Question for the baby boomers on this forum regarding our generation of rock music

Which rock bands do you feel defined our generation? Unlike generation X, we grew up during a wonderful period for rock and roll, specifically from 1964-1975

I'll list my top 10, I'm from the UK as well so there might be some British bands I remember specifically that were huge in the UK (except The Beatles who were huge across the globe)

1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
4. The Doors
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Pink Floyd
7. Queen
8. Velvet Underground
9. T Rex
10. The Eagles

What about you guys?

Which rock bands do you feel defined our generation? Unlike generation X, we grew up during a wonderful period for rock and roll, specifically from 1964-1975

I'll list my top 10, I'm from the UK as well so there might be some British bands I remember specifically that were huge in the UK (except The Beatles who were huge across the globe)

1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
4. The Doors
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Pink Floyd
7. Queen
8. Velvet Underground
9. T Rex
10. The Eagles

What about you guys?

The Guess Who
Steppenwolf
Alice Cooper
Montrose
Grateful Dead
Grand Funk Railroad
Nazareth
The Allman Brothers Band
ZZ Top
Canned Heat
Jefferson Airplane
Chicago
Aerosmith

For Funky music I nominate The Brothers Johnson,
download (9).jpeg

I still like all those groups. What I am tired of is the local rock station maybe plays two of the same songs by each group over and over and over until I eventually hate it.

One group I always hated though, was Queen. I hear Bohemian Rhapsody one more time, people are gonna die.:aargh:

I haven't seen Fleetwood Mac put on the list of favorites, so I will add as one of mine.
Fleetwood Mac I agree . Queen to me was just too talented for rock an roll. I liked there songs. I understand about the over play thing . There was only one alternative radio station and that's where to go to hear any of the groups other songs. WORJ 107.7 :cool:

Fleetwood Mac I agree . Queen to me was just too talented for rock an roll. I liked there songs. I understand about the over play thing . There was only one alternative radio station and that's where to go to hear any of the groups other songs. WORJ 107.7 :cool:
I tend to stream music in the newer vehicle, but at work it's radio, and those songs are played several times a day. Wish they would play more backtracks.

If I had to pick an all time favourite, it would be Steely Dan.

The Eagles
Bad Company
38 Special
Rolling Stones
Van Halen......the early stuff
Kiss
ZZ Top
Elton John
Billy Joel
Aerosmith
AC/DC

Forum List