Psychology ––––– hunting

Feral cats can be caught and socialized, I've done it. I have had a couple really good cats I got from a shelter that were feral
I think you're comparing stray cats, to feral ones. Two different types of cats. Strays can be rehabilitated, ferals are just that. Try and domesticate a full grown lion. Have fun with that, but a feral is just like the latter, but in a smaller package

Because in the US and UK its something serial killers do... A LOT.
Peta members become better people for their compassion to animals. That can't be taken away from them by any arguements of logic that says it's not worth trying to save a dying stray dog.

I think you're comparing stray cats, to feral ones. Two different types of cats. Strays can be rehabilitated, ferals are just that. Try and domesticate a full lion. Have fun with that, but a feral is just like the latter, but in a smaller package
No I know what a feral cat is. I adopted cats that were born wild but were socialized

Feral cats aren't small, they can grow to the size of a small to medium size dog. Using a bow is my choice as it is a lot quieter than a firearm. You don't scare them away, plus it's hard to miss at 30-40 meters away at a target the size mentioned earlier. Arrows are reusable.

Uh....feral cats aren't any bigger than a house cat.

People don't save stray dogs, cats, and other animals in need of helping because they are selfish or irrational.

It is because they feel compassion for animals, and that makes them better people.

You feel no compassion. Or at least you're pretending to not!

With the rise of fascism, compassion will die too.
Fascism? Seriously?
Never miss an opportunity, huh? :rolleyes-41:

i'm a pretty good shot with squirrels - i hate them tree rats & have no empathy for them at all.

There are feral boars/pigs, foxes, cats and dogs, predominately. Pigs wreck crops/agriculture and deprive/compete with livestock. Wild dogs kill livestock. Feral cats can kill livestock such as lambs and kill and compete with native animals. So, they aren't the kind of creature you have sitting on your lap or laying at your feet.

Feral means domesticated animals that are wild.

So boars would not be feral, nor would foxes. Cats, dogs are most common as feral animals.

Los Angeles put a bounty on feral cats - let's just say it didn't go over well. Cats are the biggest problem in feral populations due to the damage they do to bird and squirrel populations, but you won't be popular if you start killing cats.

Yes, that's correct. But why did they go wild?
So boars would not be feral, nor would foxes
These pigs were once domesticated pigs. They have bred the domestication out of themselves via many generations of breeding outside of that domestication. Foxes were an introduced species for hunting. The ones that escaped the hunt are the spawn of that generation. When you have these creatures compete and in most cases kill native wildlife which should have priority?

So boars would not be feral, nor would foxes. Cats, dogs are most common as feral animals.

Los Angeles put a bounty on feral cats - let's just say it didn't go over well. Cats are the biggest problem in feral populations due to the damage they do to bird and squirrel populations, but you won't be popular if you start killing cats.

There are feral hogs,and yes some are boar hogs.
Those things do more damage than any other feral animal in the US.

Yes, that's correct. But why did they go wild?

These pigs were once domesticated pigs. They have bred the domestication out of themselves via many generations of breeding outside of that domestication. Foxes were an introduced species for hunting. The ones that escaped the hunt are the spawn of that generation. When you have these creatures compete and in most cases kill native wildlife which should have priority?
Fox is really odd in Virginia.....In some counties there is still a bounty, in most others a year round open season. In the fox hunting counties they will fine the shit out of you for killing one.

Around '76 I was running a convict gun gang on a gravel back road in Fauquier Co., Virginia (horse country) and I saw this flat bed PU headed my way.....It would stop a spell and the guy would grab a couple of chickens and go into the woods and come back empty handed.....Rinse and repeat three times.

He got up to where I was and I stopped him and asked what was up with the chickens.....He said he put them out every week or so so the fox would stay around and the swells could hunt them. Rich people....Go figure....But it does show how they influence laws, even game laws.

Why is it acceptable to hunt dear, elk or any other meat game that does nothing to their environment, compared to hunting feral animals that cause wildlife destruction and or destroy livestock production?

One whitetail will feed a family for the better part of a year. One Elk can feed several families for a year. Men (and women) have been sustenance hunting since time began. Your question leads me to believe you've never had to actually go out into the wide, wide world and physically gather food for a family. My guess is, along with most other modern folks, your idea of going out and procuring food involves a grocery store, a fast food joint, or a pizza delivery. That ain't gonna be possible in any fathomable emergency situation.

Forum List

Back