Punishing businesses that refuse to advertise to LBGTQ

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2016
This is the next step in punishing decent people for exercising decency.

This is going a bit too far. Emilee Carpenter should easily win.

As a wedding photographer, Emilee Carpenter serves all clients. She does not refuse any same sex weddings. To the state this isn't good enough. They want her to specifically market her services to same sex couples. There are only heterosexual couples depicted on her website and blog. The state wants her closed down.

As a wedding photographer, Emilee Carpenter serves all clients. She does not refuse any same sex weddings. To the state this isn't good enough. They want her to specifically market her services to same sex couples. There are only heterosexual couples depicted on her website and blog. The state wants her closed down.

I think that the state will eventually win.

For example, some dating websites catered only to straight people. They were urged to accept gay people, too, and did so. I do NOT know whether their websites were also "urged" to show gay couples. I also assume that their websites were "strongly" urged to show photos of ALL ethnicities in their straight section.

This country is a-changing. No one can stop it.

So we can expect more "disagreements" between people who want a service and those businesses that feel they should be allowed to observe their religious beliefs. The former will no doubt win the argument.

Some left loon will be along shortly to scream it's her private business and she can do as she pleases.....you know like Fakebook and Twitter

Last edited:

All she has to do is say that some of the photos are of individuals who identify as whatever people think she didn't photograph and it's their prejudices that don't let them see it.

For example, some dating websites catered only to straight people. They were urged to accept gay people, too, and did so. I do NOT know whether their websites were also "urged" to show gay couples. I also assume that their websites were "strongly" urged to show photos of ALL ethnicities in their straight section.

So we can expect more "disagreements" between people who want a service and those businesses that feel they should be allowed to observe their religious beliefs. The former will no doubt win the argument.
Dream on, little broomstick cowboy. The state can not force you to advertise in any specific way unless you are taking some benefit from the state. Eg. Any advertisement that markets specifically to a particular ethnicity or gender. Clean your stomach window, you can't see the forest for the trees.

Changing? Its becoming more and more immoral--the powers that be do not and will not allow anyone to have a set of personal morals----------this is a communist cult tactic. They have to destroy their intended victims sense of morals making them easier to brainwash and control.

The state will lose as they cannot control messaging. An artist cannot be compelled to create only what the state deems acceptable. Carpenter has a first amendment right to refuse to speak.

The judge in the Elaine Photography case in New Mexico held that Elaine HAD to photograph same sex events. She could also advertise a disclaimer that she personally objected to such events.

You are arguing the wrong issue. Carpenter already provides the service. She has not used her religion to refuse the service. She is refusing to advertise to same sex couples. The state in this case is compelling speech and asserting that there is no right to refuse state compelled speech.

The state can only lose.

You are arguing the wrong issue. Carpenter already provides the service. She has not used her religion to refuse the service. She is refusing to advertise to same sex couples. The state in this case is compelling speech and asserting that there is no right to refuse state compelled speech.

The state can only lose.
Any photographer only showcases their best work. If she feels she has no marketable photos of same sex weddings, she, logically, would not use them in her advertising. It is a free speech issue and NY is destined to fail, wasting more taxpayer money on frivolous cases.

This is what comes of the entitled mentality.

Any photographer only showcases their best work. If she feels she has no marketable photos of same sex weddings, she, logically, would not use them in her advertising. It is a free speech issue and NY is destined to fail, wasting more taxpayer money on frivolous cases.
I second this, but of course this will only make the big question then become this one: Who gets to decide on what is the best work, whoever produces the item(s) in question, or everyone else? In other words, who's opinion matters more at the end of the day?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I second this, but of course this will only make the big question then become this one: Who gets to decide on what is the best work, whoever produces the item(s) in question, or everyone else? In other words, who's opinion matters more at the end of the day?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Ultimately the customer decides and the proprietor of a business is the one who decides what is most effective at attracting the customer base that he is trying reach.

Expect a new Xiden diktat to require all businesses large and small advertise with PBS. Except they'll still be required to lie and call it a "voluntary donation". No pressure; just an extensive IRS investigation into all advertising expenses to ensure that the ultra-left is getting its "fair share".

^^^ Exactly. The big question then is how much of a support system can the same gender couple community have the ability to acquire?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
They have the same recourse as the original photographer had. GO OUT, START YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVE THE POPULACE THAT YOU DESIRE. If that populace is lucrative then your business will thrive, if not.... The photographer has the right to serve whoever she so desires.

Changing? Its becoming more and more immoral--the powers that be do not and will not allow anyone to have a set of personal morals----------this is a communist cult tactic. They have to destroy their intended victims sense of morals making them easier to brainwash and control.

The fear is certainly working on some.

Forum List

Back