Promoting Trump

Anyone besides me think that the liberal media is deliberately working to keep Trump "in the news" and at the top of the Republican party?
No, because there is no such thing as ‘the media,’ ‘liberal’ or otherwise.

‘The media’ don’t operate as a single entity pursuing a hidden, nefarious political agenda.

When the Republican Senate minority leader states that Trump was ‘practically and morally responsible’ for the 1/6 terrorist attack on the Capitol, and less than two weeks later announces that he’ll support Trump is he’s the 2024 GOP presidential nominee, that’s news which warrants reporting.
You are dumber than a box of hammers. The mainstream media all get their stories from the same wire services--AP, Reuters etc. Watch the evening news on the big 3 and pbs--you can switch back and forth between them and they will be airing the same stories, using the same wording. I would call you naive, but I think you are just obtuse.

Anyone besides me think that the liberal media is deliberately working to keep Trump "in the news" and at the top of the Republican party?

They want to keep Trump in the news, sure. People are interested, and might otherwise tune out.

Further, it diverts attention away from Sleepy Joe.

To tell the truth, just how "interesting" is an old codger with dementia? This has to be the most boring administration I've ever seen.

What a bunch of sub-par low-energy know-nothings with a complete lack of any substantial accomplishments.

Yawn.
Are you kidding? tRump fascinated the media.

You could be right!
But Trump is the leader of their "opposition" i can't help but think when someone new emerges the low grade "media" will attack them just as much.
There is too much hate.

They want to keep Trump in the news, sure. People are interested, and might otherwise tune out.

To tell the truth, just how "interesting" is an old codger with dementia? This has to be the most boring administration I've ever seen.

Exactly. And boring doesn't sell. Me the media wants a freak show - thus Trump.

You could be right!
But Trump is the leader of their "opposition" i can't help but think when someone new emerges the low grade "media" will attack them just as much.
There is too much hate.

The twisted psychology of victimhood....

1) In order to be a victim, you need an oppressor.

2) In order to remain a victim, you need to keep your oppressor close at hand.

3) At that point, you become a twisted version of a demon worshiper.

Trump won't be allowed to go away, because the moonbats need to be besieged by an "oppressor".

Of course, Trump will help them by not going away.

What a bunch of sub-par low-energy know-nothings with a complete lack of any substantial accomplishments.

Yawn.

I've always hoped for "boring" government. Especially with few accomplishments. Win/win.

Last edited:

Yawn.

I've always hoped for "boring" government. Especially one with few accomplishments. Win/win.
I like boring government too, but I don't think we've had that since Calvin Coolidge.

Trump = Promises made, promises kept!
No matter who says what, Trump is the leader of the Republican Party!
THERE IS NO DEBATE!!

There is indeed no debate but Rump ain't the "leader" of anything. He's a two-time loser, or if you like, a four-time loser, having lost the Senate, the House and the vote of the electorate twice. Not exactly the résumé of a "leader", is it.

You don't become a "leader" of a political party simply by having lost the Presidency. Was Jimmy Carter the "leader" of the Democrats in 1981? Was H.W. Bush the "leader" of the Repubs in 1993? For that matter was Shrubya the "leader" in 2009?

Yawn.

I've always hoped for "boring" government. Especially one with few accomplishments. Win/win.
I like boring government too, but I don't think we've had that since Calvin Coolidge.

The case could be made for Gerald Ford here. Not to mention Hoover.

Yawn.

The case could be made for Gerald Ford here. Not to mention Hoover.

Ford was a RINO, but hardly "boring", as he thrilled American football fans as a tremendous All-American.

And Hoover was too much of a progressive to deal with the financial crisis of 1929, but I don't ever remember the Great Humanitarian being labeled as "boring"

Could be. And if so, it's a stupid thing to do.

I think this is what they did in 2016, too, and it blew up in their face.

The premise is absurd in that it requires a world where "the media", whatever that might mean, all colluded in some strategy meeting in a conference room in Dubuque and came up with (and probably voted on) a plan to "keep Rump in the news". That fantasy completely ignores that "the media' is made up of large capitalist corporations who compete, not collude, with each other, for a common audience, because the more of that audience you can snag, the more money you can make from selling commercials.

A clown show like Rump is guaranteed to draw those flies, so we can think of the individual "media" members as the flies and Rump as the turd on the sidewalk. The flies didn't huddle together and make a plan beforehand to go focus on one particular turd; rather, the flies are all drawn to it by a cynical, dystopian and self-interested dynamic which is common to all of them --- making money. Those who don't splash whatever outrageous boner Rump pulled THIS time, get left behind in that rush to easy cash via the lowest common denominator.

Ultimately this is the inevitable destination of a commercially-driven media. If an information channel is driven by how much profit it can make for itself, then its prime directive is going to be how many ears and eyeballs it can snag, and not what's important for public discourse.

Yawn.

You just want performance art rather than statesmanship.. Trump should go back to the Apprentice.

Yawn.

You just want performance art rather than statesmanship.. Trump should go back to the Apprentice.

Fair enough. Would you support Melania Trump to run for the Republicans in 2024 in his stead?

The premise is absurd in that it requires a world where "the media", whatever that might mean, all colluded in some strategy meeting in a conference room in Dubuque and came up with (and probably voted on) a plan to "keep Rump in the news".

That's not the premise

A clown show like Rump is guaranteed to draw those flies, so we can think of the individual "media" members as the flies and Rump as the turd on the sidewalk. The flies didn't huddle together and make a plan beforehand to go focus on one particular turd; rather, the flies are all drawn to it by a cynical, dystopian and self-interested dynamic which is common to all of them --- making money. Those who don't splash whatever outrageous boner Rump pulled THIS time, get left behind in that rush to easy cash via the lowest common denominator.

Yep. I didn't say they huddled together and made a plan beforehand.

Ultimately this is the inevitable destination of a commercially-driven media. If an information channel is driven by how much profit it can make for itself, then its prime directive is going to be how many ears and eyeballs it can snag, and not what's important for public discourse.

While I appreciate how irresistable it is for you to pin this on "profit", that's really not the problem, and it wouldn't get any better with a state run media. The problem is that we have too much democracy. You simply can run a government that responds to the democratic will of the people when the people are fucking morons.

Yawn.

The problem is that most voters are too stupid to know the difference.

The premise is absurd in that it requires a world where "the media", whatever that might mean, all colluded in some strategy meeting in a conference room in Dubuque and came up with (and probably voted on) a plan to "keep Rump in the news".

That's not the premise

Isn't it? Here's what you posted, the part you cut out so it wouldn't show:

"Media" there means a collective, and you fused it with a phrase that as stated would require that phrase to be common to ALL of the members thereof. If those members did not huddle together and agree on this common "plan" you imagine ------- how is it they all just magically came up with the same idea? Hm?

Yep. I didn't say they huddled together and made a plan beforehand.

While I appreciate how irresistable it is for you to pin this on "profit", that's really not the problem, and it wouldn't get any better with a state run media. The problem is that we have too much democracy. You simply can run a government that responds to the democratic will of the people when the people are fucking morons.

Actually I neither posted nor implied anything about a "state-run media". When you can't handle the point --- change it.

A "state run media", such as the VOA, would suffer from the same illegitimate premise --- a dearth of objectivity. Rather than being driven by how many flies it could draw, it would be (and is) driven by the narrative the State wishes to project, and bury what the State wants buried. And that would be no better.

Apparently the point about the lowest common denominator was so simple it flew right under your head.

Last edited:

That's not the premise

Isn't it? Here's what you posted, the part you cut out so it wouldn't show:

Uh-huh - and notice what I didn't post. I didn't post that they "colluded in some strategy meeting in a conference room in Dubuque". That was purely your fabrication.

Actually I neither posted nor implied anything about a "state-run media".

Seemed implied to me. You blamed the "commercially-driven media". I assumed you had a better alternative in mind. I guess you don't.

Exactly. And boring doesn't sell. Me the media wants a freak show - thus Trump.

Oh please. The guy has been out of office a little over a month. It would make sense to still cover him. DumBama has been in the media four years; Hillary three years. Her husband for many years after he left. Why do you think this is so unusual?

Forum List

Back