Question for Retirees

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
When you retired, did you have a plan on what to do with all your free time, or did you just wing it? If you winged it, how has it worked out? Anything you might have done differently?

No plan. That was a part of the reason to retire. It's worked out fine.

When you retired, did you have a plan on what to do with all your free time, or did you just wing it? If you winged it, how has it worked out? Anything you might have done differently?

I did not have a plan and it was a shock at first.

But then I figured out I don’t need to fill every hour with some activity. It is not like when you are working and need to make sure your weekends are worthwhile.

Not having something you HAVE to do is the best part of retirement

I did not have a plan and it was a shock at first.

But then I figured out I don’t need to fill every hour with some activity. It is not like when you are working and need to make sure your weekends are worthwhile.
I felt guilty for NOT going to work. So, I went back to work.

I don't need to work, I'm 56, and feel like maybe I should be, and never made a plan for retirement, other than financially. I'm considering PT at the airport for free tickets. :biggrin:

All I know is you run out of shit around the house to do that you put off doing while working after a couple years. ;)

But no, I've no inclination to "reinvent" myself at this point. I worked since I was 13 at real jobs so I'm enjoying the fuck out of retired life doing what I enjoy doing and answering to no nobody....That's what I planned for.

The only thing I wish I had done a few years prior to retiring was to build a smaller place on my hunting/fishing/range property and sold my current (too big) house.....Oh well.

I don't need to work, I'm 56, and feel like maybe I should be, and never made a plan for retirement, other than financially. I'm considering PT at the airport for free tickets. :biggrin:

There you go. I volunteer over at the local music venue. I got to see Marty Stuart the other night for free. All I had to do was show some people to their seats and pick up a few empty beer cans after the show.

They ask for volunteers to volunteer. If it's a show I'm not really interested in or I'm otherwise busy, I don't volunteer. Though I have when they noted they were short people.

I started driving for a local car dealer. Pay is lousy but again, I get to drive and check out new cars while getting to visit new cities and have lunch or dinner there. I also get to agree or turn them down. No schedule.

My plan for retirement is not to plan and do whatever they hell I want when I want and not have to answer to anyone!!!

(SHOUTS: Yes dear, I'm on the computer - will be right there.)

WW

I found new things to do since retiring

1. Feed the ducks
2. Yell at kids to get off my lawn
3. Put on socks with my sandals
4. Take naps
5. Go out to eat at 4 o’clock

In the summer I hang around a campsite where they float down the Elk River and I get free beer and dinner along with money, just fer hangin' around. I wish I had found this job forty years ago.

I started driving for a local car dealer. Pay is lousy but again, I get to drive and check out new cars while getting to visit new cities and have lunch or dinner there. I also get to agree or turn them down. No schedule.
I've heard of people doing that, that is kind of neat. Free travel, new cars, gets you out to new places.

Right now I'm still working so my per-post-rate isn't brining in much cash hanging around message boards.

But once I retire from my full-time job I'll be able to make bank getting paid for posting on internet boards.

WW

Forum List

Back