Progressives Destroy Family of 12

Have Progressives Destroyed this Family?

• Total voters
Dahell are you talking about? Do you have me mixed up with someone else? :dunno:

No, I'm positive it's you.

I point out that the van has to be running in order to he "heated" -- which was your description. It's how cars work. If you're going to describe the van as "heated", then I'm going to point out by definition that means it has to be "running".

And again, because you've missed it yet again in another rant hating on these people - who said the van WASN'T running?

( ^^ one of a string of images posted on this page --- from the OP's own links... there are several more panels to that post but this is the one that mentions the gasoline)

I couldn't find that anywhere on that page (Unless it came from the comments section, in which case that's not exactly evidence of anything, that would literally be like going to one of the threads in on this site that say... Asclep (w/e the spelling is) did one of his "here's what happened" theories about how racist the cop was, then using it as proof to argue the cop was racist...)

This has only just started to be covered by any legitimate journalism and the court hearings haven't yet begun but from all appearances CPS seems to be doing its job just as it would if a family of meth freaks were neglecting their children. Child abuse is taken seriously these days.

I agree, however, I also think that it needs to be done for a DAMN good reason. I personally am not willing to simply take kids away from their parents over what I consider to be minor shit.

I do /not/ consider "homestead" living as abuse, I also don't consider sleeping in a van abuse. Other stuff maybe, the threats with a gun are an issue yea, but aside from that I've not really seen anything more than a minor concern in here. The MOTHER wasn't the one threatening with a gun, Daddy might need some counseling, but that doesn't mean Mom should lose the kids...

Mom may have gotten herself arrested for not wanting to let the cops take her kids without reason (in her mind), but that's kind of a mom excusable thing (if you were a mom you'd understand.) I mean I'd personally have a hard time not getting angry with an officer if he was trying to take my kids when I didn't think I'd done anything wrong myself, the difference is that I'd have a /lawyer/ on the phone yelling at that officer because I have money, these folks apparently don't have that better option.

Also that link from the newspaper won't work for me.

Progs think children should belong to society. Newsflash, progs, they don't

Indeed. It Takes A Village to enslave a child's mind in service to The State.

Our children attend private schools, there is no way in hell the left is getting their grimy meat hooks into them
Those of us who have our children attend public school very much thank you for putting YOUR children in a private school.
Public schools are largely institutions of liberal indoctrination.....They are owned and operated by the extreme political left.

Bzzt. Sorry, they're owned by the public. It's right in the name. :uhh:

Owned and paid for perhaps, but run by the parents who's students attend them? Oh hell no. Parents have just about zero say anymore. I was on the PTA for like 6 years, they shot down at least 80% of the parent suggestions for one reason or another (usually based on some political platform bullshit too)

We /parents/ have the right to have a bake sale, as long as the cause we support wouldn't cause political "issues"

Dahell are you talking about? Do you have me mixed up with someone else? :dunno:

No, I'm positive it's you.

I point out that the van has to be running in order to he "heated" -- which was your description. It's how cars work. If you're going to describe the van as "heated", then I'm going to point out by definition that means it has to be "running".

And again, because you've missed it yet again in another rant hating on these people - who said the van WASN'T running?

:wtf:
Feel free to essplain your path to the conclusion that noting how an automotive heating system works constitutes "hating"...

:popcorn:

( ^^ one of a string of images posted on this page --- from the OP's own links... there are several more panels to that post but this is the one that mentions the gasoline)

I couldn't find that anywhere on that page (Unless it came from the comments section, in which case that's not exactly evidence of anything, that would literally be like going to one of the threads in on this site that say... Asclep (w/e the spelling is) did one of his "here's what happened" theories about how racist the cop was, then using it as proof to argue the cop was racist...)

It IS from the comments section, as I've noted over and over right back to the first time I posted it yesterday. As I've also noted, that makes it exactly the same amount of credible as the original echo-ring blog articles with which the OP fueled this thread, based on nothing but the family's own Nosebook page. With two differences: one, the implications in those comments are consistent with what little we could hear from the authorities, and two, the family's own photos of their homestead.

This has only just started to be covered by any legitimate journalism and the court hearings haven't yet begun but from all appearances CPS seems to be doing its job just as it would if a family of meth freaks were neglecting their children. Child abuse is taken seriously these days.

I agree, however, I also think that it needs to be done for a DAMN good reason. I personally am not willing to simply take kids away from their parents over what I consider to be minor shit.

Of course. But the local law enforcement and CPS know way more than we do. It would be silly to infer we have the whole story at this point. That's why there's so little authentic media coverage -- not enough to go on.

I do /not/ consider "homestead" living as abuse, I also don't consider sleeping in a van abuse. Other stuff maybe, the threats with a gun are an issue yea, but aside from that I've not really seen anything more than a minor concern in here. The MOTHER wasn't the one threatening with a gun, Daddy might need some counseling, but that doesn't mean Mom should lose the kids...

Once again --- no one but the family themselves, who from local opinions are professional victims, has suggested the authorities' action has anything to do with "homesteading", "home schooling" or "living off the grid". The sheriff himself said he thought it was "kinda cool".

Mom may have gotten herself arrested for not wanting to let the cops take her kids without reason (in her mind), but that's kind of a mom excusable thing (if you were a mom you'd understand.) I mean I'd personally have a hard time not getting angry with an officer if he was trying to take my kids when I didn't think I'd done anything wrong myself, the difference is that I'd have a /lawyer/ on the phone yelling at that officer because I have money, these folks apparently don't have that better option.

When I first heard the audio of the encounter where she was resisting arrest, that's what I thought too. I had great sympathy for her and could totally understand her hysteria. That was before I read all the background comments from the locals and realized it was staged by an actor who knew she was recording the whole thing, and was more concerned about losing her phone than her kids.

Also that link from the newspaper won't work for me.

Sorry about that, maybe the link was too long for this site's software. Here's a proxy.

Progs think children should belong to society. Newsflash, progs, they don't

Indeed. It Takes A Village to enslave a child's mind in service to The State.

Our children attend private schools, there is no way in hell the left is getting their grimy meat hooks into them
Those of us who have our children attend public school very much thank you for putting YOUR children in a private school.
Public schools are largely institutions of liberal indoctrination.....They are owned and operated by the extreme political left.

Off point.
The issue is not ownership. The issue is what is being taught. And what is being taught is not in the form of information. What is being taught is what to believe about the information.

\The problem comes as your opening states, is if the family isn't providing the necessary 'warmth, food, water, etc.', without resulting to force upon someone else.

Link us direct evidence or gtfo, the same standard I was held to at the start of this thread.

Stop slandering. Notice that Pogo "agreed" with your post, because you're helping them slander this family without any proof.

The2ndAmendment

According to the links already posted, the kids were sleeping under a tarp, there was no running water, no sanitation facilities, not even an outhouse.

Instead of demanding to be spoon fed, read the links already posted in this thread.

I'm all for living off the grid. Don't have a problem with it at all. But, I don't think much of these freeloaders stealing from their neighbors and threatening to shoot if the neighbors don't hand it over, which is also covered in the links posted in this thread.

Its typical RW hypocrisy to idolize these thieves the same way they did Cliven Bundy who stole millions from the tax payers, while wanting to see Black looters shot on sight.

Feel free to essplain your path to the conclusion that noting how an automotive heating system works constitutes "hating"...

HOLY SHIT SON...

Okay, so you just have reading comprehension issues...

Please read this very carefully: Who said the van WASN'T running?

Of course. But the local law enforcement and CPS know way more than we do. It would be silly to infer we have the whole story at this point. That's why there's so little authentic media coverage -- not enough to go on.
[...]
Once again --- no one but the family themselves, who from local opinions are professional victims, has suggested the authorities' action has anything to do with "homesteading", "home schooling" or "living off the grid". The sheriff himself said he thought it was "kinda cool".
[...]
When I first heard the audio of the encounter where she was resisting arrest, that's what I thought too. I had great sympathy for her and could totally understand her hysteria. That was before I read all the background comments from the locals and realized it was staged by an actor who knew she was recording the whole thing, and was more concerned about losing her phone than her kids.

mmk from the article you found:

'The allegations were that the family was residing in a tent, mother had given birth in a tent, there is no running water or septic, none of the children were enrolled in school and the father threatened a neighbor with a weapon (asked child to hand him the gun).'

According to investigators, the family lives on a plot of land with one large shed and two tents.

The shed, they observed, housed dogs, goats and chickens. The smaller 'makeshift tents' appeared to be accommodation for the parents and children that 'could provide shade but would not provide enough space for the family.'

'Numerous piles of garbage, broken glass and nails were also scattered about the property,' the report stated, and there was a pond 'that had no barrier around it to prevent the children from entering or falling in.'

Other than the father threatening neighbor with a weapon thing. This is exactly what I was afraid of. NOTHING on their list of accusations is something so truly /terrible/ that these kids need to be taken from their parents over...

Living in a tent, shelter is not big enough. No running water, no septic, kids are homeschooled.

Then we get really ridiculous: there are garbage piles, nails, and broken glass scattered "on the property" of 26 acres. And a POND without a safety barrier!!! Oh the horror...

RE: CPS in Kentucky:

Can a social worker just take a child out of the home? No. Only the police have that authority if they feel that a child is in imminent danger. A judge can issue an emergency custody order (ECO) for a child to be picked up and held for 72 hours before a hearing. KRS 620.040(3)(b) allows a hospital administrator or a physician treating a child to hold that child without a court order but they must request an ECO within 72 hours.

Where was the imminent danger? Where is the judges ECO?

HOLY SHIT SON...

Wtf is wrong with you? Where did anyone claim anyone said it "wasn't running"?

[...]
[...]

'The allegations were that the family was residing in a tent, mother had given birth in a tent, there is no running water or septic, none of the children were enrolled in school and the father threatened a neighbor with a weapon (asked child to hand him the gun).'

According to investigators, the family lives on a plot of land with one large shed and two tents.

The shed, they observed, housed dogs, goats and chickens. The smaller 'makeshift tents' appeared to be accommodation for the parents and children that 'could provide shade but would not provide enough space for the family.'

'Numerous piles of garbage, broken glass and nails were also scattered about the property,' the report stated, and there was a pond 'that had no barrier around it to prevent the children from entering or falling in.'

Other than the father threatening neighbor with a weapon thing. This is exactly what I was afraid of. NOTHING on their list of accusations is something so truly /terrible/ that these kids need to be taken from their parents over...

Living in a tent, shelter is not big enough. No running water, no septic, kids are homeschooled.

Then we get really ridiculous: there are garbage piles, nails, and broken glass scattered "on the property" of 26 acres. And a POND without a safety barrier!!! Oh the horror...

Can a social worker just take a child out of the home? No. Only the police have that authority if they feel that a child is in imminent danger. A judge can issue an emergency custody order (ECO) for a child to be picked up and held for 72 hours before a hearing. KRS 620.040(3)(b) allows a hospital administrator or a physician treating a child to hold that child without a court order but they must request an ECO within 72 hours.

How the fuck do I know? I'm not the sheriff. Again where did anyone say exactly what the court's basis is and whether it's in the realm of reasonable or not? Another assumption?

This entire thread was built on one side's since-discredited propaganda. The OP jumped in with both feet, assuming their side was the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Assumptions like that just ain't gonna fly.

Don't know what "mmk" stands for either.

[
Wtf is wrong with you? Where did anyone claim anyone said it "wasn't running"?

*Sigh* Okay, then we can say the van was probably running, agreed? So then:

Pogo said:
So they begged for a wood stove -- even though they have no walls -- and when that failed they put twelve people in a van.
and
Pogo said:

Now, why does it matter if they elected to sleep in a running van, rather than in the cold when they were unable to get a wood stove for heat?

As I noted, there are people in Alaska, where it gets to 50 below zero, who live all year in the motorhomes. Is this a crime?

How the fuck do I know? I'm not the sheriff. Again where did anyone say exactly what the court's basis is and whether it's in the realm of reasonable or not? Another assumption?

This entire thread was built on one side's since-discredited propaganda. The OP jumped in with both feet, assuming their side was the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Assumptions like that just ain't gonna fly.

Don't know what "mmk" stands for either.

You don't have to be the sheriff, you just need to be someone who understands what a parents rights are, and that the state, CPS, CHFS, and Police are /all/ required to follow the law in that regard. The law clearly states that without a court order for temporary placement a police officer may /not/ remove the children unless there is imminent danger. That would be an illegal action if they did not have a ECO from a judge.

So you believe she mocked up a CHFS report containing their allegations (which I posted above) then put it on Facebook as part of what you believe is a scam?

mmk is a combination of okay and mmhmm

HOLY SHIT SON...

[...]
[...]

Read the links.

Not just the self-serving Alex Jones, FB and send your money to Go Fund Me links. Read the actual news links.

12 people, dogs, livestock - all together in a van?

No running water, no sanitation, not even an outhouse. News links in this or the other thread said the kids were hungry and malnourished.

Pogo wrote:
So they begged for a wood stove -- even though they have no walls -- and when that failed they put twelve people in a van.

You know what? I've got a really nice wood stove sitting in my garage right now that I would gladly give to needy family.

What I object to with this bunch is their stealing from the neighbors and threatening the neighbors with a gun if they didn't hand over what they demanded.

Then, to actually go on FB and Go Fund Me begging for money while refusing to do for themselves.

Also, they don't even own the land they're squatting on? Seriously?

The perfect RW heroes for sure.

What I object to with this bunch is their stealing from the neighbors and threatening the neighbors with a gun if they didn't hand over what they demanded.

Then, to actually go on FB and Go Fund Me begging for money while refusing to do for themselves.

I can agree with that first bit for sure.

Wait, they don't own the land? It's not a homestead as is reported by the media?

That aside, I merely question the "correctness" and the "danger" of saying that these things are /enough/ to take someone's children away, from anyone. I am not very fond of CPS, it's one of those necessary evils. However, I think it needs to be a /very/ serious problem before a parent looses their child(ren) and even though the conditions sound poor, I do not think they are so "dangerous" that this is necessary, yet...

Wait, they don't own the land? It's not a homestead as is reported by the media?

That aside, I merely question the "correctness" and the "danger" of saying that these things are /enough/ to take someone's children away, from anyone. I am not very fond of CPS, it's one of those necessary evils. However, I think it needs to be a /very/ serious problem before a parent looses their child(ren) and even though the conditions sound poor, I do not think they are so "dangerous" that this is necessary, yet...

The media hasn't described them as "homesteaders"-- THEY THEMSELVES did.

The media has virtually not mentioned this story at all. We've got as far as I know TWO pieces of actual media reports, one brought in from a TV station last night by Annie and one by me this afternoon. Everything before that was the echo-ring of those sterling kingpins of journalism, Alex Jones, Police State Daily, Off The Grid News and Medical Kidnap.com, ALL of them based on the Naugler's propaganda Nosebook page with no other info. That was the whole point of asking for legitimate news links all day yesterday.

The problem with CPS is that they're unfunded and understaffed.

The reason for that is that while we give lip service to caring about children, we really don't. There are always more pressing, more important issues that we spend tax dollars on.

The reason for that is that while we give lip service to caring about children, we really don't. There are always more pressing, more important issues that we spend tax dollars on.

Like bombs and drones and all that whizzo stuff that kills children much more efficiently.

I equate a lot of their work load to false/mistaken reports to be honest. Some are innocent and made by genuinely concerned people, but the issue they call about is only an issue in their mind - like a child getting a swat on the butt for throwing a temper tantrum made by someone who strongly believes that spanking is abusive. Or a child staying home alone at an age the person reporting doesn't feel is old enough.

There are also those vindictive people out there who, when involved in child custody cases, or divorce cases, or restraining orders, who will use CPS as a form of revenge, or attempted proof that they should get custody. A sad reality.

The recent county election results show the county has a slight Republican tilt. Still wondering where all these Progressives are at.

Kentucky Association of Counties - County Election Results

Furthermore, this shows a very different view of Sheriff Pate, man who a few years back rescued a six year old kid who was being kept in a closet and abused by his parents.

Sheriff Todd Pate on Saving Clayton - Video

He s Shaking The Handcuffs And The Boy Is Crying . . . - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

So I'm guessing there is more to the story than what Alex Jones is letting us know. . Shocking....

I don't know if this section of rural Kentucky is culturally like here in far western Carolina but around here there's a whole lot of incest that goes on. Rarely talked about. Again, just sayin'.

Another slanderous post that has nothing to do with the OP (trolling) meant to create a cloud of "incest suspicions" around this beautiful family.

Will the mod also allow this post to stand?

Of course they will.

According to the links already posted, the kids were sleeping under a tarp, there was no running water, no sanitation facilities, not even an outhouse.

We know that these kids had been living the way 99% of all humans have lived for the last 200,000 years.

I'm asking about the "gun threat." That's a slander by the neighbor and the MSM to justify the kidnapping.

I am holding anyone who makes that slanderous claim to the same level of rigid proof that I was held to by them earlier in the thread: Link a criminal conviction.

See, I'm not just going to let you guys make shit up that suits your agenda.

We know that these kids had been living the way 99% of all humans have lived for the last 200,000 years.

I'm asking about the "gun threat." That's a slander by the neighbor and the MSM to justify the kidnapping.

I am holding anyone who makes that slanderous claim to the same level of rigid proof that I was held to by them earlier in the thread: Link a criminal conviction.
So....that's what your positional defense boils down to.

Forum List

Back