Question about thread starts.

Persistence Of Memory

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2019
What should we do? Let's start with a thread in politics or such.

How many pages should we go back before creating one....3 pages....4 pages????? To make sure no doubles??

And for ones with a tricky title, we should make sure we open them up right, to make sure no doubles eh?

I suppose we should read out loud every thread so we don't skip one. Make sense?

Then should I examine another board and make sure it is not a double. Go back 3 or 4 pages too????. Examine all tricky thread titles
??
Could you please tell us the best method in this. I don't mind spending an hour or 2 to create a thread as long as I have proper instructions....................Thank you in advance.

Ohhh....Where is the upload button for posting a sig?

How many pages should we go back before creating one....3 pages....4 pages????? To make sure no doubles??

And for ones with a tricky title, we should make sure we open them up right, to make sure no doubles eh?

I suppose we should read out loud every thread so we don't skip one. Make sense?

Then should I examine another board and make sure it is not a double. Go back 3 or 4 pages too????. Examine all tricky thread titles
??
Could you please tell us the best method in this. I don't mind spending an hour or 2 to create a thread as long as I have proper instructions....................Thank you in advance.

I just do a search on keywords. One or two searches depending on the topic. This almost always works. Keywords (single or phrase) you know just have to appear in the body if not the title. If I get no hits, I look at the first page of Politics and Current Events.

Don't think I've ever missed duplicating a topic that way.

If you plan your keywords right, you can vector them in pretty accurately on the subject of your search.

If its a new story and an active topic, you'll find it there.

I do like the OP

I will give a quick look to see if there are any similar titles. If not, I go ahead and start a thread.

Let the Mods fix it, that is why they make the big bucks

??

I just do a search on keywords. One or two searches depending on the topic. This almost always works. Keywords (single or phrase) you know just have to appear in the body if not the title. If I get no hits, I look at the first page of Politics and Current Events.

Don't think I've ever missed duplicating a topic that way.

If you plan your keywords right, you can vector them in pretty accurately on the subject of your search.

If its a new story and an active topic, you'll find it there.
OHHHHHH.............LORDY................................Is that ever suggested so us computer Dumb A know??

YEEEEHAAAAAA!!

I do like the OP

I will give a quick look to see if there are any similar titles. If not, I go ahead and start a thread.

Let the Mods fix it, that is why they make the big bucks
When I start a thread, I get anxiety. So embarrassing to get it chopped within minutes.

WHERE is the upload button for sigs. I only see a Save Button.
Upper right of the screen, punch on your screen name in bold

There will be a drop down for adding a signature
When it drops down there is only a Save button, no attatched files. You'll have to get 1st grade for me...lol
Above the Save button, there should be a box where you can write your sig
OHHHH LORDY. I'm learning so much now...THANK YOU!..........To be a further pain in the arse, can I upload a pic from files or can only copy/paste a pic?

Forum List

Back