Q: Can a new Republican Congress reverse the inflation-increasing act?

Horseshit. This retroactive amnesia is astounding.

Trump and his GOP Congress set about doubling the federal deficit BEFORE Covid, you fucking idiot. Were you in a coma?

I swear, his tard herd was in a coma the whole time. I started many topics about Trump's spending on this forum, and you could not find a single Trumpist who whined about Obama's spending to say anything about Trump's spending.

Fucking hypocrites.

Hey, here's something your propagandists must have failed to point out to you:

Trump Proposes a Record $4.75 Trillion Budget​

That was WAY BEFORE the pandemic.

Because Trump knew his tard herd would not ever hold him accountable.
Cheney and Rush gave the game away over a decade ago...

quote-reagan-proved-that-deficits-don-t-matter-dick-cheney-5-40-38.jpg

Rush went even further.....

“Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore,” Limbaugh shot back. “All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it’s been around.”

The only time Republicans claim to care about the debt and deficit is when a Democrat is in the White House and they want to limit that president's ability to sign legislation that doesn't impose AUSTERITY CUTS on people who are not in the top 10% -- so that means, cut Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc -- anything to justify the next billionaire corporate tax cut

We know you will never hold Dims accountable because you're a prog.
We know you will always lie, because you are a tard.

Listening to the whining and moaning of Trump and his rube herd is awesome. Their stupidity and delusions have yet to hit bottom, which is fascinating to observe.

The downside is that Biden is trying to outspend Trump, but he still has a long, long way to go.

Each president outspends the one before. Biden will take our debt to outer space.

Democrats: Tax and spend
Republicans: Borrow and spend

The Republicans and Democrats are always in competition to outspend each other.

Not sure how this works….

Clearly, new spending amidst a high inflation environment is not going to help, and increasing taxes is bad timing as well. Can a newly elected Republican majority reverse this come January 2023?

Not all spending increases inflation, actually it has been proven to have little effect empirically on inflation.

The GOP has a lot to answer for in spreading absolute BS economic principles... Some people still think that cutting taxes growth GDP..

Also if it is law a GOP congress wouldn't be able reverse it....

Someday US is going to wake up and discover that GOP economics is just a tissue of lies repeated often...

I know you're an idiot, but quit pretending to be that big of an idiot. The spending was supposedly because of COVID. Democrats demanded it, and Republicans were too scared to oppose it. Furthermore, Biden has already spent $ trillion during is administration.
He blew up the deficit before COVID -- I am the WRONG ONE to run that bullshit on.....

This was from back in 2019, bitch...

So was this, bitch....

As I understand it, the spending in this bill is only for 3 years while the taxes are for 10 years. So, much of the spending part will pretty much be over by the time the next president takes office and the damage done as far as inflation is concerned. BUT - if the GOP takes the House and/or the Senate in November then they can defund the appropriations for this stuff next year and beyond. What one Congress can do, the next one can undo, especially when one party passes a spending bill without votes from the other party.

I am so sick and tired of partisans pointing their fingers at the opposition party being to blame for our federal debt.

Christ, all during Trump's term I started topics showing Trump was outspending Obama and running up the debt at a record pace.

Every last dipshit who whined and moaned about Obama's spending and deficits were STONE SILENT about Trump. And they remain silent to this very day, despite Trump adding $8 trillion to the debt in HALF the time it took Obama!

I am so fed up with the hypocrisy. BOTH parties have put us in this hole.

BOTH.

So long as fucktard partisan hacks refuse to hold their OWN party accountable, then our politicians will keep digging us deeper and deeper in debt.

As I have said so many times, we get the politicians we deserve.

You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye. - Matthew 7:5

Probably not:

Reversal would depend on three things:
  • Republican super-majority in the House
  • Republican super-majority in the Senate
  • Republican in the Office of the Presidency
House:
A few months ago the GOP taking the House seemed a slam dunk. However newer polls are showing it will be closer than originally though. Likely the GOP will still take the House, but not by large numbers.

Senate:
A few months ago the GOP taking the Senate seemed a slam dunk. However newer polls are showing that is a much more iffy chance. Right now it's about a 50/50 chance that the DEMs retain control. So if the GOP does take control of the senate it will be with a very slim majority of 51 or 52. (Remember they need 51 votes as a 50/50 tie gets broken by the DEM Vice President.)

President:
The DEM President will veto it. Meaning that both the House and Senate will have to override the veto with 2/3's majorities. Not going to happen.

That's why the GOP having a slim majority in the House and/or Senate, do not mean it will be repealed in 2023.

Hope that helps.

WW
Yea, it does….thank you.

We are definitely in a scary spot right now. It looks like we will not be be to reverse the Far-Left agenda put in place with this bill, but come January, if things go as I hope, we can at least contain it.

On a personal note, my friend just told me that her 32-year-old daughter cannot afford the rent increase on her apartment in addition to the hike in groceries and is moving back in with her; a friend of mine in her 60s just got a rental increase on her townhouse which she cannot afford and is moving into a one-bedroom; and another friend just got a part-time job after 8 years of retirement.

The Democrats’ callous disregard for the hardship caused by inflation makes me question if the action to increase inflation further is deliberate.

With all of this spending, and by either party, we should be wondering just exactly what is their 'end game'?
We The People are not going to end up in a better situation than we are today, and the climate will not be any
less changing than it is today.
Just think about it without the partisan glasses.

Cheney and Rush gave the game away over a decade ago...

View attachment 678296

Rush went even further.....

“Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore,” Limbaugh shot back. “All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it’s been around.”

The only time Republicans claim to care about the debt and deficit is when a Democrat is in the White House and they want to limit that president's ability to sign legislation that doesn't impose AUSTERITY CUTS on people who are not in the top 10% -- so that means, cut Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc -- anything to justify the next billionaire corporate tax cut
Deficits and Debt do matter but not the way GOP say it...

You reduce deficits(or run a surplus) during a boom and increase/deficit spending during a recession...

Small problem, GOP Presidents just increase spending and cut taxes no matter what the conditions... Trump raved about his economic numbers but increased borrowing... That's it, he increased the deficit... At no point does that make sense unless you are just BSing the US public.,.

As I understand it, the spending in this bill is only for 3 years while the taxes are for 10 years. So, much of the spending part will pretty much be over by the time the next president takes office and the damage done as far as inflation is concerned. BUT - if the GOP takes the House and/or the Senate in November then they can defund the appropriations for this stuff next year and beyond. What one Congress can do, the next one can undo, especially when one party passes a spending bill without votes from the other party.
But WW explained that even if the House majority vote to defund it, the Biden guy can be told to veto it by the people manipulating him. Doesn’t look promising.

I am so sick and tired of partisans pointing their fingers at the opposition party being to blame for our federal debt.

Christ, all during Trump's term I started topics showing Trump was outspending Obama and running up the debt at a record pace.

Every last dipshit who whined and moaned about Obama's spending and deficits were STONE SILENT about Trump. And they remain silent to this very day, despite Trump adding $8 trillion to the debt in HALF the time it took Obama!

I am so fed up with the hypocrisy. BOTH parties have put us in this hole.

BOTH.

So long as fucktard partisan hacks refuse to hold their OWN party accountable, then our politicians will keep digging us deeper and deeper in debt.

As I have said so many times, we get the politicians we deserve.

You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye. - Matthew 7:5
Who are you calling “fucktard” (such a nice liberal) and quoting the NT to? I sure hope it isn’t me. I’m a nice Jewish girl who 1) wasn’t raised to use crass language, and 2) not give a hoot about the NT.

Try your ChristIan bashing on someone who cares.

With all of this spending, and by either party, we should be wondering just exactly what is their 'end game'?

The end game is to win in the next election. That's it.

We The People are not going to end up in a better situation than we are today, and the climate will not be any

True, but beside the point.

Not many people can or will do that these days. And being non-partisan ain't easy, everything you see or hear is biased one way or the other.

Last edited:
This is a tricky one...

Other countries are usually a lot more aware of what the country is borrowing or saving... Smaller countries especially would have there credit rating effected if they ran too high of a deficit...

Not sure how this works….

Clearly, new spending amidst a high inflation environment is not going to help, and increasing taxes is bad timing as well. Can a newly elected Republican majority reverse this come January 2023?
First, you have to understand what has caused the inflation, otherwise you can't fix it

So what do you see as the causes?

Don't ask Biden who first said that there is nothing democrats can do to fix inflation, and then in the next breath offer legislation that he says will help fix inflation.

But WW explained that even if the House majority vote to defund it, the Biden guy can be told to veto it by the people manipulating him. Doesn’t look promising.

Uhuh, and then we have a gov't shutdown if the prez vetoes the appropriations bill to fund the gov't. The GOP will not have enough votes to override a veto, but they can refuse to appropriate all gov't funding until the prez caves.

Uhuh, and then we have a gov't shutdown if the prez vetoes the appropriations bill to fund the gov't. The GOP will not have enough votes to override a veto, but they can refuse to appropriate all gov't funding until the prez caves.

The question wasn't about funding the appropriations bills.

The OPs question was about repealing the act in 2023.

Those are two different things.

WW

Forum List

Back