Is natural selection the solution to evolution?

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017

I have been doing a review on how we and all the other creatures on this planet evolved and I have come to a surprising conclusion.

The current accepted theory is natural selection. The originator of this theory was Charles Darwine.

Charles Darwin (1809-1882) and Alfred Russel Wallace (1823-1913) are jointly credited with coming up with the theory of evolution by natural selection, having co-published on it in 1858. Darwin has generally overshadowed Wallace since the publication of On the Origin of Species in 1859, however.

Natural selection is a mechanism of evolution. Organisms that are more adapted to their environment are more likely to survive and pass on the genes that aided their success. This process causes species to change and diverge over time.
What is natural selection?

natural selection, process that results in the adaptation of an organism to its environment by means of selectively reproducing changes in its genotype, or genetic constitution.
natural selection | Definition & Processes

This theory is simple and easy to accept and even taught in our public schools and yet I believe it is flawed.
1643473120821.png

The idea that humans evolved from monkeys to humans falls on it’s face when these very same monkeys are still swinging from the trees today. The only way to accept this theory is to believe a mutation occurred and this mutation evolved into the humans of today. To accept this defies the idea of “natural selection”.

Setting aside natural selection and looking for alternatives I looked at the basic building blocks of all living things on this planet, DNA.

What is DNA?
DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid
, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms. Nearly every cell in a person’s body has the same DNA. Most DNA is located in the cell nucleus (where it is called nuclear DNA), but a small amount of DNA can also be found in the mitochondria (where it is called mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA). Mitochondria are structures within cells that convert the energy from food into a form that cells can use.

The information in DNA is stored as a code made up of four chemical bases: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T). Human DNA consists of about 3 billion bases, and more than 99 percent of those bases are the same in all people. The order, or sequence, of these bases determines the information available for building and maintaining an organism, similar to the way in which letters of the alphabet appear in a certain order to form words and sentences.

DNA bases pair up with each other, A with T and C with G, to form units called base pairs. Each base is also attached to a sugar molecule and a phosphate molecule. Together, a base, sugar, and phosphate are called a nucleotide. Nucleotides are arranged in two long strands that form a spiral called a double helix. The structure of the double helix is somewhat like a ladder, with the base pairs forming the ladder’s rungs and the sugar and phosphate molecules forming the vertical sidepieces of the ladder.

An important property of DNA is that it can replicate, or make copies of itself. Each strand of DNA in the double helix can serve as a pattern for duplicating the sequence of bases. This is critical when cells divide because each new cell needs to have an exact copy of the DNA present in the old cell.

1643472998096.png

To understand the above I had to accept the idea that such a structure developed from a planet that was nothing more that a large ball of molten rock that cooled down leaving a thin shell that is referred to as earth’s crust. From this crust DNA evolved. I find this hard to believe. Making it even harder to believe is the fact that DNA is just a small component from a much more complex structure called chromosomes.

A chromosome is a DNA molecule packaged into thread-like structures. Each chromosome is made up of DNA tightly coiled many times around proteins called histones that support its structure.

Chromosomes are not visible in the cell’s nucleus—not even under a microscope—when the cell is not dividing. However, the DNA that makes up chromosomes becomes more tightly packed during cell division and is then visible under a microscope. Most of what researchers know about chromosomes was learned by observing chromosomes during cell division.

Each chromosome has a constriction point called the centromere, which divides the chromosome into two sections, or “arms.” The short arm of the chromosome is labeled the “p arm.” The long arm of the chromosome is labeled the “q arm.” The location of the centromere on each chromosome gives the chromosome its characteristic shape, and can be used to help describe the location of specific genes.

What is a chromosome?: MedlinePlus Genetics

1643473236400.png

How can a structure as complex as a chromosome come from the earths crust? This question puzzled me until I looked a little further. The above structure did not come about by natural selection but rather purposefully selection. Humans are doing this today, calling it cloning.

Cloning is a technique scientists use to make exact genetic copies of living things. Genes, cells, tissues, and even whole animals can all be cloned. ... In humans, identical twins are similar to clones. They share almost the exact same genes. Identical twins are created when a fertilized egg splits in two.

Scientists also make clones in the lab. They often clone genes in order to study and better understand them. To clone a gene, researchers take DNA from a living creature and insert it into a carrier like bacteria or yeast. Every time that carrier reproduces, a new copy of the gene is made.

Animals are cloned in one of two ways. The first is alled embryo twinning. Scientists first split an embryo in half. Those two halves are then placed in a mother’s uterus. Each part of the embryo develops into a unique animal, and the two animals share the same genes. The second method is called somatic cell nuclear transfer. Somatic cells are all the cells that make up an organism, but that are not sperm or egg cells. Sperm and egg cells contain only one set of chromosomes, and when they join during fertilization, the mother’s chromosomes merge with the father’s. Somatic cells, on the other hand, already contain two full sets of chromosomes. To make a clone, scientists transfer the DNA from an animal’s somatic cell into an egg cell that has had its nucleus and DNA removed. The egg develops into an embryo that contains the same genes as the cell donor. Then the embryo is implanted into an adult female’s uterus to grow.

In 1996, Scottish scientists cloned the first animal, a sheep they named Dolly. She was cloned using an udder cell taken from an adult sheep. Since then, scientists have cloned cows, cats, deer, horses, and rabbits. They still have not cloned a human, though. In part, this is because it is difficult to produce a viable clone. In each attempt, there can be genetic mistakes that prevent the clone from surviving. It took scientists 276 attempts to get Dolly right. There are also ethical concerns about cloning a human being.
Cloning

To cap this all off I have concluded that the human race will use cloning to remove our acceptability to diseases. Humans will eliminate the flaws that cause us to age and even “select” our size, improving our seeing, hearing, and thinking ability. We will clone ourselves into the perfect human being capable of exploring the universe around us. This all did not come from natural selection. I believe the components that evolved into what we are today was deliberate, our planet was seeded by outsiders who have been watching our development from afar. Someday, maybe sooner rather than later “they” will make themselves known and then we will join them exploring the infinite universe around us.

That is unless we destroy ourselves first.

:)-
What do you think--?

Last edited:
Natural selection is evolution.

I have been doing a review on how we and all the other creatures on this planet evolved and I have come to a surprising conclusion.

The current accepted theory is natural selection. The originator of this theory was Charles Darwine.

Charles Darwin (1809-1882) and Alfred Russel Wallace (1823-1913) are jointly credited with coming up with the theory of evolution by natural selection, having co-published on it in 1858. Darwin has generally overshadowed Wallace since the publication of On the Origin of Species in 1859, however.

Natural selection is a mechanism of evolution. Organisms that are more adapted to their environment are more likely to survive and pass on the genes that aided their success. This process causes species to change and diverge over time.

natural selection, process that results in the adaptation of an organism to its environment by means of selectively reproducing changes in its genotype, or genetic constitution.

This theory is simple and easy to accept and even taught in our public schools and yet I believe it is flawed.
View attachment 594309

The idea that humans evolved from monkeys to humans falls on it’s face when these very same monkeys are still swinging from the trees today. The only way to accept this theory is to believe a mutation occurred and this mutation evolved into the humans of today. To accept this defies the idea of “natural selection”.

Setting aside natural selection and looking for alternatives I looked at the basic building blocks of all living things on this planet, DNA.

What is DNA?
, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms. Nearly every cell in a person’s body has the same DNA. Most DNA is located in the cell nucleus (where it is called nuclear DNA), but a small amount of DNA can also be found in the mitochondria (where it is called mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA). Mitochondria are structures within cells that convert the energy from food into a form that cells can use.

The information in DNA is stored as a code made up of four chemical bases: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T). Human DNA consists of about 3 billion bases, and more than 99 percent of those bases are the same in all people. The order, or sequence, of these bases determines the information available for building and maintaining an organism, similar to the way in which letters of the alphabet appear in a certain order to form words and sentences.

DNA bases pair up with each other, A with T and C with G, to form units called base pairs. Each base is also attached to a sugar molecule and a phosphate molecule. Together, a base, sugar, and phosphate are called a nucleotide. Nucleotides are arranged in two long strands that form a spiral called a double helix. The structure of the double helix is somewhat like a ladder, with the base pairs forming the ladder’s rungs and the sugar and phosphate molecules forming the vertical sidepieces of the ladder.

An important property of DNA is that it can replicate, or make copies of itself. Each strand of DNA in the double helix can serve as a pattern for duplicating the sequence of bases. This is critical when cells divide because each new cell needs to have an exact copy of the DNA present in the old cell.

View attachment 594308

To understand the above I had to accept the idea that such a structure developed from a planet that was nothing more that a large ball of molten rock that cooled down leaving a thin shell that is referred to as earth’s crust. From this crust DNA evolved. I find this hard to believe. Making it even harder to believe is the fact that DNA is just a small component from a much more complex structure called chromosomes.

A chromosome is a DNA molecule packaged into thread-like structures. Each chromosome is made up of DNA tightly coiled many times around proteins called histones that support its structure.

Chromosomes are not visible in the cell’s nucleus—not even under a microscope—when the cell is not dividing. However, the DNA that makes up chromosomes becomes more tightly packed during cell division and is then visible under a microscope. Most of what researchers know about chromosomes was learned by observing chromosomes during cell division.

Each chromosome has a constriction point called the centromere, which divides the chromosome into two sections, or “arms.” The short arm of the chromosome is labeled the “p arm.” The long arm of the chromosome is labeled the “q arm.” The location of the centromere on each chromosome gives the chromosome its characteristic shape, and can be used to help describe the location of specific genes.

View attachment 594311

How can a structure as complex as a chromosome come from the earths crust? This question puzzled me until I looked a little further. The above structure did not come about by natural selection but rather purposefully selection. Humans are doing this today, calling it cloning.

Cloning is a technique scientists use to make exact genetic copies of living things. Genes, cells, tissues, and even whole animals can all be cloned. ... In humans, identical twins are similar to clones. They share almost the exact same genes. Identical twins are created when a fertilized egg splits in two.

Scientists also make clones in the lab. They often clone genes in order to study and better understand them. To clone a gene, researchers take DNA from a living creature and insert it into a carrier like bacteria or yeast. Every time that carrier reproduces, a new copy of the gene is made.

Animals are cloned in one of two ways. The first is alled embryo twinning. Scientists first split an embryo in half. Those two halves are then placed in a mother’s uterus. Each part of the embryo develops into a unique animal, and the two animals share the same genes. The second method is called somatic cell nuclear transfer. Somatic cells are all the cells that make up an organism, but that are not sperm or egg cells. Sperm and egg cells contain only one set of chromosomes, and when they join during fertilization, the mother’s chromosomes merge with the father’s. Somatic cells, on the other hand, already contain two full sets of chromosomes. To make a clone, scientists transfer the DNA from an animal’s somatic cell into an egg cell that has had its nucleus and DNA removed. The egg develops into an embryo that contains the same genes as the cell donor. Then the embryo is implanted into an adult female’s uterus to grow.

In 1996, Scottish scientists cloned the first animal, a sheep they named Dolly. She was cloned using an udder cell taken from an adult sheep. Since then, scientists have cloned cows, cats, deer, horses, and rabbits. They still have not cloned a human, though. In part, this is because it is difficult to produce a viable clone. In each attempt, there can be genetic mistakes that prevent the clone from surviving. It took scientists 276 attempts to get Dolly right. There are also ethical concerns about cloning a human being.
Cloning

To cap this all off I have concluded that the human race will use cloning to remove our acceptability to diseases. Humans will eliminate the flaws that cause us to age and even “select” our size, improving our seeing, hearing, and thinking ability. We will clone ourselves into the perfect human being capable of exploring the universe around us. This all did not come from natural selection. I believe the components that evolved into what we are today was deliberate, our planet was seeded by outsiders who have been watching our development from afar. Someday, maybe sooner rather than later “they” will make themselves known and then we will join them exploring the infinite universe around us.

What do you think--?
You don't really want to know what I think about your "conclusions"

If we never die, or live for 2 or 300 years, then we will create a hell on earth. 8 billion people now in another 40 years that would turn into over 20 billion people or more if we did not let the cycle of nature complete itself.

I don't think evolution by natural selection is flawed so much as an oversimplification. The real world is very complex in ways we are only beginning to understand.

The idea that humans evolved from monkeys to humans falls on it’s face when these very same monkeys are still swinging from the trees today.
You're confused because we didn't evolve from monkeys, we both evolved from a common ancestor.

The first life on earth was way more simple than a chromosome. I think it was just a molecule that could self-replicate. There are such molecules today. Once they could replicate evolution improved them generation after generation. Chromosomes and DNA probably took a billion years to develop after that first life.

View attachment 594309

What is DNA?

View attachment 594308

View attachment 594311

Cloning

What do you think--?
This has been solved already. Natural selection only happens for small changes and is accepted by creation scientists as part of nature which God created. However, there is no natural selection for macroevolution such as monkeys becoming humans. The dinosaurs becoming birds has already been disproved by finding many birds lived with dinosaurs. Hawking and the top atheist scientists admitted that if the creationists find proof of humans living with dinosaurs, then evolution will be destroyed. We have human fossils and dinosaurs in the same earth level already.

View attachment 594309

What is DNA?

View attachment 594308

View attachment 594311

Cloning

What do you think--?
All you had to do was read the thread at the top of the page you Sci illiterate.
The few credible 'definition' links you used lend ZERO credibility to your Wack Job/Low IQ conclusions.

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
By John Rennie - July 1, 2002
Editor-in-Chief, Scientific American

[........]
6. If humans descended from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

This surprisingly common argument reflects several levels of ignorance about evolution. The first mistake is that evolution does Not teach that humans descended from monkeys; it states that both have a common ancestor.

The deeper error is that this objection is tantamount to asking, “If children descended from adults, why are there still adults?” New species evolve by splintering off from established ones, when populations of organisms become isolated from the main branch of their family and acquire sufficient differences to remain forever distinct. The parent species may survive indefinitely thereafter, or it may become extinct.

7. Evolution cannot explain how life first appeared on Earth.

The origin of life remains very much a mystery, but biochemists have learned about how primitive nucleic acids, amino acids and other building blocks of life could have formed and organized themselves into self-replicating, self-sustaining units, laying the foundation for cellular biochemistry. Astrochemical analyses hint that quantities of these compounds might have originated in space and fallen to Earth in comets, a scenario that may solve the problem of how those constituents arose under the conditions that prevailed when our planet was young.

Creationists sometimes try to invalidate all of evolution by pointing to science's current inability to explain the origin of life. But even if life on Earth turned out to have a nonevolutionary origin (for instance, if aliens introduced the first cells billions of years ago), evolution since then would be robustly confirmed by countless microevolutionary and macroevolutionary studies."...
[......]

`

Last edited:

View attachment 594309

What is DNA?

View attachment 594308

View attachment 594311

Cloning

What do you think--?
Space alien conspiracy theorists are pretty darn funny.

If we never die, or live for 2 or 300 years, then we will create a hell on earth. 8 billion people now in another 40 years that would turn into over 20 billion people or more if we did not let the cycle of nature complete itself.
I disagree. By then there will be cities on the ocean floor, and others flying high overhead. Then the traveling cities circling this planet to even traveling to nearby places. The places we have to colonize on is basically infinite.

The first life on earth was way more simple than a chromosome. I think it was just a molecule that could self-replicate. There are such molecules today.
1643487848702.png

.,.,.,.,.,.,/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,;,,[,,.,[.,[,.,.,.
Can anyone here guess, postulate how the rock evolved into an amoeba?

-\:)-
1643487869908.png
1643488159121.png

All you had to do was read the thread at the top of the page you Sci illiterate.
The few credible 'definition' links you used lend ZERO credible to your Wack Job conclusions.
For the moment, assume you are a student in a classroom and your teacher asked you to write a review of the OP and the above is your answer. I am pretty sure your teacher we give your paper a (D-), bordering on an (“F”)

The teacher will then asks you to be a little more create and rewrite the paper. In short, give your answer a second try. Pretend you are no longer an elementary school student but a student graduating from your local high school. The score will determine if you fail or pass the class.

abu afak, Breath in deeply, exhale slowly, now say what you think

Just asking between one friend to another

For the moment, assume you are a student in a classroom and your teacher asked you to write a review of the OP and the above is your answer. I am pretty sure your teacher we give your paper a (D-), bordering on an (“F”)

The teacher will then asks you to be a little more create and rewrite the paper. In short, give your answer a second try. Pretend you are no longer an elementary school student but a student graduating from your local high school. The score will determine if you fail or pass the class.

abu afak, Breath in deeply, exhale slowly, now say what you think

Just asking between one friend to another

IOW, you have NO ANSWERS to what I posted refuting what you said.
An expert explaining it for beginners, and even further down the ladder, 80 IQers like you.
Try posting ON Topic, not giving out D's and F's withOUT topical content.

I am 100X more literate/conversant than you on Evolution.
Read MY thread starts from Real Science links/Experts dealing with all the issues (and common fallacies like yours) of Evolution.

ie, If you had a decent High School science edu you wouldn't be foisting this Idiotic and common boner of ignorants:

WatchingFromKindergarten: ""The idea that humans evolved from monkeys to humans falls on it’s face when these very same monkeys are still swinging from the trees today.".."​

`

Last edited:
Yes, time. If you cared to study the subject you could too.
Are you saying that the elements of that rick turned into an ameba, and if so how?
Evolution; maybe, maybe not
1643492313062.png

Do you believe the Gorilla below would agree?

1643492428991.png

If evolution is the path; then what did these creators evolve from-?
1643492474365.png
1643492485284.png

1643492500111.png

I think the above were engineered by our creators in an effort to be creative. And they have become very, very creative----
Who/what were their ancestors-?

Try posting ON Topic, not giving out D's and F's withOUT topical content.
If I have upset you, please forgive me.
I am 100X more literate/conversant than you on Evolution.
Read MY thread starts
I believe you are and that is why I posted this topic here. I was hoping to get comments on the substance of my post.
We started with a molten ball of rock and now we have billions of loving things. I am disputing evolution as the reason.

BTW: when you look at these creatures consider the complexity of their design. Even a spider has hundreds of separate parts working together

Are you saying that the elements of that rick turned into an ameba, and if so how?
Evolution; maybe, maybe not
View attachment 594406

Do you believe the Gorilla below would agree?

View attachment 594408

If evolution is the path; then what did these creators evolve from-?
View attachment 594410View attachment 594411

View attachment 594412

I think the above were engineered by our creators in an effort to be creative. And they have become very, very creative----
Who/what were their ancestors-?

The mechanisms of evolution are as complex and any process in nature. However, the simple fact that all life is derived from a common ancestor is not disputed by the vast majority of scientists and is confirmed by every field of science that touches it. Non-scientists bring their unique baggage that makes them question it for religious, political, or ideological reasons, not for scientific ones.

If I have upset you, please forgive me.

I believe you are and that is why I posted this topic here. I was hoping to get comments on the substance of my post.
We started with a molten ball of rock and now we have billions of loving things. I am disputing evolution as the reason.
Abiogenesis, the first spark/Life is not really part of evolution.
No matter how it happened, evolution is demonstrably true by every relevant science to the topic.

Space Alien seeding you mentioned is another idiotic POS since that really just "kicks the life problem down the galaxy."

And yes, in earth's case, and in 4.5 Billion years of wildly varying conditions, including being bombarded by Billions of objects, including Water Filled Comets, I do believe it's certainly possible these many elements broke down and combined into a soup that was more conducive to life, not just from "a molten rock."
You are an ignorant and disingenuous simpleton neglecting the fact that it took 3 Billion of that 4.5 Billion years just to get 'more livable'/conducive.

You are really beneath discussion and I suggest you google 'Argument from Ignorance' or 'Argument from Incredulity' because they are about the two biggest (of a dozen) of your fallacies.

`

Last edited:

Forum List

Back