Qst. for the gun-lovers among us.....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
During an incident at a community college (or a bar or a rock festival or a mall) there's a report of someone shooting at people and the police respond......

Now, the venue has a concealed carry ordinance and a whole bunch of other people grab their guns .........and the police SWAT team shows up......

Can you fathom WHAT THE HELL could possibly go wrong in that scenario???

During an incident at a community college (or a bar or a rock festival or a mall) there's a report of someone shooting at people and the police respond......

Now, the venue has a concealed carry ordinance and a whole bunch of other people grab their guns .........and the police SWAT team shows up......

The original shooter would be dead, the CCW people would have a beer with the cops

I would give the shooter my gun...

115 grains at a time...

It would be over before the cops ever arrived on the scene..

Can you "fathom" what would happen if people had some common sense? And stopped using pseudo intellectual words?

There's no way I would attract attention to myself by firing on a shooter unless I was stranding behind him and could put one in the back of his head.

• Banned
There's no way I would attract attention to myself by firing on a shooter unless I was stranding behind him and could put one in the back of his head.

See, someone can answer with some rationale...Thank you.

If I was armed? I'd probably gather as many people as I could in a room and stand at the door in defense. Running around looking for the shooter is a bad idea because you could be possibly identified as a hostile and shot.

Besides................you'd probably only get in the way of the SWAT. Gathering as many as you can and defending them is a much better option.

Some people can hit a target, some can't...

If you know your weapon's capabilities, you can hit it at a reasonable distance with enough practice...

Of course, it helps if you aim, instead of holding the gun sideways!!!!

If I was armed? I'd probably gather as many people as I could in a room and stand at the door in defense. Running around looking for the shooter is a bad idea because you could be possibly identified as a hostile and shot.

Besides................you'd probably only get in the way of the SWAT. Gathering as many as you can and defending them is a much better option.
That's the preferred option, if possible...

But if not, take the shooter down ASAP.

After the Wisconsin mass shooting, I was chatting with a neighbor who was also part of the local SWAT.......He admitted that in such a tense situation where there is a mass shooter loose, ANYONE waving a gun goes down......apologies will be made AFTER if the wrong person(s) are casualties.

Last edited:
to obama congress is krptonite and then this shooting happens and obama goes running to congress like a little school girl demanding something be done

you got the pen and a phone. time to put your big boy pants on. LOL

to obama congress is krptonite and then this shooting happens and obama goes running to congress like a little school girl demanding something be done

you got the pen and a phone. time to put your big boy pants on. LOL

Oh, I can picture YOUR ilk's reaction to Obama issuing an executive order banning assault weapons used by deer hunters who want to by-pass the grinding of deer meat for sausages.

After the Wisconsin mass shooting, I was chatting with a neighbor who was also part of the local SWAT.......He admitted that in such a tense situation where there is a mass shooter loose, ANYONE waving a gun goes down......apologies will be made AFTER is the wrong person(s) are casualties.
So now you're comparing the cop's response time of at least 5-10 minutes with the SECONDS it would take to end the situation at close quarters and holster your gun???

Minutes when people are DYING???

What is really funny is that the gun grabbers always refer to this scenario, but it either rarely happens or never happens. Stop the WHAT IF hand wringing. Life does not even work this way.

What is really funny is that the gun grabbers always refer to this scenario, but it either rarely happens or never happens. Stop the WHAT IF hand wringing. Life does not even work this way.
Yeah, Gnat's an idiot...

He doesn't realize someone with a weapon and permit can take a shooter down, but will yield the scene to the cops when they show up...

I have heard the term "mass shooting" is defined as a shooting where there are multiple victims. I have also heard it defined as 4 or more victims to be defined as a mass shooting. Multiple victims could be two. Do they count these drive by shootings by these gangs in the inner cities as mass shootings? Is it fair to count them in the statistics? What we hear from the media is that there is a mass shooting daily in the US. If they do count these gang drive by shootings then I consider the count very low and what I consider a mass shooting as extremely rare.

I have heard the term "mass shooting" is defined as a shooting where there are multiple victims. I have also heard it defined as 4 or more victims to be defined as a mass shooting. Multiple victims could be two. Do they count these drive by shootings by these gangs in the inner cities as mass shootings? Is it fair to count them in the statistics? What we hear from the media is that there is a mass shooting daily in the US. If they do count these gang drive by shootings then I consider the count very low and what I consider a mass shooting as extremely rare.

A very comforting platitude to the families of those victims in Oregon, don't you think?

Forum List

Back