had to limp on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

The lyric is...cut my heel had to cruise on back home.

This is so sad. I saw him for the first time in 1979 and loved his music ever since. Saw him a total of 7 times.

He was one of a kind!

I talked with him at a truck stop in Florida in the late 1970s. We had hamburgers at the lunch counter.

Forum List

Back