PyScript

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
New PyScript framework allows users to create python applications in the browser using html. Will it make Javascript obsolete? not overnight but in future could it take away much of JS market share?

I like Javascript more than Python. Even as a server tool, Python is inferior to Perl and PHP.
Javascript is not an ideal language, it has poor type casting, and it's frameworks now designed in style of callback-hell, but it is quite flexible and dynamic and has very good speed now for such a dynamic language.

And even on servers, Python still doesn't supplant PHP. This fact suggests that this is a stillborn product, because the server side is its main niche.

Perhaps it will be the other way around: javascript will push PHP and Python out of the servers. It is better suited for this because Nodejs is completely asynchronous out of the box.

Perhaps it will be the other way around: javascript will push PHP and Python out of the servers. It is better suited for this because Nodejs is completely asynchronous out of the box.
I don't think it will have anything to do with which is the better platform, Python will win in the end. All the software I use at work, except MS Office, has python embedded in it. I'm not a hard-core programmer but I use and many other non-programmers at work also use Python. It is already ubiquitous and has libraries to do almost everything.

If your system uses javascript you need a javascript programmer. If you use Python, almost anyone, even a non-programmer like me could be useful. VHS wasn't better than Beta, it was just everywhere.

I have done full stack with python using Anvil. Dell has me using Java Spring for the server side, Typescript for the client side. I like TS. For one thing i have fewer errors at runtime than with regular JS. Less debugging.

Forum List

Back