Profits Are Not the Problem for Oil Companies

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
So tired of the usual nonsense from Democrats, they never actually offer anything but tax, tax, and more tax.

It is time that the Democratic Party be thrown onto the trash heap of history if we are to save America.

Senator Elizabeth Warren has an idea:

If she had opened the Wall Street Journal yesterday, she would have read the following:

Leaders of the fracking companies that helped make the U.S. the world’s top oil producer say they are responding to calls by the Biden administration and others to increase production after oil prices this week topped $130 a barrel and gasoline prices surged, threatening to dent the broader economy.

But the executives say that some investors, who felt burned after shale drillers gave priority to expansion over profits last decade and lost billions, are still concerned that the companies might spend too much if they return to rapid growth.

They also say that a flight of capital from the fossil-fuel industry in recent years has left U.S. oil patches without enough fracking equipment to bring a ton of new wells online, and that a resurgence of go-go drilling would deplete companies’ most valuable drilling locations. [emphasis added]

That’s right, oil companies are having a hard time attracting investors now because they were perceived to have supplied too much oil and made too low profits over the last ten years.

Most of America’s oil drilling is actually done by relatively small, independent firms, not by Big Oil. From the Independent Petroleum Association of America:

The U.S. Internal Revenue Code section 613A(d) defines an independent producer as a producer who does not have more than $5 million in retail sales of oil and gas in a year or who does not refine more than an average of 75,000 barrels per day of crude oil during a given year. There are about 9,000 independent oil and natural gas producers in the United States. These companies operate in 33 states and the offshore and employ an average of just 12 people.

Independent producers develop 91 percent of the wells in the United States – producing 83 percent of America’s oil and 90 percent of America’s natural gas.

These are not fat cats who should have their profits confiscated by the federal government.

Profits operate as a signal to investors, saying, “Send your money over here.” As these oil companies increased production even when oil prices were relatively low, they didn’t make huge profits. Now that oil prices have gone through the roof, profits will go up, which is great news for them because they desperately need more capital to produce more oil.

Why aren't your beloved oil companies drilling for more oil now on US soil OP?

They already have all they need to do so. There's nothing or no-one stopping them.

Meanwhile, Democrats have been working behind the scenes to get banks to not loan money for oil and NG development. And extremists in Congrees are pushing legislation to force banks to stop such lending.

Leading to this:

The Journal explains:

Small but instrumental players [are] short of the financing they need to repair fracking equipment sidelined during the start of the pandemic, or invest in building drill bits, drilling rigs and blowout preventers.

They already have all they need to do so. There's nothing or no-one stopping them.

Maybe you could read the OP? Then again, I am not responsible for your inability to comprehend it if you did read it.

Just a shortage of workers, equipment along with Permits thanks to Biden and company playing stupid communist games.

We only rely on 2% of Russian oil for our supply, and nothing else has changed. So why the spike in prices?

Read what Senator Warren said. It's taking advantage of a war to price gouge us all. Anyone remember 9/11? I do. And I remember getting gouged.

You Trumpsters are a clueless lot.

So tired of the usual nonsense from Democrats, they never actually offer anything but tax, tax, and more tax.

It is time that the Democratic Party be thrown onto the trash heap of history if we are to save America.

Senator Elizabeth Warren has an idea:

If she had opened the Wall Street Journal yesterday, she would have read the following:
That’s right, oil companies are having a hard time attracting investors now because they were perceived to have supplied too much oil and made too low profits over the last ten years.
Most of America’s oil drilling is actually done by relatively small, independent firms, not by Big Oil. From the Independent Petroleum Association of America:
These are not fat cats who should have their profits confiscated by the federal government.
Profits operate as a signal to investors, saying, “Send your money over here.” As these oil companies increased production even when oil prices were relatively low, they didn’t make huge profits. Now that oil prices have gone through the roof, profits will go up, which is great news for them because they desperately need more capital to produce more oil.

We can always count on Warren to be a stupid twat.

We only rely on 2% of Russian oil for our supply, and nothing else has changed. So why the spike in prices?

Read what Senator Warren said. It's taking advantage of a war to price gouge us all. Anyone remember 9/11? I do. And I remember getting gouged.

We only rely on 2% of Russian oil for our supply, and nothing else has changed.

Anyone else rely on Russian oil?

So why the spike in prices?

Maybe someone else wants to buy it?

Read what Senator Warren said. It's taking advantage of a war to price gouge us all.

Then you should sell it, instead of buying it. Clueless.

We only rely on 2% of Russian oil for our supply, and nothing else has changed.

Anyone else rely on Russian oil?

So why the spike in prices?

Maybe someone else wants to buy it?

Read what Senator Warren said. It's taking advantage of a war to price gouge us all.

Then you should sell it, instead of buying it. Clueless.

Let me give you some advice:

It's better to have people think you're a fool, then to begin typing and remove all doubt.

"We only rely on 2% of Russian oil for our supply, and nothing else has changed. So why the spike in prices?"

The spike in prices is because Joe Biden and his clueless followers launched a war against the U.S. energy sector on day one in order to placate the AOC wing of the party.

It's completely dishonest of Dimocrats to now attempt to run away from blame of what we're seeing at the gas pump.
They have fought the fossil fuel industry for years, and have made it as difficult and expensive to drill for oil as possible.

So i'm to believe our shill on the take Congress , who have bowed down to the Oilocracy for generations, is going to actually produce some sort of 'tax' leash for them?

~S~

Then why has gas prices along with everything else been going up since 2021? That's before the war in Ukraine Incase you didn't know.

In February 2022 inflation rates rose 7.9% over the previous 12 months.

People were warning of inflation in 2022 in 2022.

Again, before the Ukraine war.

On the campaign trail Biden said he would declare war of domestic fuel production. and he most certainly is doing so which is driving up our costs. He started doing so last year.

Forum List

Back