Problem With the Black Community

we do have to fight whoever we must fight and make demands to whoever we must make demands

That sounds like a terrible way to approach a job interview. Bosses don't like to hire people that want to fight with them. They prefer to hire people that will kiss their ass. Trust me. It works.

I am not taking about a job interview.

Oh boy now we have another one.

Yes we do.

And that just means we have another fool who is completely wrong about the things that cause the problems in the black community. Besides rich people have kids out of wedlock so then your assessment dies right here,

It happens. Some people are wrong. Some people are right. It happens everywhere. Get used to it.

Yep and you are wrong and I am right. Get used to it.
I just heard a story on NPR about the Detroit 60 riots. Johnson had a fact finding on what's wrong with the black community. They found the problem was whites and Johnson didn't release those findings.

Blacks were making great gains the first ten years after the civil rights the Reaganomics and sending jobs overseas set us all back. I apologize.

Yes most of us blacks know about the Kerner commission findings. Just like there are all other kinds of things we know about that have created the issues we are talking about now that are not fatherless homes.

Work harder to end white racism.

Whites don't have a problem with racism. Whites aren't going to lift a finger to end white racism. White people don't care about it at all. They are too self absorbed in their life of luxury to waste their time thinking about other problems.

Well if whites don't work harder to end white racism, they are in for hard times when they become a minority in the upcoming years.

Yes but a poor full time employed male marrying a poor full time employed female is not considered poverty. Minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. 40 hours a week is considered full time. Between the two of them they would be earning $30,160. This is not considered poverty.

There are lots of low paying jobs where I live. Companies love hard workers willing to work for low wages. You are going to have a hard time convincing me.

I believe if a person will get married and get any job no matter how crappy it is then they are magically not living in poverty anymore. Yes. Marriage does breaks the cycle of poverty instantaneously. By the way: Nice chart.

Well I think you are kidding yourself when you say you don't think fatherlessness is a problem in America.

The absence of fathers from the lives of children has drawn the attention of many respected world leaders, as well. For example, Pope Francis has spoken about the problem of men whose obsession with their work, their hobbies, their marital problems or other pastimes causes them to “forget even the family, neglecting their children … not playing with (them), and not spending time with (them).”

Fathers’ parenting failures and absences have significant social costs as well as long-term inter-generational consequences. As Pope Francis has warned, many of “[t]he transgressions of children and adolescents can be attributed to this neglect, to missing examples and authoritative guides in their daily life, the lack of closeness and love on the part of fathers.”

Yet fatherless in the U.S. remains at historic highs. According to a U.S. Census Bureau chart found on The Heritage Foundation's familyfacts.org, over forty percent (40%) of all children born in American in 2010 were born to unwed mothers. That means that from their birth, nearly half of all children are legally fatherless – with no father committed to them or to their families. For African-American children, the tragedy is even greater: 72.8 percent (72.8%) of Black children are born out of marriage.

The problem reduces but does not disappear as the child grows. Tragically, over one-quarter of all American children under age eighteen live with a single parent. Another U.S. Census Bureau chart on The Heritage Foundation's familyfacts.org shows that most of them – 23.6 percent (23.6%) of all American children – are living with their mother only. Only 68.9 percent (68.9%) of American children under age eighteen are living with both of their parents.

The relationship between fatherlessness and adolescent anti-social behavior and family structure has long been known. The respected Dr. Urie Bronfenbrenner, in his book “Rebuilding the Nest: A New Commitment to the American Family,” reported that even after controlling for such factors as low income, “children growing up in single-parent households are at a greater risk for experiencing a variety of behavioral and educational problems, including … criminal acts.”

The Plague of Fatherlessness

Let me give another example how marriage boosts your income further.

Single person asks for a raise. Boss will say no because he knows that the single person has to work. The boss might say yes but it his highly unlikely.

Married person asks for a raise. Boss will say yes because he has no idea how much money that employee's spouse has. The married employee might quit if the boss denies the raise. The boss might say no. It can happen. Let's work with the assumption that the boss says, "No".

Single person asks for a raise. Boss says, "No". The single person quits and finds another job. The single person has to get a job quick.

Married person asks for a raise. Boss says, "No". The married person quits and lives on their spouses income for a while. The married person isn't in a hurry to take a job. The married person can wait for a high paying job.

This process can be repeatedly every 5-10 years for each spouse. The potential of a married couple is more than double the potential of a single person. The married person can negotiate so much more effectively than a single person.

Everyone at work knows my home and car are paid off. I bet that affects how big my raises are. Those sons of bitches.

It does give you an advantage. When you ask for a raise they know you are capable of leaving.

If you already overpaid they may be glad you are leaving. Being in a strong financial position does make it easier to obtain a higher paying job. It sounds unfair but that is how the game is played.

I know how the game is played. I've employed people and given raises as well as been the one asking for the raise. Being married does not give you a stronger bargaining position.

Well I think you are kidding yourself when you say you don't think fatherlessness is a problem in America.

The absence of fathers from the lives of children has drawn the attention of many respected world leaders, as well. For example, Pope Francis has spoken about the problem of men whose obsession with their work, their hobbies, their marital problems or other pastimes causes them to “forget even the family, neglecting their children … not playing with (them), and not spending time with (them).”

Fathers’ parenting failures and absences have significant social costs as well as long-term inter-generational consequences. As Pope Francis has warned, many of “[t]he transgressions of children and adolescents can be attributed to this neglect, to missing examples and authoritative guides in their daily life, the lack of closeness and love on the part of fathers.”

Yet fatherless in the U.S. remains at historic highs. According to a U.S. Census Bureau chart found on The Heritage Foundation's familyfacts.org, over forty percent (40%) of all children born in American in 2010 were born to unwed mothers. That means that from their birth, nearly half of all children are legally fatherless – with no father committed to them or to their families. For African-American children, the tragedy is even greater: 72.8 percent (72.8%) of Black children are born out of marriage.

The problem reduces but does not disappear as the child grows. Tragically, over one-quarter of all American children under age eighteen live with a single parent. Another U.S. Census Bureau chart on The Heritage Foundation's familyfacts.org shows that most of them – 23.6 percent (23.6%) of all American children – are living with their mother only. Only 68.9 percent (68.9%) of American children under age eighteen are living with both of their parents.

The relationship between fatherlessness and adolescent anti-social behavior and family structure has long been known. The respected Dr. Urie Bronfenbrenner, in his book “Rebuilding the Nest: A New Commitment to the American Family,” reported that even after controlling for such factors as low income, “children growing up in single-parent households are at a greater risk for experiencing a variety of behavioral and educational problems, including … criminal acts.”

Single person asks for a raise. Boss will say no because he knows that the single person has to work. The boss might say yes but it his highly unlikely.

Married person asks for a raise. Boss will say yes because he has no idea how much money that employee's spouse has. The married employee might quit if the boss denies the raise. The boss might say no. It can happen. Let's work with the assumption that the boss says, "No".

Single person asks for a raise. Boss says, "No". The single person quits and finds another job. The single person has to get a job quick.

Married person asks for a raise. Boss says, "No". The married person quits and lives on their spouses income for a while. The married person isn't in a hurry to take a job. The married person can wait for a high paying job.

This process can be repeatedly every 5-10 years for each spouse. The potential of a married couple is more than double the potential of a single person. The married person can negotiate so much more effectively than a single person.

Everyone at work knows my home and car are paid off. I bet that affects how big my raises are. Those sons of bitches.

It does give you an advantage. When you ask for a raise they know you are capable of leaving.

If you already overpaid they may be glad you are leaving. Being in a strong financial position does make it easier to obtain a higher paying job. It sounds unfair but that is how the game is played.

I know how the game is played. I've employed people and given raises as well as been the one asking for the raise. Being married does not give you a stronger bargaining position.

I guess I am wrong again. Let me try to explain how I came to that conclusion.

Employees want to receive the highest wage possible. Employers want to pay the lowest wage possible.

If an employer wants to keep the employee then he has to pay the employee adequately.

If a person asks for a raise there is no reason to give them a raise. It costs the employer more money. The inclination is to say, "Hell no! Get back to work." The employer has to stop and think. "Is this good employee going to leave me?" "Do I care if this employee leaves?" If the employer doesn't care if the employee leaves or not then the employer will deny the raise without much discussion. If the employer wants to keep the employee then he has to decide whether that employee will leave or not.

That is why I think married people have more of an advantage.

The single person will not leave. They will just cry that they didn't get the raise then they will continue working at their current wage. It is safe for the employer to deny the raise for the single person.

The married person could leave or they might stay. The employer is taking a little bit of a risk by denying a raise to the married person. They could go home and live off of their spouses income for a long period of time. The single person doesn't have that luxury.

Employees want to receive the highest wage possible. Employers want to pay the lowest wage possible.

yes it does

Like I said, it does not.

Are you talking about a single man or a single woman? There are more women in poverty than men. I can entertain the argument that single men might have an advantage over married men. I'm not saying they do but I'd entertain the argument. If you tell me that single women have an advantage over married women then you are smoking a lot of illegal substances and I probably don't need to listen to anything you say on any subject.

I guess I am wrong again. Let me try to explain how I came to that conclusion.

If an employer wants to keep the employee then he has to pay the employee adequately.

If a person asks for a raise there is no reason to give them a raise. It costs the employer more money. The inclination is to say, "Hell no! Get back to work." The employer has to stop and think. "Is this good employee going to leave me?" "Do I care if this employee leaves?" If the employer doesn't care if the employee leaves or not then the employer will deny the raise without much discussion. If the employer wants to keep the employee then he has to decide whether that employee will leave or not.

That is why I think married people have more of an advantage.

The single person will not leave. They will just cry that they didn't get the raise then they will continue working at their current wage. It is safe for the employer to deny the raise for the single person.

The married person could leave or they might stay. The employer is taking a little bit of a risk by denying a raise to the married person. They could go home and live off of their spouses income for a long period of time. The single person doesn't have that luxury.

Ridiculous for many reasons. A married person has more bills and needs the two incomes. People are relying on them. I'm single I'll just leave. Nothing tieing me down.

yes it does

Are you talking about a single man or a single woman? There are more women in poverty than men. I can entertain the argument that single men might have an advantage over married men. I'm not saying they do but I'd entertain the argument. If you tell me that single women have an advantage over married women then you are smoking a lot of illegal substances and I probably don't need to listen to anything you say on any subject.
You are wrong!!! My brother turned down the vp position because he has a family. They ended up going with this woman who has no kids. No woman with kids could or would take that job unless they don't want to see them for four years.

Single men and women are more dedicated to their careers. We don't run out the door at 5. We don't call in sick as often or have to leave early to pick up the kids.

yes it does

You are wrong!!! My brother turned down the vp position because he has a family. They ended up going with this woman who has no kids. No woman with kids could or would take that job unless they don't want to see them for four years.

Single men and women are more dedicated to their careers. We don't run out the door at 5. We don't call in sick as often or have to leave early to pick up the kids.

I'm open to hear arguments that single men as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than single men. I'm still not convinced but I give credibility to your argument. It is pretty strong.

You are high on cocaine if you expect me to believe single women as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than married women as a whole.

There is a huge hole in your argument though that you might not have noticed. Your brother was offered the vp position. :razz:

yes it does

I'm open to hear arguments that single men as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than single men. I'm still not convinced but I give credibility to your argument. It is pretty strong.

You are high on cocaine if you expect me to believe single women as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than married women as a whole.

There is a huge hole in your argument though that you might not have noticed. Your brother was offered the vp position. :razz:

But marriage would not be why single women would be more apt to live in poverty. Sexism would be the primary cause.

yes it does

You don't factor in sexism and this is the major problem white men have specifically. You want to pretend all else is the same when they are not. So really you are the one no one needs to listen to.

yes it does

My advice to anyone poor and that includes 18 year old sealybobo, don't get married or have kids while you are still poor. I know that used to be ok in America because corporations paid the masses a livable wage. Today you need a degree or some kind of training to get a good job. if you have kids you have to pay for pre School, sports, braces, healthcare, toys and Xbox, clothes, dinner x however many kids you have, cellphones, etc.

So I don't know why anyone single has to live in poverty. You can go anywhere and do anything.

I love hearing my uncle tell me how he built his fortune. His start didn't include kids and a wife. You can't save for your first restaurant washing dishes if you have mouths to feed.

yes it does

You don't factor in sexism and this is the major problem white men have specifically. You want to pretend all else is the same when they are not. So really you are the one no one needs to listen to.

That is fair. I have come to the conclusion that people are better off remaining single. Thanks for the insight. Everything you say is 100% correct. I'm only 84% correct with the things I say. You have me beat every time.

You were right on this subject but be careful, I might be right next time.

yes it does

That is fair. I have come to the conclusion that people are better off remaining single. Thanks for the insight. Everything you say is 100% correct. I'm only 84% correct with the things I say. You have me beat every time.

You were right on this subject but be careful, I might be right next time.

I am not going to say I am 100 percent right, and I don't have a problem with you being right at any time.

yes it does

My advice to anyone poor and that includes 18 year old sealybobo, don't get married or have kids while you are still poor. I know that used to be ok in America because corporations paid the masses a livable wage. Today you need a degree or some kind of training to get a good job. if you have kids you have to pay for pre School, sports, braces, healthcare, toys and Xbox, clothes, dinner x however many kids you have, cellphones, etc.

So I don't know why anyone single has to live in poverty. You can go anywhere and do anything.

I love hearing my uncle tell me how he built his fortune. His start didn't include kids and a wife. You can't save for your first restaurant washing dishes if you have mouths to feed.

That's dumb advice. Don't fall in love if you are poor. Not going to work.

IM2 is very ignorant, but he is here spewing insane White-Phobic stuff so we can see how deranged near humans are after brainwashing by the establisment.

In 2008 a black man was elected POTUS. In 2009 the ACA was passed. Why didn't black people show up to vote in the 2010 midterms? Particularly poor black people. Don't blame the democrats for black people not showing up in 2010. Don't say the Democrats let you down. YALL let them/us down.

White people didn't vote in 2010. Shut the fuck up.
Rich ones did.

I don't feel any differently about poor white people than I do poor black people. I just think the poor black community has it a lot worse and the poor white community seems to be happy being poor and ignorant.

I don't thing any group of people are happy with being poor and ignorant.......I just think they learn to cope with life and make the best of what they have.
Well, you're not coping very well. Now you know.

According to who? You? Ha!
Ask anyone here.

Forum List

Back