Q. For Small Government Adherents

I agree, college isn't for everyone. Those unable or unwilling to commit to four more years of academic study need to develop the skills needed today and in the future. Community college is one avenue, community service is another.
That's very ignorant. People can learn a trade on the job and go from there, even starting their own companies. Idiots like you can't even envision a person not attached to a titty somewhere. You must work for the government.

Define "conservative", or if you prefer, "Conservative" (there are parties by that name, and each has a platform).
I use the term the traditional way. Marked by caution, a look before you leap mentality. Contrary to liberal thought it doesn't mean never change, just change what needs fixing while thinking about the consequences. Spending less than you make. Results oriented versus ideological desires.

Wow, maybe you need a new label - I can see why you aren't a card carrying member of any of the Conservative Political Parties. You're more pragmatic than I thought, if what you wrote is true.

I can't think of any self defined conservative who posts here and deals with things sensibly and realistically, if it doesn't fit into their ideological box, it must be eschewed.

I can't think of a bigger left wing hack than yourself and rdean. You two are locked in partisanship and couldn't supply an original thought if your life depended on it.

Thanks so much for sharing, I know it took much thought and likely several revisions to post such a unique and original personal attack.

Of course only an uneducated louche would expect originality, a rare occurrence indeed, and a criticism both arrogant and hackneyed, especially when posted by LBT, a charter member of the echo chamber.

I responded to your thread and offered my opinion but then you proceeded with your usual bitterness and hate. IIRC, I have even commended you on your service in the military so don't get mad when I throw barbs back to your juvenile behavior. Of course, we all know that you can't handle criticisms coming back your way.

I responded to this: "I can't think of a bigger left wing hack than yourself and rdean. You two are locked in partisanship and couldn't supply an original thought if your life depended on it."

My response was not "bitter" or hateful, no matter what you believe. Life is too short to hold such petty emotions; your confusion says much more about you than me.

I agree, college isn't for everyone. Those unable or unwilling to commit to four more years of academic study need to develop the skills needed today and in the future. Community college is one avenue, community service is another.
That's very ignorant. People can learn a trade on the job and go from there, even starting their own companies. Idiots like you can't even envision a person not attached to a titty somewhere. You must work for the government.

Thanks once again for your biased and ignorant opinion. Now, for those who can think outside of the box, consider the fact that not everyone can get a job unless they have documented experience.

Those of us in tune with reality know that most jobs have MQ's, and most high school grads have no record of employment which even allow them to apply, let alone get an interview.

BTW, your use of the word "idiot" is offensive and simply a pejorative used to make you feel superior. You're not, at one time I believed you were willfully ignorant; I gave you credit you don't deserve.

I use the term the traditional way. Marked by caution, a look before you leap mentality. Contrary to liberal thought it doesn't mean never change, just change what needs fixing while thinking about the consequences. Spending less than you make. Results oriented versus ideological desires.

Wow, maybe you need a new label - I can see why you aren't a card carrying member of any of the Conservative Political Parties. You're more pragmatic than I thought, if what you wrote is true.

I can't think of any self defined conservative who posts here and deals with things sensibly and realistically, if it doesn't fit into their ideological box, it must be eschewed.

I can't think of a bigger left wing hack than yourself and rdean. You two are locked in partisanship and couldn't supply an original thought if your life depended on it.

Thanks so much for sharing, I know it took much thought and likely several revisions to post such a unique and original personal attack.

Of course only an uneducated louche would expect originality, a rare occurrence indeed, and a criticism both arrogant and hackneyed, especially when posted by LBT, a charter member of the echo chamber.

I responded to your thread and offered my opinion but then you proceeded with your usual bitterness and hate. IIRC, I have even commended you on your service in the military so don't get mad when I throw barbs back to your juvenile behavior. Of course, we all know that you can't handle criticisms coming back your way.

I responded to this: "I can't think of a bigger left wing hack than yourself and rdean. You two are locked in partisanship and couldn't supply an original thought if your life depended on it."

My response was not "bitter" or hateful, no matter what you believe. Life is too short to hold such petty emotions; your confusion says much more about you than me.

That was only in response to your attack. Again, you started a thread asking a question and I gave a response. Nowhere in that response did I attack you.

Thanks once again for your biased and ignorant opinion. Now, for those who can think outside of the box, consider the fact that not everyone can get a job unless they have documented experience.

Those of us in tune with reality know that most jobs have MQ's, and most high school grads have no record of employment which even allow them to apply, let alone get an interview.

BTW, your use of the word "idiot" is offensive and simply a pejorative used to make you feel superior. You're not, at one time I believed you were willfully ignorant; I gave you credit you don't deserve.
My opinion is neither biased or ignorant. You're just too dim and small to understand. I have a college degree and learned a trade at a shop and went off on my own so I speak from something you don't have. Real world experience.

I am also a contractor and many (most) guys have no college experience. They build your home, commercial buildings, roads, bridges, etc. There's a whole world out there you know nothing about. And I'll call an idiot an idiot, since you've removed all doubt.

My opinion is neither biased or ignorant. You're just too dim and small to understand. I have a college degree and learned a trade at a shop and went off on my own so I speak from something you don't have. Real world experience.

I am also a contractor and many (most) guys have no college experience. They build your home, commercial buildings, roads, bridges, etc. There's a whole world out there you know nothing about. And I'll call an idiot an idiot, since you've removed all doubt.

How many untrained and unfamiliar with (tools or math skills), and with no experience have you hired off the street (if you really are a contractor)? Well, you might, but most won't.

I believe you're mostly full of shit, pissed off at me because I can smell it and confront you; you disagree on some very fundamental realities which strongly suggest your're dishonest, if not the idiot you like to call others.

BTW, I'm a home owner (I currently own two) and have owned cars for over 50 years. I've hired many contractors (cement, electrical, roofing, painting, tile masons, etc.) and mechanics. Both contractors and mechanics come in all sizes, shapes and skills. Some are excellent, some are not and some are crooks.

I have a college degree and learned a trade at a shop and went off on my own so I speak from something you don't have. Real world experience.

I am also a contractor and many (most) guys have no college experience.

Weasel, don't ya love the Internet? It's way better than the Army. You really can be all that you want to be.
Unfortunately, no one else really believes what they read on the Internet. Guess it's a trade off. :dunno:

I have a college degree and learned a trade at a shop and went off on my own so I speak from something you don't have. Real world experience.

I am also a contractor and many (most) guys have no college experience.
Weasel, don't ya love the Internet? It's way better than the Army. You really can be all that you want to be.
Unfortunately, no one else really believes what they read on the Internet. Guess it's a trade off. :dunno:
You're a liar, you're full of shit and you're a loser that can't stand it when someone is more successful than you. Which is most people.

How many untrained and unfamiliar with (tools or math skills), and with no experience have you hired off the street (if you really are a contractor)? Well, you might, but most won't.

I believe you're mostly full of shit, pissed off at me because I can smell it and confront you; you disagree on some very fundamental realities which strongly suggest your're dishonest, if not the idiot you like to call others.

BTW, I'm a home owner (I currently own two) and have owned cars for over 50 years. I've hired many contractors (cement, electrical, roofing, painting, tile masons, etc.) and mechanics. Both contractors and mechanics come in all sizes, shapes and skills. Some are excellent, some are not and some are crooks.
Hey, retardo. None of that proves your point. Most of those trades don't require college, just on the job training. Who goes to college to lay bricks, paint, etc.? Electricians, plumbers, hvac and a few others require a special license requiring education but its' at a specific trade school.

And what you believe doesn't mean jack, you've made too many ignorant posts.

Hey, retardo. None of that proves your point. Most of those trades don't require college, just on the job training. Who goes to college to lay bricks, paint, etc.? Electricians, plumbers, hvac and a few others require a special license requiring education but its' at a specific trade school.

My point, asshole, is without any experience a high school grad, or a drop out, will not be considered for employment most of the time. All anyone needs to do to verity my point is to go on line and look at entry level jobs. You really are an obnoxious jerk, but I'm sure you revel in that persona.

My point, asshole, is without any experience a high school grad, or a drop out, will not be considered for employment most of the time. All anyone needs to do to verity my point is to go on line and look at entry level jobs. You really are an obnoxious jerk, but I'm sure you revel in that persona.
Mainly because "entry level jobs" start at min wage, which is more than most entry level people are worth.
In the days when min wage was truly minimal people started jobs out of high school all the time and developed relevant skills.

Mainly because "entry level jobs" start at min wage, which is more than most entry level people are worth.
In the days when min wage was truly minimal people started jobs out of high school all the time and developed relevant skills.

Thanks so much for your opinion, worthless and irrelevant as it is.

Thanks so much for your opinion, worthless and irrelevant as it is.
You're sucha scumbag cocksucker. I answer your point and show why the argument is bad and you respond with insults. This is why you cant engage in a serious discussion on this forum.

How would YOU shrink the Federal Government. Since you believe it will be a good thing, I must suppose you have thought of the cost-benefits and cost-deficits. Please include them with any cut you propose.
Thanks in advance for your thoughtful explanation.
Remove any and all programs that the Constitution does not specifically grant power to Congress to create.

Last edited:

Like I said, many in the trade start out working for a company with nothing but a high school education, regardless of how you feel about it. As guys move up they need a new grunt.

Have you ever had a job other than government teat suckling?

Like I said, many in the trade start out working for a company with nothing but a high school education, regardless of how you feel about it. As guys move up they need a new grunt.

Have you ever had a job other than government teat suckling?

Yep.

We have actually balanced three budgets in recent years. This was followed by a recession.

The problem with balancing a budget is that it doesn't reduce the market's desire for liquidity, and the market seeks that via private debt. Government spending seems to be largely a substitute for private debt, but it doesn't bring the instability with it that private borrowing does.
Proselytizing your religious views in a political forum makes no sense. It takes a great amount of faith in magic and superstition to believe we can spend our way to prosperity.
It won't work for you and it doesn't work for a country. A balanced budget causes a recession? LOL.

- I gave an actual explanation of why it did.

Any response?

We have actually balanced three budgets in recent years. This was followed by a recession.

The problem with balancing a budget is that it doesn't reduce the market's desire for liquidity, and the market seeks that via private debt. Government spending seems to be largely a substitute for private debt, but it doesn't bring the instability with it that private borrowing does.
Proselytizing your religious views in a political forum makes no sense. It takes a great amount of faith in magic and superstition to believe we can spend our way to prosperity.
It won't work for you and it doesn't work for a country. A balanced budget causes a recession? LOL.
- I gave an actual explanation of why it did.

Any response?
I did. It's a statement of faith, like with any religion. Ask the faithful where in their chosen book it backs up their claims and they will show you.

Back in reality the world is indifferent and keeps ticking along. You don't create wealth with unemployment numbers. That's called trying to associate correlation with causation. The hallmark of dogma, not fact.

Forum List

Back