Question: 116,000 humans died in the Sri Lanka tsunami, but the animals knew it was coming and fled to high ground...

We stop listening.

They never stop listening.

I think in most cases we can never listen to the degree that they do. Kind of like how a dog can smell so much better than we can. No matter how intensely we try, we will never be that good.
Do most animals have a "sense" at birth? Human babies are completely helpless.

A sense? No, they have instincts which drive them. Most critters are pretty helpless when they are born. We just got a new German Shepard pup. She's cute as a button, but she would never survive without help.
Ahhhh I LOVE shepherds....post some pix in a pet thread! My pup turned 1....he is a teenager.....arrrggghhh

I think humans have instincts....but we learned to stop listening. Some are still evident....fight/flight..etc.

We stop listening.

They never stop listening.

I think in most cases we can never listen to the degree that they do. Kind of like how a dog can smell so much better than we can. No matter how intensely we try, we will never be that good.
Do most animals have a "sense" at birth? Human babies are completely helpless.

A sense? No, they have instincts which drive them. Most critters are pretty helpless when they are born. We just got a new German Shepard pup. She's cute as a button, but she would never survive without help.
Ahhhh I LOVE shepherds....post some pix in a pet thread! My pup turned 1....he is a teenager.....arrrggghhh

I think humans have instincts....but we learned to stop listening. Some are still evident....fight/flight..etc.

I will in a while. I will start posting pics of her in probably 5 weeks or so. Right now we want her all to ourselves!:)

Forum List

Back