Quest for the Holy Grail

Forgot to use the search function here, seems there was a thread on this about three years ago;

What exactly is the Holy Grail - and why has its meaning eluded us for centuries?​

A few interesting and informative posts there to supplement this one.

Sorry mush for brains, but your opinions aren't the same as facts.
Also you seem to confuse should for could.
You would pay $100 for a little chip of wood if someone told you it was from Noah’s Ark, wouldn’t you?

You would pay $100 for a little chip of wood if someone told you it was from Noah’s Ark, wouldn’t you?
Nope!
I'm not into collecting relics, real or imagined.
Other than your penchant to engage in ad hominem attacks, don't see how this relates to the thread topic.
So far you haven't contributed anything of substance here so don't see any value in responding to your juvenile snarks after this.

Why? Because YOU can't understand a myth and insist on reading it literally like a small child?
No! I'm applying an open and inquisitive mind on the subject, rather than the childish closed mind you present.

The "Holy Grail" could be;
1) A physical object used to consume foods/beverages such as a glass, cup, chalice, bowl, or similar.
2) A reference to a genetic "blood line" of select leadership and/or spiritual enlightenment.
3) A quest for some form of "spiritual enlightenment".
4) Any to all of the above.

You've suggested a fifth, that it is all a "myth", yet fail to define the "myth" in further detail or in supporting substance or references. This despite repeated requests to share more supporting details for your position.

Instead you repeatedly engage in personal attacks that would suggest;
1) You have no material sources/references to back your claims.
2) You are some young punk living in parents basement pretending to be an adult, yet showing no depth of knowledge or maturity to have credibility.

I don't do "ignore lists", rather just stop bothering to read or consider idiots posting, and you are on verge of making that list. Last chance to "put up or shut up".

I read a book about a modern effort to extract DNA from Neanderthal remains. It's a difficult process but what struck me was the effort by universities to steal and cheat and do anything they could to be first to publish successful findings. Museums are quick to label amateurs as grave robbers while they do the same thing and hoard their finds behind locked vaults and occasionally offer finds for sale or trade to outside interests or other museums.

Jesus did not put on a show of royalty and as such the cup he drank from at the "Last Supper" was most likely a common vessel which would be unrecognizable today if it survived which is doubtful.

It would have been scrap metal and melted down again and again to make new stuff with; metal was too expensive to toss, and if it were wood it would have rotted into dust a long long time ago, maybe less than 20 years after it was made.

Forum List

Back