Pronoun fines and jail time for librarians: Republicans target LGBTQ+ rights with new laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introducing legislation doesn't require those metrics .. it requires a majority in the House and Senate to approve (after negotiating and adding any amendments) and then the president signing into law.
Not when it involves the First Amendment, you'd first have to get Congress to approve, the President to sign and the Supreme Court to claim it was within the Constitution, which would never happen. The 2nd Amendment is in more danger than the 1st.

The only way to get it overturned would be a Constitutional challenge to the 1st Amendment and that would take 75% of Congress, and 66% of the states approving it.

We aren't even close.

Not when it involves the First Amendment, you'd first have to get Congress to approve, the President to sign and the Supreme Court to claim it was within the Constitution, which would never happen. The 2nd Amendment is in more danger than the 1st.

The only way to get it overturned would be a Constitutional challenge to the 1st Amendment and that would take 75% of Congress, and 66% of the states approving it.

We aren't even close.
I believe you're getting the passage of legislation confused with ratifying an amendment.

I believe you're getting the passage of legislation confused with ratifying an amendment.
The only way Shelia Lee would get her idea to work is a Constitutional Amendment. Even if you got the House to pass it, the Senate would not, the President wouldn't touch it and the Supreme Court would shoot it down a violation of the 1st Amendment quickly.

The only way Shelia Lee would get her idea to work is a Constitutional Amendment. Even if you got the House to pass it, the Senate would not, the President wouldn't touch it and the Supreme Court would shoot it down a violation of the 1st Amendment quickly.
Unfortunately .. that's not correct. A congressman / woman can propose legislation for discussion and approval ... just like politicians do today with gun legislation.

I see you as a lying piece of shit Like all nazis.
These people honestly believe that we want to do sexual things to little kids? WTF? I think people that want to do sexual things to little kids don't deserve to live. I find it disgusting that they see me as someone that wants to hurt children. I find it a disgraceful and disrespectful thing to say about me and a smear on my character and honor. No, American taliban. I and people that support Lgbt aint doing it because we want to harm children and/ or are sexually interested in them as that is evil and beneath contempt, but we're doing this because your child has the brainwiring that makes them gay or trans within their biology. We believe that your child should be able to be who they're and we're asking you to accept them for that. Why lie about us and make it something that it isn't? We know why, because you don't have any real defense for your beliefs besides making up shit about us and people that you hate.

Unfortunately .. that's not correct. A congressman / woman can propose legislation for discussion and approval ... just like politicians do today with gun legislation.
You can propose but it won’t come close to passing, too many representatives would have to go home and explain their vote and come re-election only far blue districts would support this nonsense. Why do you think it is okay for you to suppress speech but not others?

You can propose but it won’t come close to passing, too many representatives would have to go home and explain their vote and come re-election only far blue districts would support this nonsense. Why do you think it is okay for you to suppress speech but not others?
Again .. I'm stating what has been proposed and what has been passed. Bill Clinton celebrated a lockdown on "assault style" weapons that passed both chambers of congress and was signed into law.

I don't support it at all .. infringing on 1st or 2nd amendment rights as an example. Free speech can be obnoxious, and that should be a beautiful thing.

no .. because a male shouldn't be in a private location with females (just like we've seen with the YMCA story).

I agree. I merely stated how I would address them. You REALLY should learn to read for comprehension and not to come up with a reason to pick a fight.

Makes you look stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back