Protesters topple Confederate monument on UNC campus

Probably not. I'm sure the UNC admin will waffle and delay and sooner or later say they won't put it back up "in the interest of safety"

UNC wanted to get rid of the statue for a while, only a State Law forced them to keep it up.

Considering most of the men fighting at the time were in their 20's, and a lot of these statues went up in the early 1900's, it's actually around the time a lot of the veterans on both sides started dying off.

Again, they were put up to intimidate blacks, not to honor the dumbshits who wore the Gray.

Isn't it ironic that several posters have said that the Civil War was not about slavery but about states' rights, yet they want to destroy Confederate statues?

Probably not. I'm sure the UNC admin will waffle and delay and sooner or later say they won't put it back up "in the interest of safety"

UNC wanted to get rid of the statue for a while, only a State Law forced them to keep it up.

Considering most of the men fighting at the time were in their 20's, and a lot of these statues went up in the early 1900's, it's actually around the time a lot of the veterans on both sides started dying off.

Again, they were put up to intimidate blacks, not to honor the dumbshits who wore the Gray.

Back in the 1910's the blacks weren't in any position to need intimidation, Jim Crow was firmly in place.

Your reason for it is invalid on that point alone.

Can’t say I feel bad about the statue being torn down.

Too bad the people who did it felt the need to break the law to do it.

The statue should stay down and never be replaced.

Racism and those who fought to preserve slavery should never be celebrated.

Your lack of empathy for other cultures, is noted and held against you.

Ironically, on at least two levels, you have proven multiculturalism to be a failure.

Can’t muster much empathy for racists.

Perhaps some sympathy for their racism, it’s sad that racists don’t see the problem with their racism. It’s especially sad when they also call themselves Christians.

You condemn racists....while being a bigot

Back in the 1910's the blacks weren't in any position to need intimidation, Jim Crow was firmly in place.
The statues of glorious heroes validated Jim Crow, other wise it was just the work of racist Peckerwood losers.

Talk about reading into something to confirm your own biases and assumptions.

Again, during this time period the guys who served in the war were starting to die of due to old age, the North also put up a ton of monuments during this time for the same reason.

Obviously. I've been pointing that out, but they can't seen to hear me.

It`ll be a sad day when all of these statues are gone and the racists have to find another way to taunt blacks. We should feel sorry for them?

Joetwat doesn't want to hear anything except his own narcissistic worldview, where what he likes is legal, and everything else should be crushed by the government.

He's also a hypocrite on the Constitution, hiding behind it when it suits him, and ignoring it or insulting it when it doesn't.

He is probably one of the most loathsome posters on this board.

It`ll be a sad day when all of these statues are gone and the racists have to find another way to taunt blacks. We should feel sorry for them?

If you feel taunted by a Statue designed to remember war dead, I suggest you wrap yourself in bubble wrap and take valium for the rest of your life.

Snowflake.

Symbols of SOuthern Culture are being destroyed. It is a form of oppression.

YOu are a bigot.

That you justify your bigotry by crying "racism" just makes you even more of an ass.

Joetwat doesn't want to hear anything except his own narcissistic worldview, where what he likes is legal, and everything else should be crushed by the government.

He's also a hypocrite on the Constitution, hiding behind it when it suits him, and ignoring it or insulting it when it doesn't.

He is one of two people I have on ignore.

He is one of two people I have on ignore.

A lot of people do.

Again, during this time period the guys who served in the war were starting to die of due to old age, the North also put up a ton of monuments during this time for the same reason.
Yet there is no corresponding blip of Union monuments around the Civil Rights era as there is of Confederate monuments. Mere coincidence, fer shure.

image.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com.au

Forum List

Back