Proud Boys leaders are charged in 4 states for Capitol Riot

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
WASHINGTON — FBI agents have arrested two organizers for the Proud Boys in Philadelphia and North Carolina, and prosecutors filed new charges against two other prominent members of the far-right group in Florida and Washington state as federal authorities continued their crackdown on its leadership ranks, three law enforcement officials said Wednesday.

With the new conspiracy indictment, prosecutors have brought charges against a total of 13 people identified in court papers as members of the Proud Boys. Federal investigators have described the group, which appeared in force in Washington Jan. 6, as one of the chief instigators of the riot at the Capitol that left five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer.

IMHO, this is a good thing, justice has been served and these guys will get their day in court as it should be.

My problem: in all truth I am not sure the same outcome would have occurred if these guys were BLM or ANTIFA. When did the FBI arrest any organizers for the endless riots that went on over last summer and autumn? Lawbreaking is lawbreaking, right? Whether it's in DC or elsewhere, right? In my youth I assumed that lady justice was blind, and the guilty went to jail no matter who they were. Yeah, I was naive, obviously money and influence has always resulted in 2 different justice systems, one for them and one for us. But I didn't think a person's politics played into it, rich guys got off no matter who they vote for, and poor guys didn't either. But now it's different: progressive liberals and those who serve them get away with just about anything, where as conservatives don't and they even have to face trumped up charges where due process was not served and their rights were trampled on. Example: see Mike Flynn.

Forum List

Back