putting illegals in military barracks is a slap in the face of homeless veterans !

it seams that homeless illegals are more important to the communist party in power than our homeless veterans ! illegals get housed in military barracks while homeless vets dont ! veterans that have no place to stay should be housed in those barracks 1st !
You just had four years of 100% republican administration. Why didn't you do something?

Isn't it for the unaccompanied children only?

They didn't have a choice in the matter - the veterans made their choices in life and are adults and are now homeless.
i have no problem providing safe housing for children ! and you should have no problem with homeless vets being housed in barracks also !
How and where would you house homeless veterans with substance abuse problems who refuse treatment and bring drugs and alcohol into the facility?
in military barracks ! and believe it or not not all homeless people are drug addicts !
You are evading the question. Where would you place the veterans who are still using drugs and alcohol and refuse treatment? Would you mix them with the veterans who have spent months in rehab and the government has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars getting them straight?
not evading at all ! people that abuse drugs refuse to stay in shelters where they cant use ... like i said before not all homeless people are drug addicts ! i know that may be hard for your greater than thou elitist little mind can comprehend ... are all poor people living in gov housing drug addicts ?
I have worked with homeless veterans and you never have. I have experience and you have your imagination. You still have not answered the simple question I keep asking you. Where and how would you house the active drug addicts or alcoholics who refuse treatment?
Jail obviously.
You can allow them freedom on the streets unless or until they are caught breaking the law.
Illegal drug use is illegal as is public drunkenness. Citizens who aren't breaking the law can't be sent to jail or anywhere else unless they are in the military. Illegal aliens are also in violation of the law, could always send them to jail instead of law abiding veterans.
Lawbreakers deserve punishment. The homeless veteran thing is frustrating because there are so many programs for veterans that are ignored or go unused. Anyone can walk into a VFW or Legion Post or other Veterans service groups like Rolling Thunder and gain information and guidance on how to help homeless veterans find housing.
If lawbreakers deserve punishment why would you reward them? Why favor lawbreakers over homeless veterans? I've been a veteran since the '70s and have never been aware of a veterans service organization that actually provides housing for homeless veterans. Are you? If so who?
HUD-VASH provides permanent supportive housing for eligible homeless Veterans who are single or eligible homeless Veterans with families. The program is developed for the homeless Veteran, so eligible Veteran families must include the Veteran.

Interesting program and I am glad to know about it.
But Virginia is only a relatively small area and I have to wonder how many illegal aliens to be housed would qualify under the same criteria.

"Veterans who are appropriate candidates for this program demonstrate the most need or vulnerability and must need case management services in order to obtain and sustain independent community housing. HUD-VASH targets the chronically homeless Veteran who is the most vulnerable and often has severe mental or physical health problems and/or substance use disorders, with frequent emergency room visits, multiple treatment attempts, and limited access to other social supports. However, other Veterans who are homeless with diminished functional capacity and resultant need for case management are also eligible for the program."

Looks to me lake they have to be a homeless veteran but also a hopeless bum probably too far gone to jump through all the government hoops even if they still had a desire to do so.
Not so the illegal alien invader.

it seams that homeless illegals are more important to the communist party in power than our homeless veterans ! illegals get housed in military barracks while homeless vets dont ! veterans that have no place to stay should be housed in those barracks 1st !

Oh please...

What the blob was doing was paying GEO Group and others billions to house "prisoners". Biden is doing it in a cost-effectively

That being said...it's among the saddest byproducts of capitalism that those who contribute during their productive years are cast aside when they are no longer productive.

Few contribute more than our veterans. Especially combat veterans but all veterans in general--the deterrent they provided as a force even when they didn't fire a shot is just as important. I'm of the opinion we should take 5-10 current military bases and convert them into VA estates. Medicical, recreation, retirement housing.

What Biden is doing is smart. It's not a slap in the face to anyone.

They didn't have a choice in the matter - the veterans made their choices in life and are adults and are now homeless.
i have no problem providing safe housing for children ! and you should have no problem with homeless vets being housed in barracks also !
How and where would you house homeless veterans with substance abuse problems who refuse treatment and bring drugs and alcohol into the facility?
in military barracks ! and believe it or not not all homeless people are drug addicts !
You are evading the question. Where would you place the veterans who are still using drugs and alcohol and refuse treatment? Would you mix them with the veterans who have spent months in rehab and the government has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars getting them straight?
not evading at all ! people that abuse drugs refuse to stay in shelters where they cant use ... like i said before not all homeless people are drug addicts ! i know that may be hard for your greater than thou elitist little mind can comprehend ... are all poor people living in gov housing drug addicts ?
I have worked with homeless veterans and you never have. I have experience and you have your imagination. You still have not answered the simple question I keep asking you. Where and how would you house the active drug addicts or alcoholics who refuse treatment?
Jail obviously.
You can allow them freedom on the streets unless or until they are caught breaking the law.

:cuckoo: You want to turn kids out onto the street?
Are you fucken insane or a pedo?
Don't be stupid I have said no such thing. I don't think any illegal alien should allowed on any American street at any time for any reason. Some of these "kids" are active and experienced gang bangers as old and fit as US soldiers who died in Vietnam. But we intend to "house" them in military barracks on military posts? Only total a total fuggin idiot or deliberate traitor would make that call!

Jail obviously.

:cuckoo: You want to turn kids out onto the street?
Are you fucken insane or a pedo?
Don't be stupid I have said no such thing. I don't think any illegal alien should allowed on any American street at any time for any reason. Some of these "kids" are active and experienced gang bangers as old and fit as US soldiers who died in Vietnam. But we intend to "house" them in military barracks on military posts? Only total a total fuggin idiot or deliberate traitor would make that call!

Either you or I answered the wrong post.

It is important to find housing for homeless vets. I wonder why no one was concerned about that in the last four years................

You are correct, not all are drug addicts, nor are all mentally ill.....but a LOT are. Do you have some solutions for us?

homeless being housed is voluntary .....but the option should be open for homeless vets to be housed in empty barracks ... as for drug abuse problems ..... thats not the point of the thread ...the point is why are vets taking second seat to illegals when it comes to housing ... i've read your leftist posts before ... and know you will take every opportunity to defend the chicom ally in the WH ! are you saying there are no ms13 gang members or young criminals coming over ? you seem to want to paint all homeless vets as drug addicts but you go absolutely batshit when its pointed out that some of the people coming over are criminals ? you and your side scream racism at the top of your lungs ! so i will give you the same treatment ....why are you calling all homeless vets drug addicts ? are you a communist ? do you hate veterans ?

You are correct, not all are drug addicts, nor are all mentally ill.....but a LOT are. Do you have some solutions for us?
the thread isnt about drug addiction commie .

Illegal drug use is illegal as is public drunkenness. Citizens who aren't breaking the law can't be sent to jail or anywhere else unless they are in the military. Illegal aliens are also in violation of the law, could always send them to jail instead of law abiding veterans.
A minor can't be arrested because adults had them break the law.

Forum List

Back