CDZ Psychology Speaking

Did the government get it about right?

No....Their "bipartisan commission" was a brazen and obvious cover-up.

i'll ask the question again: what do you expect that people will think and do when you're blatantly lying to them?
As I just said, innuendoes are of no help. If you think there was a brazen cover-up then don't be afraid to be specific.

One person's conspiracy theory could be another person's truth! Religious beliefs can serve as an example for that. Neither side should be ashamed of stating their heartfelt beliefs.

Fwiw, I consider religions to be supernatural claptrap nonsense and I think this thread could include the question in the conversation by asking the believers why they believe. IMO it is covered by the doctor in her analysis of conspiracy theories quite thoroughly.

What do you think? Are you going to contribute to this discussion or should I just ask you to leave so others can?

i'll ask the question again: what do you expect that people will think and do when you're blatantly lying to them?
As I just said, innuendoes are of no help. If you think there was a brazen cover-up then don't be afraid to be specific.

One person's conspiracy theory could be another person's truth! Religious beliefs can serve as an example for that. Neither side should be ashamed of stating their heartfelt beliefs.

Fwiw, I consider religions to be supernatural claptrap nonsense and I think this thread could include the question in the conversation by asking the believers why they believe. IMO it is covered by the doctor in her analysis of conspiracy theories quite thoroughly.

What do you think? Are you going to contribute to this discussion or should I just ask you to leave so others can?
If portions of the evidence are under seal to the general public, which much of the 9/11™ commission is, that's a fucking coverup.....No innuendos, it's right in your grill, and you're too obtuse, obstinate, or willingly blind to see it.

Nobody needs to engage in arguments over melted steel beams, a pilot who couldn't even control ...............

This is an example of a 'conspiracy theory that is so easily exposed that it shouldn't be ignored. They don't get any more obvious than that one and so we can just dispense with all the other nonsense you present because that one says it all!

The steel beams didn't melt. Nearly all secondary school students in Canada, and presumably in America too, understand what happens to steel when it approaches the relatively low temperature needed to turn it 'cherry' red.

If you don't then think of holding a cooked spaghetti noodle by it's end.

There isn't time to explain all the obvious, but your example of why you believe in some of the 911 conspiracy theory was so suitable for making the point on why some believe the ridiculous.

We should be safe in just being able to eliminate that which is so obviously uninformed nonsense.

Last edited:
Nobody needs to engage in arguments over melted steel beams, a pilot who couldn't even control ...............

This is an example of a 'conspiracy theory that is so easily exposed that it shouldn't be ignored. They don't get any more obvious than that one and so we can just dispense with all the other nonsense you present because that one says it all!

The steel beams didn't melt. Nearly all secondary school students in Canada, and presumably in America too, understand what happens to steel when it approaches the relatively low temperature needed to turn it 'cherry' red.

If you don't then think of holding a cooked spaghetti noodle by it's end.

There isn't time to either explain all the obvious, but your example of why you believe in some of the 911 conspiracy theory was so suitable for making the point on why some believe the ridiculous.

We should be safe in just being able to eliminate that which is so obviously uninformed nonsense.

Irrelevant deflection.

I was only citing some of the arguments being used, not invoking them myself.

Couldn't refute the fact that the 9/11™ commission was a whitewash and a window dressing sham, so you tried to move the goalposts.

FAIL.

Irrelevant deflection.

I was only citing some of the arguments being used, not invoking them myself.

Couldn't refute the fact that the 9/11™ commission was a whitewash and a window dressing sham, so you tried to move the goalposts.

FAIL.

Please just avoid the personal insults and stick to the discussion of this thread.

Your explanation you've used to escape having to own the comment on the 'melted steel' is not something on which I'll continue to take you to task.

I accept it as your excuse and maybe others will too.

If you have anything specific on your claim of a 'whitewash' then you have the opportunity of presenting it here.

Everybody does it at some point in time. Here are some good answers as to why, and also some answers on why people feel the need to promote and believe in conspiracy theories.

And much more!

Nobody wants to appear guilty of promoting conspiracy theories and so they invariably believe their personal conspiracy theories are the true account.

Can a few answers, as are contained in this piece serve to dissaude some from promoting the own conspiracy theories?

note to moderator: I was just about to post the personal content. Sorry for the delay,
Pretty interesting stuff, particularly the part about how the internet may not be a driving force. I assumed that the internet would have been at the top of the list. Perhaps the internet, rather than driving conspiracy theories, keeps them organized for people and makes them more vivid and (somehow) more believable.

Clearly, people who fall into conspiracy theories are filling some kind of psychological and/or emotional need. She talks about how both narcissism and a feeling of powerlessness (a pretty interesting combination) both play a role. Maybe those two qualities combine to create this profound paranoia that's also a part of it.

A pronounced lack of critical thinking has to be a part of this, as well. These people clearly don't intellectually challenge these ideas; they just buy into them, and off they go. That would make sense, since so many have been conditioned to believe what they're told, particularly that which makes them more paranoid.
Thank you for your intelligent reply. You've obviously read or listened to her and understood.

Where do you think this will take the board's members now that they understand somewhat? Will some now attempt to turn their conspiracy theories into a reality for themselves or will some stop and consider. I'm afraid it will be more the former.

No doubt the internet is doing what you suggest on making conspiracy theories more believable.
Theorists put some very far out ideas and claim lofty credentials to go with their theories. This should make people aware that credentials should be suspect before they're accepted. Some chemical or mechanical engineers are still bringing building 7 down with explosives!
Well, I don't expect anything to change any time soon. A constant I see with conspiracy theorists is that they tend to be very defensive of their beliefs, very tribal. So pointing out the madness or silliness of those beliefs will only make them entrench themselves more passionately, because now they're being "persecuted" for those beliefs. Criticize them, and they attack. Okay.

After watching the last five years pretty carefully, I've come to the conclusion that (a) those who push these beliefs are not going to change their tactics, and (b) the only thing that can pull people out of this stuff is time. So my guess & hope is that, over time, enough will eventually peel away from the more political stuff so that what remains can go back to where it belongs: The fringe.

If portions of the evidence are under seal to the general public, which much of the 9/11™ commission is, that's a fucking coverup.....No innuendos, it's right in your grill, and you're too obtuse, obstinate, or willingly blind to see it.
I want someone to explain where anyone would run detonator wires for explosives while the buildings were occupied? Can you?

I want someone to explain where anyone would run detonator wires for explosives while the buildings were occupied? Can you?
I'm not making that argument.

There's way more than enough shady shit that the gubmint did and didn't do to hang on them, that all the other crap is a sideshow.....All the evidence that we need for that is the sheer volume of things that they're hiding under seal, and the things like the military Able Danger group that they ignored entirely.

Again we circle back to the question: When weu're so obviously being lied to, what can anyone expect people to do?

There's way more than enough shady shit that the gubmint did and didn't do to hang on them, that all the other crap is a sideshow.....

And now the link I poster in the OP tells us why your type believe in conspiracy theories so much. You'll have to find somebody else who will listen to your anger. I'm not interested.

I'm not making that argument.

There's way more than enough shady shit that the gubmint did and didn't do to hang on them, that all the other crap is a sideshow.....All the evidence that we need for that is the sheer volume of things that they're hiding under seal, and the things like the military Able Danger group that they ignored entirely.

Again we circle back to the question: When weu're so obviously being lied to, what can anyone expect people to do?
What are they hiding in your mind?

Well, I don't expect anything to change any time soon. A constant I see with conspiracy theorists is that they tend to be very defensive of their beliefs, very tribal. So pointing out the madness or silliness of those beliefs will only make them entrench themselves more passionately, because now they're being "persecuted" for those beliefs. Criticize them, and they attack. Okay.

After watching the last five years pretty carefully, I've come to the conclusion that (a) those who push these beliefs are not going to change their tactics, and (b) the only thing that can pull people out of this stuff is time. So my guess & hope is that, over time, enough will eventually peel away from the more political stuff so that what remains can go back to where it belongs: The fringe.

Actually I think that this thread and the link in the OP has already embarrassed some of them enough so that they've pulled in their horns already.

Except for one nutbar who's obviously started frothing at the mouth in anger!

Let this serve as an invitation to any of the others who think they can get away with presenting conspiracy theories they know perfectly well are just bullsh-t.

And then maybe when that crap quiets down a bit, we can get back to a discussion.?

Everybody does it at some point in time. Here are some good answers as to why, and also some answers on why people feel the need to promote and believe in conspiracy theories.

And much more!

Nobody wants to appear guilty of promoting conspiracy theories and so they invariably believe their personal conspiracy theories are the true account.

Can a few answers, as are contained in this piece serve to dissaude some from promoting the own conspiracy theories?

note to moderator: I was just about to post the personal content. Sorry for the delay,
Isn't thinking that many things that opposes your view or needs or you've been kept from hearing, or misread, must be a conspiracy, is conspiracy thinking in unto itself?
Your message doesn't make any sense. If you can ask a proper question I'll try to answer. Better still you just read the link thoroughly and understand it.
You answered my question, when you said you didn't understand it (aka misreading it).
It must be a conspiracy to confuse you. ;-)
The Topic is conspiracy and Psychology of why people project them.
So ask yourself what does the first chapter of every collegiate book start with-deflection and displacement behavior.
RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA conspiracy hoax wasn't even a sentence that elected a president who can't form a sentence and you displace and deflect your own recognition that this creation of a conspiracy is a problem, but is not psychological as it is intentional strategy. So ask yourself what psychological issues are in needing to fake news, intentionally to gain power so others democratically don't get their way and then blame rivals for things you yourself do? What is that called in Psyche terms?
In Theology we call that evil behavior, in Politics we call this fascism or totalitarianism, but in Psychology what do you call that behavior?
Then address that psychological issue, because that along with TDS made the left pick the 1 single candidate that did every single thing that intentional fake News claimed Trump did, thus electing everything they claimed to hate.
What is that if not insanity?

You can start with your first attempt at a sentence by correcting it so it means something. I don't have the time or the patience for trying to interpret it.
And then if it's important to you, go on to make some sense by correcting the rest.

And much more!

Conspiracy theories are not, of themselves, bad. They are the result of a questioning mind.

But, when they begin controlling your life? Impacting your every waking moment? Forcing you to deny reality in order to accept the theories?

I'll be honest, when that's the case you've just deboarded the express to Looneysville, Dumasfuckia.

And much more!

Isn't thinking that many things that opposes your view or needs or you've been kept from hearing, or misread, must be a conspiracy, is conspiracy thinking in unto itself?
Your message doesn't make any sense. If you can ask a proper question I'll try to answer. Better still you just read the link thoroughly and understand it.
You answered my question, when you said you didn't understand it (aka misreading it).
So ask yourself what does the first chapter of every collegiate book start with-deflection and displacement behavior.
RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA conspiracy hoax wasn't even a sentence that elected a president who can't form a sentence and you displace and deflect your own recognition that this creation of a conspiracy is a problem, but is not psychological as it is intentional strategy. So ask yourself what psychological issues are in needing to fake news, intentionally to gain power so others democratically don't get their way and then blame rivals for things you yourself do? What is that called in Psyche terms?
In Theology we call that evil behavior, in Politics we call this fascism or totalitarianism, but in Psychology what do you call that behavior?
Then address that psychological issue, because that along with TDS made the left pick the 1 single candidate that did every single thing that intentional fake News claimed Trump did, thus electing everything they claimed to hate.
Yeaaaaah....We'll take our coffee over there in the Not Crazy Section.

You can start with your first attempt at a sentence by correcting it so it means something. I don't have the time or the patience for trying to interpret it.
And then if it's important to you, go on to make some sense by correcting the rest.
See you ask for a debate, then you coward when you become the person you want to demean.
In other words you hate your reflection.
That was an ad hominem response that did not refute what was said, in only validated what I was saying.

Everyone should believe everything the government says. They wouldn't lie.

Don’t mind the gun pointing at your head when you say that...

( I know you were kidding but many believe the government ran by a certain political party of their choice is more truthful than the opposition )
The Swamp is very real, and works only to expand its power.

( I know you were kidding but many believe the government ran by a certain political party of their choice is more truthful than the opposition )
They must threaten everyone who will impede their coup

They must threaten everyone who will impede their coup
The only conspiracy theory at play on this subject is the government would never do anything like that.

And much more!

The thread is a passive-aggressive troll.

Forum List

Back