Question for the baby boomers on this forum regarding our generation of rock music

Fleetwood Mac I agree . Queen to me was just too talented for rock an roll. I liked there songs. I understand about the over play thing . There was only one alternative radio station and that's where to go to hear any of the groups other songs. WORJ 107.7 :cool:
Wolfman Jack on radio on my end.

traffic...low spark of the high heeled boys

joplin..short lived but a great impack

lowell george and little feat

waiting for columbus set new standards for rock and roll

and buddy holly

Top 5 this side of the pond
Allman Bros
AC/DC
Van Halen
The Doors
The Eagles

The other side of the pond
Beatles
Stones
Who
U2
Zeppelin

Simon and Garfunkel
Bob Dylan
Joni Mitchell
I might have said Simon and Garfunkel, but then I saw the video of the Disturbed cover of Sound Of Silence and realized that S&G's original was amazing for its time but merely the precursor for this far more powerful and visceral rendition.

I tend to stream music in the newer vehicle, but at work it's radio, and those songs are played several times a day. Wish they would play more backtracks.

If I had to pick an all time favourite, it would be Steely Dan.
"Deacon Blues" -- the best poem ever written.

Which rock bands do you feel defined our generation? Unlike generation X, we grew up during a wonderful period for rock and roll, specifically from 1964-1975

I'll list my top 10, I'm from the UK as well so there might be some British bands I remember specifically that were huge in the UK (except The Beatles who were huge across the globe)

1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
4. The Doors
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Pink Floyd
7. Queen
8. Velvet Underground
9. T Rex
10. The Eagles

What about you guys?
I think everyone can agree with the first two

And the rest?
They are much smaller fish

dont get me wrong

many people and groups contributed to the greatest era of rock music

But the next 8 after the Beatles and Stones should be about 100 in no particular order

I still like all those groups. What I am tired of is the local rock station maybe plays two of the same songs by each group over and over and over until I eventually hate it.

One group I always hated though, was Queen. I hear Bohemian Rhapsody one more time, people are gonna die.:aargh:

I haven't seen Fleetwood Mac put on the list of favorites, so I will add as one of mine.
I gave up on FM radio years ago. It just sucks for the reason you metioned.

Which rock bands do you feel defined our generation? Unlike generation X, we grew up during a wonderful period for rock and roll, specifically from 1964-1975

I'll list my top 10, I'm from the UK as well so there might be some British bands I remember specifically that were huge in the UK (except The Beatles who were huge across the globe)

1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
4. The Doors
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Pink Floyd
7. Queen
8. Velvet Underground
9. T Rex
10. The Eagles

What about you guys?
7 tolerable