Question: Doesn't Water expand as it gets warmer ?

Yes water expands between 4 and 0 degrees Fahrenheit. It also expands as it warms look it up for yourself you'll find out I'm correct.

My source :https:/sealevel.jpl.nasa.gov>activities I realize some people don't choose to believe what the government says anymore, but that's their problem. "When water is heated it expands or increases in volume ( as do all solids, liquids and gases ) . I live in Nebraska, we are reminded of this fact every summer when we have a heat wave. The pavement in the streets buckles up from the expansion. Very hard on tires and shocks.
And yes water freezing in the cracks in the pavement in winter does a lot of damage too.

And yes water freezing in the cracks in the pavement in winter does a lot of damage too.
Right, keep ignoring the truth. That's real positive. Obviously you can't comprehend much. I said water freezing in the cracks in the pavement in winter does a lot of damage too.

From 33 degrees F to 212F, water expands only 4%

From the liquid state to 32 F it expands 9%.

It is the ONLY non-metalic liquid that expands as it turns solid

From 33 degrees F to 212F, water expands only 4%

From the liquid state to 32 F it expands 9%.

It is the ONLY non-metalic liquid thansaaat expands as it turns solid
Any % in the oceans is a big, big deal.

None of what you posted is true. When ice melts yes i=the water expands a little, But water does nor expand as it warms up if already a liquid. Further link to a reliable unbiased source that the oceans rose an inch last year

"The warming of Earth is primarily due to accumulation of heat-trapping greenhouse gases, and more than 90 percent of this trapped heat is absorbed by the oceans. As this heat is absorbed, ocean temperatures rise and water expands. This thermal expansion contributes to an increase in global sea level. "

"The warming of Earth is primarily due to accumulation of heat-trapping greenhouse gases, and more than 90 percent of this trapped heat is absorbed by the oceans. As this heat is absorbed, ocean temperatures rise and water expands. This thermal expansion contributes to an increase in global sea level. "
At a minor rate. we are in no danger.

At a minor rate. we are in no danger.
True, in the sense of immediate danger. We could outwalk it. This is where you consider events thay may happen after your lifetime. And the sea level rise isn't the only thing of concern. It isn't happening in a vacuum, or ceteris parabus (All else.being equal). This is a compounding problem.

Man upsetting the natural balance is more what it is. Nature is losing this battle.

Does a pressure cooker work when you heat it?

Does a steam locomotive move when you boil it?
Thank you. Interesting, looked up the evaporation process. 600 calories/gram exactly the same number of calories needed to do the reverse, condense moisture in the air to liguid.

Thank you. Interesting, looked up the evaporation process. 600 calories/gram exactly the same number of calories needed to do the reverse, condense moisture in the air to liguid.
Liquid.

Forum List

Back