Prop gun fired by Alex Baldwin on movie set loaded with ‘a live single round’, says Hollywood union

He was obviously negligent as he didn't check the weapon as all shooters in that situation should, but I think it's likely that he'll skate on any charges.

I think he's looking at a huge civil lawsuit.

It's worse than that. She worked one prior job, and people complained that she was unsafe.

The AD likewise has a history of unsafe behavior.

Yet baldwin still hired them.

He's fucked. His progressive privilige might shield him from criminal charges, but he is going to be destitute by the time the civil lawsuits are over.

Well, it appears that is not the case. Not everyone who accidentally shoots another person is charged with a crime.
I live by the code that there's no such thing as an accidental shooting It's a case of negligence. Negligence is a mistake, but not an accident

It's worse than that. She worked one prior job, and people complained that she was unsafe.

He's fucked. His progressive privilige might shield him from criminal charges, but he is going to be destitute by the time the civil lawsuits are over.
Baldwin was the shooter He's the one who failed to check the chamber of the weapon before firing. The responsibility ultimately was his. Period

Baldwin was the shooter He's the one who failed to check the chamber of the weapon before firing. The responsibility ultimately was his. Period

Of course it was. I have said that multiple times. The prior history of the other two who were involved is what is going to break him monetarily.

Local 44 had no people there. She is non union, as is most of the secondary crew from what I can gather.

EXACTLY!

They had no one there. Given that, how is it they're able to conclude that there was a single live round loaded into the gun? The investigation hadn't even made that conclusion...

Any lawsuit will likely go after his production company as opposed to him personally. The pockets attached to the company are far deeper than his...

Any lawsuit will likely go after his production company as opposed to him personally. The pockets attached to the company are far deeper than his...

Not really. His production insurance is not going to cover him because it was gross negligence, he IS the producer, and because he is a well known asshole there will be little sympathy for him from the industry as a whole.

Not really. His production insurance is not going to cover him because it was gross negligence, he IS the producer, and because he is a well known asshole there will be little sympathy for him from the industry as a whole.

I suppose we'll just wait and find out. His insurance, given the nature of film making, probably covers the production company for negligence. My company's insurance is such that, if someone who works for me knowingly or negligently fucks up and someone is injured or killed, the insurance pays.

That's really not that unusual. You're trying not to allow for it, though, because you've gotten yourself so twisted over Baldwin that you want to see him suffer personally...

I suppose we'll just wait and find out. His insurance, given the nature of film making, probably covers the production company for negligence. My company's insurance is such that, if someone who works for me knowingly or negligently fucks up and someone is injured or killed, the insurance pays.

That's really not that unusual. You're trying not to allow for it, though, because you've gotten yourself so twisted over Baldwin that you want to see him suffer personally...

Wrong. The insurance won't cover him at all. Once negligence is known to be the cause, as this clearly is, they are off the hook.

There is NO insurance that I have EVER heard of that will cover for negligence. That is an insurance company get out of jail free card.

Kind of like how life insurance doesn't cover suicide.

Wrong. The insurance won't cover him at all. Once negligence is known to be the cause, as this clearly is, they are off the hook.

There is NO insurance that I have EVER heard of that will cover for negligence. That is an insurance company get out of jail free card.

Where do you get your "facts"?

Suicide is routinely covered by life insurance, provided the policy has been in effect for (normally) two years.

I could provide a list of links for you, but there are just too many.

So, here: life insurance suicide - Google Search

Again, is fomeone in one of my companies fucks up and someone is injured or killed, my insurance is applicable. You having heard about such a thing is of no consequence...

In most jurisdictions, reckless behavior is a substitute for intent. Usually, gross negligence is established by proving a reckless disregaurd for the rights or safety of others, which is deemed intentional.

Pointing a real firearm at others and pulling the trigger is reckless by any reasonable standard. That recklessness is amplified when one does so without personally checking and clearing it.

Recklessness can relieve insurers of the duty to indemnify, but usually not the duty to defend, so the insurer's lawyers will fight any lawsuits.

And no insurance company will EVER underwrite another one of his projects. He's done. This fucking dumbass Baldwin apparently had a paltry $1 million liability policy on this film. Anything over that judged against him will come out of his pocket.

Where do you get your "facts"?

Suicide is routinely covered by life insurance, provided the policy has been in effect for (normally) two years.

I could provide a list of links for you, but there are just too many.

So, here: life insurance suicide - Google Search

Again, is fomeone in one of my companies fucks up and someone is injured or killed, my insurance is applicable. You having heard about such a thing is of no consequence...

No, it's not. I have been insuring my business for over 40 years. Negligence on the part of my business autpmatically invalidates my coverage.

No, it's not. I have been insuring my business for over 40 years. Negligence on the part of my business autpmatically invalidates my coverage.
Then you have an 800 year old insurance agent who doesn't know wtf he is doing. Get new insurance. Indemnity for the negligent actions of employees is literally one of the main reasons you carry insurance. So the things you are saying are pretty nutty.

No he didn't intentionally aim a firearm at another person and pull the trigger killing that person.

Cheney most definitely fired the shot which hit Harry Whittington. The reason Whittington was shot was that Cheney was not mindful of what was around his target when he pulled the trigger. Clearly, it was an accident. But it was also completely negligent on the part of Cheney...

However, your partisan nonsense is noted

Partinsan nonsense?

I voted for Bush/Cheny twice, you stupid fuck...

And no insurance company will EVER underwrite another one of his projects. He's done. This fucking dumbass Baldwin apparently had a paltry $1 million liability policy on this film. Anything over that judged against him will come out of his pocket.

Where did you hear that?

I threw a birthday party for my brother's 60th a couple years ago and the venue required I have a $1 million policy in force before I could have the party there.

Methinks you're mistaken...

Forum List

Back