Public Schools, and Economics

Ice29

Mar 11, 2016
I filed an Injunction here in Arkansas, it is still being processed.

And I filed a Complaint with the United States Department of Education, the United States Department of Health and Human Services, and they are cracking down on Asa Hutchinson as I speak and I got a thank you letter in the mail from both of them.

The new Governor of Arkansas, Asa Hutchinson had the idea that he wants to teach Computer Sciences, and Coding in public schools...
(two different adult job skills).

And he wants to have the kids taught economics.

Well my complaint was that the State of Arkansas ranks 3rd WORST in the Nation for Education, the Public school students are not qualified to learn any of the scientific disciplines that make up "Computer Science".

And Computer Science is a very poorly defined term, as many, many different scientific disciplines are used to create Computers.
Coding is Computer Programming, and the Public School Students are not qualified to learn it because of how poorly educated that they have been, in the state of Arkansas.

And even if they were educated enough to study any one of those scientific fields, or Computer Programming, Public Schools are not Colleges, or Trade Schools.
It takes away time that is better used to learn the basics in academic life.

As for Economics.
Economics is tied to Politics, and Politics is tied to Economics.
You cannot talk about the field Economics, in an Educational, meaningful way and have a dialogue on the subject without talking Politics.

Whose Economics and Politics does Asa Hutchinson want the kids to learn ?

Milton Friedman and Mao Zedong were both Economists.
So Whose economics ? Whose politics ?

Whose kids are we raising communally without the parent's permission ?

It is best, if Politics and Economics is left out of Public Schools too.

In today's world there is nothing wrong with teaching both...if they are taught correctly

Ironically, your post is proof of exactly why I am against public schools completely.

You admit openly that your school system sucks. Yet here's a person trying to make a change, and before it is even attempted, you are trying to politicize and destroy it.

This right here, is EXACTLY why the private schools consistently and routinely blow away public schools in education. They are not filling injunctions. They are not debating on forums. They simply do what they think is best, and you as the parent can take your kids out and put them in another school if you don't like it.

And shockingly..... they do better ALL THE TIME, without this political babbling and debating.

I can't wait to have government run health care, and we'll be screaming over every issue at the hospital, instead of them simply doing what is best for patients.

This thread is a warning against buying real next to high voltage power lines.

Ironically, your post is proof of exactly why I am against public schools completely.

You admit openly that your school system sucks. Yet here's a person trying to make a change, and before it is even attempted, you are trying to politicize and destroy it.

This right here, is EXACTLY why the private schools consistently and routinely blow away public schools in education. They are not filling injunctions. They are not debating on forums. They simply do what they think is best, and you as the parent can take your kids out and put them in another school if you don't like it.

And shockingly..... they do better ALL THE TIME, without this political babbling and debating.

I can't wait to have government run health care, and we'll be screaming over every issue at the hospital, instead of them simply doing what is best for patients.

It does suck, and that is exactly why things will not get any better, until testing standards are heightened, and the qualification standards for teachers are heightened, and the school students have more access to Math, Science, English, Geography, Human Geography, American History, World History, Civics, Art, Home Economics, Woodshop, Mechanics, Gym, Music and real Sex and Reproductive Education and Social skills as opposed to religion.
:)

Last edited:

It does suck, and that is exactly why things will not get any better, until testing standards are heightened, and the qualification standards for teachers are heightened, and the school students have more access to Math, Science, English, Geography, Human Geography, American History, World History, Civics, Art, Home Economics, Woodshop, Mechanics, Gym, Music and real Sex and Reproductive Education and Social skills as opposed to religion.
:)

I don't think so. We've tried that. In fact, we've tried pretty much all of that. What's ironic is that other school systems elsewhere have literally half the qualification standards that our teachers do, and they end up with much better results. Have we not taught "real sex" and reproductive education? Didn't help much did it?

When you compare the US to education around the world, we have the 5th highest paid teachers in the world today. Yet, we're 28th in science and math. We are way way behind other countries whose school systems are staffed by people with lower qualifications, that earn a fraction of what our teachers earn. Vietnam is 12th! Estonia is 7th! Places where they earn a fraction of what our teachers do.

The problem isn't qualifications. I'm convinced the problem is quite simply, that due to all the minorities demands, and people demanding sports, and all this other BS... they simply can't focus on the fundamentals. The problem is, you are simply demanding teachers teach too much. You realize that in Finland, the average teacher only spends 4 hours in the class room, and children don't even start public education until age 7? So they are beating the snot out of us academically, while teaching less, and starting later....? There is no way we could do that here, with the work load teachers are expected to teach.

And of course, when you think about it...it's pretty obvious. At least to me it is. When you try and teach 100 different things... you end up teaching nothing very well. Finland figured out the obvious, that if you teach the primary things only, and focus only on those primary things, you end up teaching those things very well.

So you teach your students the basics, math, reading, and writing, and the sciences, and shockingly they are good a math reading and writing, and the sciences.

Finland also tends to leave the teaching of morality to the church, and the church teaches those things. Thus they learn their civic duties from the church.

At the same time, Finland ditches troublesome students really quick. And I mean very quick. Children that cause problems are removed, and not brought back. Some end up in "special education" class system. If you have a medical condition, or if you can't follow the class, or if you simply are badly behaving, they boot you out, and quick. You end up in special education classes, with other slow, or handicapped, or misbehaved people... and it's not a temp thing either. You are there forever.

It's the exact opposite of the "no child left behind" mantra here. They aim to leave you behind. They figured out, that if you keep rotten apples in the bunch, the bunch spoils. So they weed out the rotten apples right quick.

Now you are not doomed, but you get to spend extra time in class, and they still focus exclusively on the basics And then, they don't recommend people go to higher education like we do. They don't waste a students 12th grade year getting them "ready for college' when they would never survive college. They teach them to learn a skill, learn a trade, start mowing lawns, and doing pipe fitting.

I'm convinced that most people are not cut out for college, which is exactly why we have such a massive failure rate. It's not the money that drives people out of college. It's the fact they were never cut out for college to begin with.

Finland stopped pushing their students off to fail in higher education.

So no, I would disagree with most everything you said there. I think we have done exactly what you said, and that's why our system is failing.

Forum List

Back