Progressives Want Secret Police

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Jan 19 2021
Nazi Germany had the Gestapo. Communist East Germany had the Stasi. The USSR had the NKVD and the KGB. The tolerant liberals at the Daily Beast want to know why the USA can’t have secret police too. The Capitol Riot can serve yet again as a pretext:
Democrats in Congress are teeing up another round of investigations and commissions to get to the bottom of the January 6 insurrection, which will almost certainly revisit the thorny question of whether the U.S. needs an independent counter-subversion agency to infiltrate and neutralize armed domestic extremists…
Note that tens of millions of Americans are armed, as is our constitutional right, and that anyone right of center is an “extremist” from the viewpoint of the liberal establishment.
Already, a bill has been introduced to empower federal law enforcement to better monitor and stop domestic extremist violence.

“It is not enough to just condemn hate, we need to equip law enforcement with the tools needed to identify threats and prevent violent acts of domestic terrorism,” said its sponsor, Rep. Brad Schneider (D-IL).
Hundreds of Black Lives Matter/Antifa riots, some of which entailed firing mortars at, firebombing, or burning down police stations, did not qualify as domestic terrorism. But the Capitol Riot was terrorism, due to the usual double standard.

Never mind that Trump was just impeached again because he supposedly caused the riot by speaking at a rally. The riot was planned in advance, and progressives demand to know why these plans weren’t thwarted.
[O]ne response to the 9/11 tragedy may well get renewed attention after the Capitol assault—especially if armed white nationalists are successful in carrying out more attacks in the coming days and weeks: The call for a secret police.
Hats off to the moonbats for actually using the term “secret police,” rather than hiding behind their usual euphemisms.

What about the FBI, which Democrats have politically weaponized and which is currently spying on all 25,000 troops brought in for the show of force in DC?
[W]ith revelations that the FBI and Capitol Police overlooked widespread extremist social media traffic and fumbled intelligence reports on plans by pro-Trump forces to invade the Capitol, the verdict is still out on whether the bureau is fully up to the task.
The NSA spies on us too, James Clapper’s lie under oath notwithstanding. But neither the FBI nor the NSA has the culture of brutal hostility toward their own country’s population needed to efficiently repress dissidents in the unfolding police state.

Hat tip: Not the Bee.
All link highlighted
Comrades !
We need a secret police to defend against the wayyycist enemies of democracy!

wywysyhshhhwe.jpg

I have been following this.

With everything we know about how easy, and in fact, how it almost looks like the Senator and Reps. wanted that "storming" to be successful, with some filming showing how the police just let them in;

The four big lies underpinning this story show it was likely a staged event.

. . . and how we now have some evidence that this Q-Anon is in fact a psy-op, and Trump himself has denied from the start having any direct ties to it. . . it would now appear that this was the set up from the start, it was intended from the very beginning to work out this way.

Turning Americans into the enemy of the state, how convenient for those who lord over you when they start really making draconion laws you don't like. . .

Folks should, by now, see what is happening.

I've been following an ostensibly "liberal" blogger during the last several years.

He has just penned a great read about this new domestic terrorism. It has made him see the light. :heehee:

Are You Ready for Total (Ideological) War?

". . . OK, before I go any further with this essay, I need to explain to my regular readers (in case it wasn’t already clear) that I’ve decided to forswear every word I’ve ever written, and all my principles, and my common sense, and join the remainder of my old leftist and liberal friends in the orgy of online hate and outrage they are currently mindlessly indulging in.

Yes, I realize this comes as a shock, but I have seen the GloboCap writing on the wall, and I don’t want to … you know, get ideologically “cleansed,” or charged with “extremism,” or “insurrectionism,” or “domestic terrorism,” or “populism,” or whatever. I’m already in enough trouble as it is for not playing ball with their “apocalyptic plague,” and whatever else I am, I am certainly no martyr, and I have a career in the arts to consider, so I have decided to listen to my inner coward and join the goose-stepping global-capitalist mob, which is why this column sounds slightly out of character.

See, back in the old days, before my conversion, I would have made fun of my liberal friends for calling this “storming” of the Capitol a “coup,” or an “insurrection,” and for demanding that the protesters be prosecuted as “domestic terrorists.” I probably would have scolded them a bit for taking to the Internet and spewing their hatred at the unarmed woman shot dead by the police like a pack of soulless, totalitarian jackals. I might have even made a reference to that infamous scene in Schindler’s List where the crowd of “normal” German citizens all laugh and jeer as the Jews are marched away to the ghetto by the Nazi goons.

But, now that I have seen the light, I see how bad and wrong that would have been. Clearly, trespassing in the US Capitol is a crime that should be punishable by death. And comparing contemporary American liberals to the “good Germans” during the Nazi era is so outrageous that … well, it should probably be censored. So, good thing I decided not to do that! Plus, the woman was a “devoted conspiracy theorist,” so she got what she deserved, right? (“Play stupid games, win stupid prizes was the official liberal shibboleth, I believe.)

In fact (and I hope my liberal friends are still reading this), the police should have shot the entire lot of them! All these Russian-backed Nazi insurrectionists should have been gunned down right there on the spot, preferably by muscle-bound corporate mercenaries and CIA snipers in Black Hawk helicopters with big Facebook and Twitter logos on them! Actually, anyone who trespassed in the Capitol Building (which is like a cathedral), or just came to the protest wearing a MAGA hat, should be hunted down by federal authorities, charged as a “domestic white-supremacist terrorist,” frog-marched out onto Black Lives Matter Plaza, and shot, in the face, live, on TV, so that everyone can watch and howl at their screens like the Two Minutes Hate in 1984. That would teach these “insurrectionists” a lesson!

Or they could shoot them in one of those corporate-branded stadiums! We could make it a weekly televised event. It’s not like there is any shortage of Trump-supporting “domestic terrorists.” They could use a different stadium every week, deck the place out with big “New Normal” banners, play music, make speeches, the whole nine yards. Everyone would have to wear masks, of course, and strictly adhere to social distancing. Folks could bring the kids, make a day of it.

How am I doing so far, leftist and liberal friends? No? Not fanatical and hateful enough?

<snip>

". . . How am I doing, liberals? Am I back in the club? Because, I get it. I swear! I’m cured! Praise God! I’m ready to pitch in and do my part. I believe in GloboCap’s final victory! I’m willing to work, if our leaders order me, ten, twelve, or fourteen hours a day, and give all I have for GloboCap victory! I am ready for total ideological war … an ideological war more total and radical than anything I can even imagine!

Sure, our imaginary enemies are formidable (and this war will probably last forever … or at least until the end of global capitalism), but, in the words of one our greatest liberal heroes, George W. Bush, “bring it on!”

bush-obama.jpg

Jan 19 2021
Nazi Germany had the Gestapo. Communist East Germany had the Stasi. The USSR had the NKVD and the KGB. The tolerant liberals at the Daily Beast want to know why the USA can’t have secret police too. The Capitol Riot can serve yet again as a pretext:
Democrats in Congress are teeing up another round of investigations and commissions to get to the bottom of the January 6 insurrection, which will almost certainly revisit the thorny question of whether the U.S. needs an independent counter-subversion agency to infiltrate and neutralize armed domestic extremists…
Note that tens of millions of Americans are armed, as is our constitutional right, and that anyone right of center is an “extremist” from the viewpoint of the liberal establishment.
Already, a bill has been introduced to empower federal law enforcement to better monitor and stop domestic extremist violence.

“It is not enough to just condemn hate, we need to equip law enforcement with the tools needed to identify threats and prevent violent acts of domestic terrorism,” said its sponsor, Rep. Brad Schneider (D-IL).
Hundreds of Black Lives Matter/Antifa riots, some of which entailed firing mortars at, firebombing, or burning down police stations, did not qualify as domestic terrorism. But the Capitol Riot was terrorism, due to the usual double standard.

Never mind that Trump was just impeached again because he supposedly caused the riot by speaking at a rally. The riot was planned in advance, and progressives demand to know why these plans weren’t thwarted.
[O]ne response to the 9/11 tragedy may well get renewed attention after the Capitol assault—especially if armed white nationalists are successful in carrying out more attacks in the coming days and weeks: The call for a secret police.
Hats off to the moonbats for actually using the term “secret police,” rather than hiding behind their usual euphemisms.

What about the FBI, which Democrats have politically weaponized and which is currently spying on all 25,000 troops brought in for the show of force in DC?
[W]ith revelations that the FBI and Capitol Police overlooked widespread extremist social media traffic and fumbled intelligence reports on plans by pro-Trump forces to invade the Capitol, the verdict is still out on whether the bureau is fully up to the task.
The NSA spies on us too, James Clapper’s lie under oath notwithstanding. But neither the FBI nor the NSA has the culture of brutal hostility toward their own country’s population needed to efficiently repress dissidents in the unfolding police state.

Hat tip: Not the Bee.
All link highlighted
Comrades !
We need a secret police to defend against the wayyycist enemies of democracy!

View attachment 445392

I think making this partisan? Is a disservice.

We are all Americans, we all love our children, our parents, and our freedom and the bill of rights. . . well, most of us anyhow.

Most folks know my mission here on this forum, is to unite the left and the right against our true enemy, (the swamp, the Deep State,) and that was always, ostensibly, what Trump originally claimed too, he just got caught up in D.C. politics because he has an unbelievable frail ego & has the spirit of a fighter.

I think you will find, wise folks on the left, not the neo-liberal corporatists, but the Sanders folks, don't think this is a good idea either.

ACLU Statement Opposing H.R. 4192, Confronting the Threat of Domestic Terrorism Act

"In this letter to the U.S. House Judiciary Committee, the ACLU urged Members to oppose H.R. 4192, Confronting the Threat of Domestic Terrorism Act. By reifying and broadening domestic terrorism authorities, H.R. 4192 would unnecessarily expand law enforcement authorities to target and discriminate against the very communities Congress is seeking to protect. The additional crimes, criminal penalties, and expansion of the death penalty in H.R. 4192 would further incorporate abusive terrorism authorities into a discriminatory criminal justice system.

People of color and other marginalized communities have long been targeted under domestic terrorism authorities for unfair and discriminatory surveillance, investigations, and prosecutions. Law enforcement agencies' use of these authorities undermines and has violated equal protection, due process, and First Amendment rights."

Caitlin Johnson is a real liberal, never cared much for Trump, but had always railed against the Russia Hoax and the Impeachment fraud.

Consent-Manufacturing For Patriot Act II Continues
medium-6.jpg

". . . In a new article for Washington Monthly titled “It’s Time for a Domestic Terrorism Law“, Bill Scher argues against left-wing critics of the coming laws like Glenn Greenwald and Jacobin‘s Luke Savage saying such “knee-jerk reactions” against potential authoritarian abuses fail to address the growing problem. He opens with the acknowledgement that “Joe Biden’s transition team was already working on a domestic terrorism law before the insurrection,” and then he just keeps on writing as though that’s not weird or suspicious in any way.

Scher lists among the growing threat of domestic terror not just white supremacists and right-wing extremists but “extremist left-wing domestic terrorism” as well. He approvingly cites Adam Schiff’s Confronting The Threat of Terrorism Act, which “creates a definition of domestic terrorism broadly encompassing plots that carry a ‘substantial risk of serious bodily injury’ along with an ‘intent to intimidate or coerce a civilian population’ or ‘influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion.'” The ACLU has unequivocally denounced Schiff’s bill, saying it “would unnecessarily expand law enforcement authorities to target and discriminate against the very communities Congress is seeking to protect.”

<snip>

“FBI intelligence analysts gathered information about possible violence involving the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6., but the FBI never distributed a formal intelligence bulletin, in part because of concerns that doing so might have run afoul of free speech protections, a current and two former senior FBI officials familiar with the matter told NBC News,” the article warns, making sure to inform readers that “experts say the lack of a domestic terrorism statute constrains the FBI from treating far-right and far-left groups the same as Americans who are radicalized to violence by Al Qaeda or ISIS ideology.”

We can expect to see more such articles going forward.

The only way to sincerely believe more Patriot Act-like laws will benefit Americans is to believe that the US will only have wise and beneficent leaders going forward, and the only way to sincerely believe the US will only have wise and beneficent leaders going forward is to be completely shit-eating stupid. The trajectory has already been chosen, and that trajectory is the one that has already given rise to Trump. Continuing along that same trajectory can only give rise to something far uglier, and that something far uglier will have whatever new authoritarian powers are added by Joe Biden.

They’re not actually worried about “domestic terror”, they’re worried about any movement which threatens to topple the status quo. They want to make sure they can adequately spy, infiltrate, agitate and incarcerate into impotence any movement which provides a threat to America’s rulers and the system which funnels them wealth and power at the expense of everyone else. The movements which most threaten this are not rightists, who are generally more or less aligned with the interests of the oligarchic empire, but the left. . . "

Last edited:

Forum List

Back