Qaddafi and sons leave libya

...without unnecessarily endangering American lives in the process.

Yup, NATO (with the help of the US, of course) now has a major victory under its belt (a first, by the way), and the Libyan people are now rid of Gaddafi, and no American lives were lost in the process. That's called a win-win-win situation.

Of course, conservatives are uspest (they're always upset) about it. They criticized the policy when it was started, and they were never really supported the action seeing as how the Republican led House issued a rebuke of President Barack Obama's Libya policy on June 3 by a vote of 268-145 .

House rips Obama Libya policy - CNN

But Obama was proven right, and Republicans have shown themselves to be a party that is more interested in undermining a Democrat President than they are in supporting the troops and the commander-in-chief in a time of war.

Bad form

Republicans only want to cut taxes for the rich and kill Social Security, Medicare, and the EPA.

You can repeat those lies until the day you die, they will still be lies. You really need to learn to think for yourself - apply a little logic - before you believe whatever your current snakeoil salesman is selling.
Chris hates logic almost as much as he hates our servicemen and servicewomen.

I'm pro wars where Americans don't get killed.

Like the Balkans and Libya.

You're 'pro war'? Seriously? How odd. I just don't get how anyone could be supportive of war, and saying 'where Americans don't get killed' is just sick. You don't care about people, unless they are American? That's not very liberal of you.

Personally, I am not at all 'pro war'. I think war is sometimes an evil necessity, and daily I give thanks that we have men and women who will put their lives at risk for others - even when those 'others' are not even Americans.

Shame on you with your 'pro war' bullshit.

Thank-you, President Obama for helping the Libyan people overthrow Gaddafi...

Are you a Lybian?

If not, why the fuck do you want the US to get involved?

Ever hear of Pan American flight 103?

How about the 1986 Berlin discotheque bombing?

we made and came to an agreement with Qaddafi. I was not happy about it but I bowed to reality. I guess you missed my post where in this was more than anything, about secure Oil ( just as the release of the lockerbie bomber was quid pro quo) as much as it was protecting people from harm and if protecting people from harm is now an excuse then bush took Saddam d now but don't knock yourself out patting him on the back and, hows it going in Sudan these days, Darfur?

please. if bush invaded Iraq for oil, well? don't let that hypocrisy choke you up....

snip-

Eni, with BP of Britain, Total of France, Repsol YPF of Spain and OMV of Austria, were all big producers in Libya before the fighting broke out, and they stand to gain the most once the conflict ends. American companies like Hess, ConocoPhillips and Marathon also made deals with the Qaddafi regime, although the United States relies on Libya for less than 1 percent of its imports.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/23/b...e-for-access-to-libyas-oil-wealth-begins.html

Last edited:
From the Huffington Post:

Embattled Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi may be preparing to flee the country within days, according to NBC News.

U.S. officials told NBC that intelligence reports suggest Gaddafi is in the process of making plans to evacuate from Libya with his family. The reports indicate he may be headed to Tunisia, where it is possible he will be granted exile.

At least seven loud blasts were heard in Tripoli early Friday morning as bombs fell in the vicinity of Gaddafi's main headquarters of Bab al-Aziziya.

Gaddafi Making Plans To Leave Libya, NBC Reports

Good news. Probably easier pickings in Tunisia. My bet is he doesn't live to long after settling in.. :eusa_whistle:

:clap2:

So, to review. Libya has fallen to the rebels. And still no evidence that Gaddafi has fled the country. Quite the opposite, in fact. The rebels themselves believe he is still in the country.

So, again, Shallow.... where is your proof that he and his sons have left?

Of course, conservatives are uspest (they're always upset) about it. They criticized the policy when it was started, and they were never really supported the action seeing as how the Republican led House issued a rebuke of President Barack Obama's Libya policy on June 3 by a vote of 268-145 .

House rips Obama Libya policy - CNN

I guess you can't read your own link to well retard. Republicans voted down the resolution calling for the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Libya. That is Washington speak for we support the presidents war. John McCain told the president to get off his ass & help the rebels.

House members rejected a resolution offered by Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, calling for the withdrawal of U.S. forces from the NATO-led military operation. Kucinich's measure was defeated in a 148-265 vote.

He can't help it if he's a partisan hack and a lying sack of crap. It's just the way he is.

You're projecting...AGAIN.

At first the right said that Obama wasn't doing enough in Libya.

Yeah, bullshit.

You're such a fucking liar - but that's a big part of being a leftist.

No, liar. Lying is what YOU and your ilk do.

Watch "Libya: Are we doing enough?" Video at The Week looming gov't shutdown

Obama's Libya Policy Isn't A Muddle. It's A Disgrace. | The New Republic

Fox & Friends Reacts To Libya By Complaining Bush Was Criticized Over Iraq | Media Matters for America

As you go through the links and watch the videos and read the articles, you will see how the Right collectively went from "He's not doing enough" to "He's doing too much" and comes right around to "Not doing enough/didn't do it right."

The same RW BS. Liar.

They were down with the whole shock 'n' awe thing that had over a hundred thousand ground troops sent into Iraq for nonexistent WMDs

In other words, you're just a mindless fucking partisan. R-war BAD, D-war GOOD, Oh Bahhh Bahhh Bahhh Mahhh

How do you even fucking breath? You don't seem to have enough IQ points for autonomous functions....

Not at all. I KNEW that the Iraq War was a monumental mistake when Bush launched it. The only surprise to me was that it turned out to be an even bigger fiasco than I first believed it to be. That belief was not born out of partisanship, unlike conservatives support of the Iraq War and their lack of support for the NATO led effort in Libya.

I wasn't particularly happy with Bush before the 9-11, but I supported him right up until he attacked Iraq. That's when I knew that he would screw up probably everything he touched. And again, I'm only surprised by the degree to which Bush messed things up.

Indeed, that RW dunce really FUBARed things.

Republicans only want to cut taxes for the rich and kill Social Security, Medicare, and the EPA.

You can repeat those lies until the day you die, they will still be lies. You really need to learn to think for yourself - apply a little logic - before you believe whatever your current snakeoil salesman is selling.
Chris hates logic almost as much as he hates our servicemen and servicewomen.
I just wanted to make sure.......you didn't think most lefties hate our servicemen and servicewomen....do you?

In other words, you're just a mindless fucking partisan. R-war BAD, D-war GOOD, Oh Bahhh Bahhh Bahhh Mahhh

How do you even fucking breath? You don't seem to have enough IQ points for autonomous functions....

Not at all. I KNEW that the Iraq War was a monumental mistake when Bush launched it. The only surprise to me was that it turned out to be an even bigger fiasco than I first believed it to be. That belief was not born out of partisanship, unlike conservatives support of the Iraq War and their lack of support for the NATO led effort in Libya.

I wasn't particularly happy with Bush before the 9-11, but I supported him right up until he attacked Iraq. That's when I knew that he would screw up probably everything he touched. And again, I'm only surprised by the degree to which Bush messed things up.

Most fools never really get a chance to screw things up in a monumental way due to the simple fact that fools rarely ever get any real power. Oh sure, fools can and do screw up their little corner of the world, but the ripple effects are usually very limited.

Bush was one hell of an exception to the rule. And let's not forget which group foisted him on America and supported him all the way. And now what do they say? They say that Bush really was NOT a conservative.

I'm sorry, but I can't buy into the OOPS defense. And why should America listen to anything conservatives say now when their track record sucks so bad?

Most fools never really get a chance to screw things up in a monumental way due to the simple fact that fools rarely ever get any real power. Oh sure, fools can and do screw up their little corner of the world, but the ripple effects are usually very limited.

Bush was one hell of an exception to the rule. And let's not forget which group foisted him on America and supported him all the way. And now what do they say? They say that Bush really was NOT a conservative.
I'm sorry, but I can't buy into the OOPS defense. And why should America listen to anything conservatives say now when their track record sucks so bad?

:lol:

It's worse then that..they are saying he was a democrat on the down low.

Except that they aren't doing anything differently in Congress..:eusa_shhh:

Bush was one hell of an exception to the rule.

True, then it just got worse.

Say, that can be your campaign slogan: "Obama, making even Bush look competent!"

Say, that can be your campaign slogan: "Obama, making even Bush look competent!"

lmao

Nobody is EVER going to make that happen. Nobody.

Nobody is EVER going to make that happen. Nobody.
Damn right!

That dumb RW OAF from Texas will go down in history as THEE worst President...ever.

No one will forgot how the buffoon stumbled and fumbled and damn near crashed America.

We're all still smarting from his horrendous run.

Bush did that on his own by leaving eight years of a presidency with two unfinished wars and a wrecked economy. It's amazing how the GOP has saddled Obama with ALL of the responsibility for it in less than three years, at least in the eyes of anti Obama folks.

How can your right hemisphere look at your left hemisphere with a straight face?

Forum List

Back