Q re how James calculated $350 million “fine” for the victimless crime

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Did she just draw the number out of her hat? it seems to me that the number must be be based on some sort of calculation.

For example, I suffered a relatively minor injury due to a company’s negligence. Their insurance agent wanted me to come up with a dollar figure to settle the matter. So, I did a little research and found it is customary to pay the actual expenses, plus a multiple of the amount (1 to 5x, depending on pain, inconvenience, etc.

So say my actual out-of-pocket, after insurance, was $1380, including gas and mileage, and I asked for 1x that since the pain was pretty mild, and made a demand for $2760. (The insurance guy was relieved I was so reasonable.)

So….that’s how I arrived at my demand of $2760. How did James come up with $350 million for a civil violation in which nobody was hurt, and nobody was even a victim? I’m curious.

Did she just draw the number out of her hat? it seems to me that the number must be be based on some sort of calculation.

For example, I suffered a relatively minor injury due to a company’s negligence. Their insurance agent wanted me to come up with a dollar figure to settle the matter. So, I did a little research and found it is customary to pay the actual expenses, plus a multiple of the amount (1 to 5x, depending on pain, inconvenience, etc.

So say my actual out-of-pocket, after insurance, was $1380, including gas and mileage, and I asked for 1x that since the pain was pretty mild, and made a demand for $2760. (The insurance guy was relieved I was so reasonable.)

So….that’s how I arrived at my demand of $2760. How did James come up with $350 million for a civil violation in which nobody was hurt, and nobody was even a victim? I’m curious.
Too easy.....POLITICS

1710962063965.png

Seems like the vindictive AG is violating Trump’s constitutional rights - and I’m sure she knows it. The ridiculous fine is designed to:

1) make it appear that he is guilty of a heinous crime to the stupid and gullible.

2) interfere with his run for the presidency.
3) Show to everyone that she does not know how to stay in her lane.

She and her friends have single handedly done more damage to New Yorks economy and reputation than one could measure.

Quite frankly I don't view them as Americans or espousing the American Way. Unfortunately, the world will view this as the "new America". Europe had already been looking elsewhere, China has influenced Africa and Central America to turn away from the U.S. How will such efforts as this benefit America?

In short, they will not. They will greatly harm America as a place for people to invest their money. These efforts are far more dangerous than I've seen and what is most shocking is there are few who are speaking out about this. It is considered "ok", "normal", "acceptable".

This occurs one day the next they are filing people into trains and creating lists. Hell, AOC demanded such a list of Trump supporters after he lost. These people would have been in prison or deemed Communist sympathizers back in the day.

As a Canadian who viewed America as being unique and "not like other hellholes", I am flabberghast. They truly fear losing power and the wealth they take from corrupt means. Where is the oversight?

So?

Trump will have to prove fines were excessive and not in accordance with existing law

I wish Crooked Donnie luck
Yeah, right…..it will be SOOOO difficult to prove that a $350 million fine for a civil violation that had no victim is excessive.

Simple, they knew that was a number he couldn't possibly raise cash for the the bond and thus any appeal.

Forum List

Back