Quality of Life Discussion

Why ask Americans about the quality of life when the rest of the world seems to be in constant turmoil? The Founding Fathers of the fledgling United States of America invented the concept of "quality of life". The F.F. guaranteed certain freedoms in the Bill of Rights aka the 1st ten Amendments to the Constitution. If you are dissatisfied with your personal "quality of life" in the greatest Country in the world you need to get off the prescription drugs.

I'll provide more later on health care availability impact on quality of life or happiness.

The rest of your post is true, but not what I was looking for.

Can you take a shot at answering some of the questions I posed in the OP ?

I don't want to know what makes you happy.

I am more intrested to know if you take time a on a regular basis to make sure your choices are aligned with what it is that you think you want. There is no right or wrong. Just looking to find out what people are thinking.
Try restating your OP in a more succinct manner and leave out references to politics and health care.

As to your new question, I base my choices on their alignment with my values. I don't need a time-out to do that.

Why ask Americans about the quality of life when the rest of the world seems to be in constant turmoil? The Founding Fathers of the fledgling United States of America invented the concept of "quality of life". The F.F. guaranteed certain freedoms in the Bill of Rights aka the 1st ten Amendments to the Constitution. If you are dissatisfied with your personal "quality of life" in the greatest Country in the world you need to get off the prescription drugs.

It seems that per the metrics the WHO and others have established, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, & Switzerland are the "happiest" places on earth. I don't claim to know what that means or why it is so.

Per the World Happiness Report, Finland is the happiest country for the sixth year in a row. The others listed above are generally very close. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

This is based on polling data supplied by Gallup.

I have not studied how this is determined.

So I am not saying "this proves anything".

The United States is not far behind these countries (and Australia) overall.

But keep in mind that Finland is 5 million people. We are about 65 times larger and we are certainly not a monolith.

I guess I have to ask the question. lf we are doing so well, why are our politics so ugly ?

Forum List

Back