Push comes to shove, will U. S. military back Wall Street, POTUS, or American voters?

If push comes to shove, all service-members should follow the Oaths they took when they entered the military.

Your argument makes sense, but as has been pointed out there is a point where you have to think for yourself. If you were given an order, probably by some President Herman Cain type, would you shoot into a crowd of unarmed demonstrating civilians like OWS?

6278104308_5a35b1b25c.jpg

Last edited:
Why is it you don't understand...... The Military will support the constitution.

We don't fire live bullets into crowds these days. We have water cannons, bean bag rounds, rubber bullets, CS, and of course the new heat ray. We can break up a crowd without using deadly force............

Why is it you don't understand...... The Military will support the constitution.

We don't fire live bullets into crowds these days. We have water cannons, bean bag rounds, rubber bullets, CS, and of course the new heat ray. We can break up a crowd without using deadly force............

Slow down SFC Ollie, no one is disagreeing with you. According to Google, this is the only passage in the U. S. Constitution that relates to the Commander in Chief.

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

Now I am no Constitutional expert, but what this seems to be saying is that the military will do whatever POTUS says. So, all I am trying to do is take this to the next level, this is not a trick question.

I believe in what you say, " We don't fire live bullets into crowds these days......" Let's say a president.......oh......Rick Perry, President Rick Perry orders you to disburse those crowds by "discharging your weapon into an unarmed crowd?" Would you do it? This goes to the crux of this thread.

I know we politic on different sides of the aisle, but you know I respect your opinion. I have got to tell you, Rick Perry in the White House scares me. I think Perry is a lose cannon ready to go off. Perry recklessly called the head of the Federal Reserve a traitor. Even the Republican Party pulled back. Rick Perry attacks Ben Bernanke's 'treasonous' Federal Reserve strategy | World news | guardian.co.uk

If Perry told you take soldiers and kill the head of the Federal Reserve, would you do it? Seriously, if the head of the Federal Reserve WAS IN FACT a traitor beyond the shadow of a doubt, it could be the thing to do, and the sooner the better. What if the head of the Federal Reserve was working for a foreign power to manipulate financial markets? I do not think this is too far fetched to consider. Where is the line drawn, or is it a very thick, hazy gray line?

I am not baiting you, I do not want to piss you off. I want to know what you think. Maybe I am being too pushy and we should close this thread simply because there is no clear cut answer. Every situation has its own merits.

The reason I am interested is this. In 1789 French solders were told to fire into unarmed citizens who were starving. The soldiers turned on the Bastille and fired supporting the people. I am not trying to corner you personally here, if it is simply one of those fuzzy areas in life, so be it. I suppose many circumstances could effect a soldier's decision to discharge their weapon. Obviously, not being a veteran, I do not know. I have never experienced such circumstances in real life. For me this is an intellectual question, and I just thought you might want to comment.

prise_de_la_bastille.jpg

Bastille, 1789, Paris, France.​

Last edited:
I don't remember the last time a President commanded troops to do anything. If there ever was a time.........

Perhaps I am under a mis-impression, but I thought the Joint Chiefs or their staff worked with the White House on military decisions on a daily basis?

chiefs.jpeg

President Obama and the Joint Chiefs of Staff.​

Last edited:
The president has command control over the military. He issues commands in coordination with SOD to generals and admirals. Dick Cheney had the authority, given to him by GWB, to authorize the shooting down of civilian airliners.

If push comes to shove, all service-members should follow the Oaths they took when they entered the military.

Your argument makes sense, but as has been pointed out there is a point where you have to think for yourself. If you were given an order, probably by some President Herman Cain type, would you shoot into a crowd of unarmed demonstrating civilians like OWS?

6278104308_5a35b1b25c.jpg

What part of "NO!" do you have a problem understanding?

What part of "NO!" do you have a problem understanding?

What part of reading the facts and thinking for yourself do you not understand?

Give me some facts/links, a declarative "no" from an anonymous poster on an internet message board does not qualify as an adequate response to this thread.

justthelogo.gif

Last edited:
Time to close this thread, it has served it's purpose. Conservatives are afraid of the truth, and can not address it. OWS will take this as a win.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHJaR2tKyUE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHJaR2tKyUE[/ame]

Last edited:
Believe what ever you want............... It's your own little world I hope you're happy in it.

Yes it is my own little world, and come October 31, 2011 there will be an even seven billion people where I live on planet earth. I am a very concerned individual about many things, but a walk on the California beach makes everything work for my wife and I.

devils-beach.jpg

This is what America is about to me, and it must be protected.
As a member of the Surfrider Foundation we call this "ocean view" politics.
Our terms are non-negotiable.​

Last edited:
Si Modo, look up the term before blabbing. You are a genius, Preius.

Last edited:
They currently swear an oath of allegiance to the Constitution of the United States, n'est ce pas?
Hitler succeeded in having the German Army swear an oath of personal allegiance to him rather than to the German State, as was the immediate prior custom, in 1937, four years after Hitler suceeded in gaining office. Most historians concur that moment was the tipping point, the point of no return, after which WWII, the Holocaust and the deaths of fifty million people worldwide could no longer be prevented or avoided.
Friends of Barack Obama have already proposed suspending national elections and the Freedom of Information Laws, allowing the Government to decide what it wishes to tell the people, after only thirty three months in office, fifteen months faster than Hitler's pace.

Last edited:
We've had a large number of reshufflings at the top of the United States current military hierarchy, to date, during the Obama Administration. Most notable was the supposedly lateral transfer of General David Petraeus, looked upon as the most able American Field Commander, to head the CIA.
CIA Heads come and go almost in a revolving door fashion, ie Porter Goss, General Sterling Hayden etc. Being head of CIA could almost be looked upon as the last step before political obscurity.
It calls to mind the many shufflings and reshufflings of the Generals and the Generals that were Chiefs of The German General Staff.
The most remarkable took place shortly after Hitler took office in 1933. Party members and officials rounded up several witnesses that were willing to testify that they had seen this particular General, Chief of The German Staff, busily bent over young men and boys in the process of amusing himself in various Berlin back alleyways and deserted places. The General, after being called in to listen to the witnesses testimony, handed his resignation to Hitler. After the General had left the room, the witnesses were taken out to an adjacent courtyard and shot. The next incident came when another General, after being promoted to head of the German General Staff, shed his rather dowdy wife and took up company with a much more ravishing female. Shortly after Hitler attended this General's rather conspicuous wedding to the more comely female, Party officials discovered some old advertisements in some publications where a strikingly similar female posed advertising her physical wares in Berlin's nightlife. Outraged and embarrased, Hitler demanded and received this General's resignation as Head of the German General Staff as well.
Has, or is, Barack Obama selecting a coterie of top military officers that are willing to do his bidding rather than honor their oaths of allegiance to the US Constitution, similar to what happened in Germany? Remember, Germany was the best educated, most sophisticated, most culturally advanced nation on the continent of Europe in 1933, so the argument, it can't happen here, doesn't hold water. All it took was one extremely evil, devious and cunning man with a group of devoted followers. Same conditions that exist today with Barack Hussein Oabama.

Believe what ever you want............... It's your own little world I hope you're happy in it.

Yes it is my own little world, and come October 31, 2011 there will be an even seven billion people where I live on planet earth. I am a very concerned individual about many things, but a walk on the California beach makes everything work for my wife and I.

devils-beach.jpg

This is what America is about to me, and it must be protected.
As a member of the Surfrider Foundation we call this "ocean view" politics.
Our terms are non-negotiable.​
Take a photo in that spot in about 2 1/2 years when the 20 million tons of toxic Fuckashemale, Japan rolls in.
These guys will be here to defend your right to protest.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4To4vk3hlE]G 20 Military police attack and assaulting civilians in Amarica - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back