Pronoun fines and jail time for librarians: Republicans target LGBTQ+ rights with new laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with adult heterosexual sex. It is normal. And when kids get older they can have access to such things.

But we all know the groomers are pushing homosexuality and gender bender nonsense onto kids.…young kids.

The fact that you can’t make these distinctions shows you are clearly unable to make these decisions and you would be unqualified for a position that has contact with children.
But kids will have access to DH Lawrence if you dont ban it. Are you not sexualising children by not banning it ?

The central theme of the novel Tom Jones is that Tom has been fucking his mother. Should that be banned from North Dakota Public Library ?

Calling a person, he/she/them/they should be a matter of choice, no one has a right to tell you what or how to address another person. It is free speech, and we all have the right to acknowledge or not acknowledge another person.

The banning of books, school libraries should have books that are age appropriate. The public library should not be banning books, especially Huck Finn or Grapes of Wrath, the left always leaves these two out of the equation.

Calling a person, he/she/them/they should be a matter of choice, no one has a right to tell you what or how to address another person. It is free speech, and we all have the right to acknowledge or not acknowledge another person.

The banning of books, school libraries should have books that are age appropriate. The public library should not be banning books, especially Huck Finn or Grapes of Wrath, the left always leaves these two out of the equation.
Its a relief that the pronoun bill was voted down. It should never have got that far.

North Dakota seems to be a problematic place. Are they really going to send librarians to jail for stocking dirty books ?

This seems to be absurd on a taliban level. It seems like the argument has moved on from protecting the kids to protecting the adults. What sort of libraraies will these places be ?

Will Librarians be expected to read every book on their shelves to protect themselves ? I would if I was threatened with a jail sentence.

Libraries are places of learning. Where we go to learn about the world. This bill seems to be the antithesis of that aim. These people are bringing shame to America.
I got to tell you, these Republican state legislatures are a bunch of panty wastes. They have seen the enemy and it is not drug smugglers and drug dealers. It is not even armed BLM thugs rioting in the street. It is not mob bosses or Bloods and Crips. It is not predatory lenders, rent seeking monopolies, or wealthy tax cheats. Nope, it is librarians, gay and trans children and schoolteachers.

They have seen the problem. It is not inflation, a slowly recovering supply chain, immigration, or even the war in Ukraine. It is "woke" people, and "woke" corporations that dare change their M and M's or tweek the X-box.

The Republican party has always stood with the strong against the weak but now they are taking it to a new level. I suggest they change the name of the party from the Grand Old Party to the Grandiose Old PUSSIES.

Its a relief that the pronoun bill was voted down. It should never have got that far.
The issue is lots of stupid bills make it in the state legislature, fortunately most all get shot down. Every once in a while, stupid makes it through. My state has banned new homes getting natural gas. Not sure why but they had time on their hands, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back