Bow hunting... Has anyone gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've gone with my bro Cameron Haynes (he is a bowhunter who enjoys lifting weights & running trails). he has an indomitable spirit and a tireless will to succeed

bowhunting takes action & discipline

rise & grind baby!

Haynes regularly runs a marathon a day.

it takes 6 months to recover from just ONE marathon.

What has that got to with bow hunting? If you got to run after your game, you must be a shit shot.
i'll tell you about bow hunting alright

the elk have their senses honed to a razor's edge by millions of year of evolution

it requires you to get within 100 yards, undetected, on an animal that avoids mountain lions, bear and wolves for it's entire life, and then under extreme pressure release an arrow into it's heart. the success rate is not very high. Cam Hayes has been successful on every single bowhunt he has been involved in for the last 10 years

i'll tell you about bow hunting alright

the elk have their senses honed to a razor's edge by millions of year of evolution

it requires you to get within 100 yards, undetected, on an animal that avoids mountain lions, bear and wolves for it's entire life, and then under extreme pressure release an arrow into it's heart. the success rate is not very high. Cam Hayes has been successful on every single bowhunt he has been involved in for the last 10 years
Fair enough, but why the running? I've never had to run. I ambush my prey. Work smart, not hard. Hunt smart, not hard. Pigs and feral cats are creatures of habit. They're too easy. But you can come unstuck if you don't hit the pig right. Trees are friends.

Bow hunting... Has anyone gone?​

Yes! And I found the perfect bow!

bd583745-b0b7-4e98-9710-941c8d17bb47-medium16x9_michelematthewinbow.JPG

I started out with a 60# recurve, then graduated to Hoyt 75# compound. Now I have a custom 80# compound. Wild pigs and feral cats are the game of choice.
You hunt cats, as in house cats, with a bow? What, are you a fucking serial killer or something?

You hunt cats, as in house cats, with a bow? What, are you a fucking serial killer or something?
the Dylan Roofs, the Nick Cruzes, the Charles Mansons, the Jeff Dahmers, they all crumble swiftly at my feet!

I gave-up the "sticks" some years ago other than bow-fishing for carp.

I always used a 60s era Bear Kodiak Magnum recurve....If memory serves it was either 50 or 55#. I sure killed a lot of deer and a few bear with it.

The last game animal I killed was a 465# black bear that I punched between the shoulder blades and through the heart....The damn thing walked just 12' away, leaned against a hickory tree, and expired.

Easiest bow kill I ever made. :)

Here's it's skull.

b 001 (2).JPG

Last edited:
50# Recurve here. Came close but no cigar on a kill. Had alot of memorable hunts with it though.I can call the deer in but not close enough for a kill shot. When I try and close in they just slowly move further away.I got chased by feral bull once . My deer call seemed to tic him off and he wanted a fight. I ground hunt . My 13 year old grand niece got nice buck with her crossbow so I need to get busy she is ridin me about it. :)

Last edited:
Feral cats do a lot of damage in the wild. Me and my coon dogs have done in a few of them as well.
Why shoot them with an arrow? I know you arent hitting bullseyes every time, so these cats are suffering horrible deaths. There must be at least 100 more humane ways of getting rid of feral cats, but you chose the psycho fuck way. Also, feral cats dont "damage the wild".

Last edited:
Feral cats do a lot of damage in the wild. Me and my coon dogs have done in a few of them as well.
Yeah, I killed every cat I saw as long as it did not interfere with my hunt....Not with a bow though, arrows/broadheads were too damn expensive to risk buggering up on a damn cat.

It's funny, when fox trapping you would sometimes catch a dog or cat and the dogs would always be caught by the toes. I'd just let them go....I never had a dog snap at me while letting it out....Hell about a third of them would follow me around afterwards all gimpy like.

I killed every cat because more often than not they would have a broke leg and they were a pain to remove plus they ruined the set.....That and on the chance it was a house cat you did not want kitty showing up back home with a broke leg. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back