Pubic Hair

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Well I don't know where to put this question, so I've chosen General Discussion.

Why do people shave off pubic hair? This isn't normal behaviour I don't think. The women look weird enough, but the men look weirder, it's a completely unsexy thing to do.

I know it might seem that I think about sex things and body parts like every 10 minutes....however, you'd be wrong....I think about sex things and body parts every 5 minutes :smoke:

:popcorn:

Well I don't know where to put this question, so I've chosen General Discussion.

Why do people shave off pubic hair? This isn't normal behaviour I don't think. The women look weird enough, but the men look weirder, it's a completely unsexy thing to do.

I know it might seem that I think about sex things and body parts like every 10 minutes....however, you'd be wrong....I think about sex things and body parts every 5 minutes :smoke:

If your pubic hair is long enough for a midget to scale you, it needs trimmed.

• Banned

:lol:

I'm okay with trimming the stuff when it gets long....but shaving it ALL off so people look like children in lower regions, to me this is freaky and not normal.

I'm okay with trimming the stuff when it gets long....but shaving it ALL off so people look like children in lower regions, to me this is freaky and not normal.
Some people need to shave to get rid of crab lice.

Its a terrible look on men and unnecessary on women.

It's not at though genitals actually look that good.

There are hundreds of things i think are insane that people do.

Whatever floats their individual boats. Honestly, whatever my wife thinks is best, is fine with me. As long as she doesn't do something that grosses me out completely... like tats or piercings. You want to be a Pirates of the Caribbean Island people reject, ok... but not with me.

Pretty embarrassing when someone is picking hairs out of their mouth during oral sex. Shaving/trimming your nether regions has nothing to do with "looking like children in lower regions". It is a personal preference.

• Banned
Pretty embarrassing when someone is picking hairs out of their mouth during oral sex. Shaving/trimming your nether regions has nothing to do with "looking like children in lower regions". It is a personal preference.

Hmmmm :popcorn:

8-women-share-the-most-offensive-remarks-guys-have-made-about-their-pubic-hair-ss2.jpg

• Banned

Some people need to shave to get rid of crab lice.

You beast, my breakfast was due :crybaby::itsok:

I must be careful what pictures I post, I already without thinking posted a naked picture in another thread :eusa_doh:

I also must get my Persian darling Dani to post in this thread, but warn him NOT to post any naked pictures.

Just think of it as unscheduled flossing.

Some people today might think hairless lower regions are sexy but apparently our ancestors thought the more the merrier, the bushier the better, a plush, hairy genital region was a major turn-on.

Why humans alone have pubic hair
15:15 27 February 2009
Being Human
Andy Coghlan, reporter

Robin Weiss, a virologist at University College London, had an intimate revelation in the shower recently.

Public hair, he decided, developed as a sexual ornament. It became bushy and prominent after our ancestors split from non-human primates, he says, when we lost most of our other body hair. As it disappeared, human pubic hair acquired a new role as a prominent sexual ornament, a visual signal of sexual maturity and possibly a reservoir for sexual pheromones.

The bushier and coarser it became, according to Weiss's theory, the more attractive you were.His theory, published in the Journal of Biology (DOI: 10.1186/jbiol114) is not backed by new scientific data but is essentially a new interpretation of results published in 2007, on how the"crab" lice that infect pubic hair in humans are related to those that now live on the fur of gorillas.

Our ancestors and those of gorillas went their separate evolutionary ways at least 7 million years ago. But the lice that infect gorillas and modern humans didn't become different species until much later - around 3.3 million years ago, as revealed through research in 2007 by David Reed of the University of Florida Natural History Museum in Gainesville.

So why didn't the lice become different species 7 million years ago, when we and gorillas followed separate evolutionary paths?

Reed's investigations of lice DNA led him to conclude that the ancestors of lice which now live on gorillas (Pthirus gorillae) originally died out in our own ancestors. But the gorilla lice crossed back into the human lineage about 3.3 million years ago, then evolved into today's pubic lice (Pthirus pubis).

Reed argued that the lice returned to us through physical contact, perhaps when human ancestors slept in vacated gorilla nests or came into contact with the gorilla lice while handling gorilla meat.

Weiss agrees, but thinks we re-acquired the pubic lice because our pubic region had been evolving, starting off as smooth vestigial fur but eventually becoming coarse and bushy enough for the gorilla lice to grip on to. Essentially, the coarser hair gave the gorilla lice a reason to return to the human lineage. Weiss thinks this happened after we lost most of our other body hair, and that the bushiness and coarseness evolved as an advertisement of sexual maturity in our otherwise naked forbears.

To back up his case Weiss visited zoos to peer at the groins of our closest relatives. He noticed that in other great apes, hair in the pubic region was if anything much finer and shorter than elsewhere on the body - the opposite of the human situation. It supported his argument that human pubic hair is different and probably unique, both in its evolution and in its physical appearance and purpose.

Weiss admits that the theory is pure speculation. However, the good news, he says, is that the days of crabs may themselves be numbered because of an increasing fashion for shaving off pubic hair.

"Thus there may be a health benefit to this emerging sexual lifestyle," he writes.

Some people today might think hairless lower regions are sexy but apparently our ancestors thought the more the merrier, the bushier the better, a plush, hairy genital region was a major turn-on.

Being Human
Andy Coghlan, reporter

Robin Weiss, a virologist at University College London, had an intimate revelation in the shower recently.

Public hair, he decided, developed as a sexual ornament. It became bushy and prominent after our ancestors split from non-human primates, he says, when we lost most of our other body hair. As it disappeared, human pubic hair acquired a new role as a prominent sexual ornament, a visual signal of sexual maturity and possibly a reservoir for sexual pheromones.

The bushier and coarser it became, according to Weiss's theory, the more attractive you were.His theory, published in the Journal of Biology (DOI: 10.1186/jbiol114) is not backed by new scientific data but is essentially a new interpretation of results published in 2007, on how the"crab" lice that infect pubic hair in humans are related to those that now live on the fur of gorillas.

Our ancestors and those of gorillas went their separate evolutionary ways at least 7 million years ago. But the lice that infect gorillas and modern humans didn't become different species until much later - around 3.3 million years ago, as revealed through research in 2007 by David Reed of the University of Florida Natural History Museum in Gainesville.

So why didn't the lice become different species 7 million years ago, when we and gorillas followed separate evolutionary paths?

Reed's investigations of lice DNA led him to conclude that the ancestors of lice which now live on gorillas (Pthirus gorillae) originally died out in our own ancestors. But the gorilla lice crossed back into the human lineage about 3.3 million years ago, then evolved into today's pubic lice (Pthirus pubis).

Reed argued that the lice returned to us through physical contact, perhaps when human ancestors slept in vacated gorilla nests or came into contact with the gorilla lice while handling gorilla meat.

Weiss agrees, but thinks we re-acquired the pubic lice because our pubic region had been evolving, starting off as smooth vestigial fur but eventually becoming coarse and bushy enough for the gorilla lice to grip on to. Essentially, the coarser hair gave the gorilla lice a reason to return to the human lineage. Weiss thinks this happened after we lost most of our other body hair, and that the bushiness and coarseness evolved as an advertisement of sexual maturity in our otherwise naked forbears.

To back up his case Weiss visited zoos to peer at the groins of our closest relatives. He noticed that in other great apes, hair in the pubic region was if anything much finer and shorter than elsewhere on the body - the opposite of the human situation. It supported his argument that human pubic hair is different and probably unique, both in its evolution and in its physical appearance and purpose.

Weiss admits that the theory is pure speculation. However, the good news, he says, is that the days of crabs may themselves be numbered because of an increasing fashion for shaving off pubic hair.

"Thus there may be a health benefit to this emerging sexual lifestyle," he writes.

"Some people today might think hairless lower regions are sexy but apparently our ancestors thought the more the merrier, the bushier the better, a plush, hairy genital region was a major turn-on."

I'm with our ancestors on this issue.

Also I've never had crabs and I've never had situation with anyone who has crabs.

WHO are these people with the crabs?

I should add the whole issue of men shaving body hair is abnormal and the crabs thing, well no crabs in chest and stomach and legs and arms....so why the shaving?

It's obviously Militant Feminist anti-man agenda, to make men Metrosexual, to de-masculine them into semi-female looking and being smooth skinned like little boys.

Mr. Lucy is lovely and furry and he'd never think of being waxed, and this is how I like it also.

I very much prefer pubic hair over shaved crotch. Both because I enjoy the "pelt" and because razor stubble hurts!

i think men who like the shaved look....are sad....why do you want your sexual partner to look like a boy or a young girl? now you have anal bleaching....where does it stop

Being Human
Andy Coghlan, reporter

"Some people today might think hairless lower regions are sexy but apparently our ancestors thought the more the merrier, the bushier the better, a plush, hairy genital region was a major turn-on."

I'm with our ancestors on this issue.

Also I've never had crabs and I've never had situation with anyone who has crabs.

WHO are these people with the crabs?

I should add the whole issue of men shaving body hair is abnormal and the crabs thing, well no crabs in chest and stomach and legs and arms....so why the shaving?

It's obviously Militant Feminist anti-man agenda, to make men Metrosexual, to de-masculine them into semi-female looking and being smooth skinned like little boys.

Mr. Lucy is lovely and furry and he'd never think of being waxed, and this is how I like it also.
So, my conclusion was right on the money!

Forum List

Back