Problem With the Black Community

You miss a whole lot of what goes on in Detroit. You need to end you fakeness. You are a racist, and what's worse is that you think we need your paternalism. That paternalism is the main problem that helped create the situation in Detroit and you have been shown that.

We black folks don't need to hear your opinion of what we need to do in order to "improve". Your opinion of how blacks aren't doing what we need to do is wrong, but you won't put it down no matter how much you get shown how wrong it is. Because of that you would be told that you take your ass to the white community and work to end the racism.
OMG I came here to be nice, explain how I realize I'm wrong, and give props to AKIP for explaining it so well. And to tell you that all I wanted was an explanation. Not that you owe me one but if you want white liberals to continue to agree and defend the black community when whites say the things I was thinking, I'll know how to defend them. You cock sucker! You're part of the problem! AKIP did a great job helping me wrap my brain around it. You don't need me? Fuck you. I still don't agree with reverse racists like you because you aren't able to articulate your position. You aren't able to admit "they" are part of the problem.

Well the simple answer was "don't you think we are trying?" That's all I would have needed to hear and I would have stopped arguing with you.

This my reverse racist chip on the shoulder victim mentality friend, is why we don't have an honest discussion about racism in America. Even anonymously it's hard. Not enough AKIP's and Sealybobo's out there who just want to have an honest discussion. And I love it here because I can't be offended and I don't care if I've offended you.

I am not a racist, you stupid prick. Look up the definition. Do I think I'm better than all blacks? No. Obama is a much better man than I'll ever be. So I'm just a prejudice bastard. We all are. Even you. So quit being a little bitch and realize I'm just trying to figure out my arguments because that Trump bullshit, "black people, what do you have to lose?" is pissing me off. And blacks saying that the Democrats let them down. Fuck you. You didn't show up to midterms and gave Republicans more seats. YOU let you down bro.

And I especially get pissed when Republicans here put the black community on us liberals. So I feel obligated to look at the problem of Chicago and Detroit and us white liberals/democrats have to be honest, your communities are embarrassing. Even to the rest of the world. Do a little better and clean it up a little faster please. AKIP said you're trying. Well try harder! From our conversations I see you are resistant to changing a few thing.

A. Fathering your kids
B. Taking school more seriously
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up
F. Stop having kids you can't afford

If you do this maybe racists whites will take you more seriously.

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

I kind of detect some resentment from you in regards to black voter turnout. I am not sure that you want blacks to turnout more for their benefit....OR FOR YOURS! Your interest as a liberal is threatened if blacks don't come out in strong numbers, because the democrats are not viable without the black vote. Its akin to a team sport like basketball. If you want to win and other starters are slacking off.......the person on the team trying to win will get pissed off by their lack of effort. That is how you come across. You are the player that wants the democrats to win, but you do not see blacks as doing their part to get the victory.....and hence you are pissed off at them.

The black players are not playing their hardest because their interest do not get paid the same. There is an old saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"? Blacks are not going to vote for republicans for the most part. Any novice political strategist would realize this. Hence, the Democrats do not offer blacks anything other than protection from Republicans.

We are not voting for something, in a vote for democrats, as much as we are voting against the republicans getting into office. However, blacks have realized that Democrats have shifted more to the right the last 50 years. Blacks are solidly left of center while democrats have moved more towards to the center......then you wonder why blacks do not show up to vote? This is a representative republic. Politicians are voted in to represent the interest of the people who voted. What democrats see as "black interest" is simply keeping out the republicans, while offering specific policies for other interest groups under the democratic umbrella. Here is the conundrum. Democrats cannot attract the white swing voters/independents if the party caters to much to black interest and rhetoric. Thus, the party has moved away from black interest in order to attract more white voters and then giving blacks "protection" from republicans instead of specific policies aimed out our interest and needs. Then you wonder why blacks are not turning out. Yes....blacks turned out for Obama because it was historic and it implicitly gave blacks hope that finally the party would address our interest....TOO. It did not happen though.....because he had to overcompensate away from black interest or whites would not have voted for him like they were.

All that being said, just how do you suppose black people complete your list? Things on that list requires social engineering and in order to have social engineering you need CONTROL of laws, the Media, the Schools etc. Society is socially engineered by creating laws and giving tax incentives and creating media programming to reflect a vision and direction for society. Blacks as 13% of the population cannot control laws, the media or the schools through the political process and we certainly do not have the money to buy the influence. Whites are the only demographic that has the numbers and dollars to shape laws, the media and schools and socially engineer the society based upon their interest and needs. Blacks do not have that ability. You can go to any black church on Sunday and hear the preacher telling blacks to step up and be fathers, stop the violence, etc, etc. Preaching it is not powerful enough to make it happen. It has to be socially engineered through laws, taxes and the media....which blacks do not have control over.

You made excellent points. This "list" is full of holes, but sealybobo won't shut up.

For example brother Ta Nehesi Coates pointed out several years ago that married black couples are having less kids. Not that blacks are just purposefully having kids out of wedlock. If married blacks had more children the issue of illegitimacy would not exist. After all this is the argument, that the majority of black children are born illegitimate. So then if the number of kids to married couples increased, the rate of children born illegitimately would decrease. So how are we going to force married black couples to have more children?

This is one of the many holes in the argument made here by sealybobo. Yet he continues thinking he has some message we need to hear. He doesn't.

Your post hit the nail on the head relative to why blacks vote democratic and why we don't always turn out to vote. That's another hole in his argument. Thank you.

No....thank YOU! It always amazes me how people who do not live in the community and who cannot empathize.....think that they know more about what our community needs and what are community hears than people living it. Most black people that are 30 or more years old was raised being told that we had to work twice as hard as whites to get the same things as whites. We were not told to not work hard, to have children out of wedlock, to not take school seriously, etc, etc. Obviously there are forces out of are control.....as the rate of white out of wedlock births has actually risen faster over the last 50 years than it has for blacks. The ship that we are in socially, morally and economically, called America, is sinking. Blacks are getting soaked a lot more because the legacy of racism, plus current racism, has us disproportionately on the lower deck. We are not in control of the ship.......yet he thinks we should be able to control our fate without the ability to control the ship. Whites have not figured it out either......or there rate of having kids out of wedlock would not have increased exponentially. While they are comforted by looking down at us......THEY ARE SINKING TOO. However, I guess as long as we as black people drown first.....they are satisfied because they come out superior by dying second....lol.

Or black people who are not married could stop having so many kids?

Like I said, no matter how much this idiot gets shown that his assertions are not the way things are, he just keeps repeating them.

Worry about whites having kids who aren't married and shut the fuck up. You have been shown that those rates are growing faster than anyone else.

I don't understand how a group of people who have so many problems can ignore those problems then think they can lecture everyone else.

Sometimes I see blacks in Detroit doing things to try and reach out to the kids, to lower crime, to beatify the neighborhood, to confront the drug dealers and to reach out to the police. Makes me have hope.

You miss a whole lot of what goes on in Detroit. You need to end you fakeness. You are a racist, and what's worse is that you think we need your paternalism. That paternalism is the main problem that helped create the situation in Detroit and you have been shown that.

We black folks don't need to hear your opinion of what we need to do in order to "improve". Your opinion of how blacks aren't doing what we need to do is wrong, but you won't put it down no matter how much you get shown how wrong it is. Because of that you would be told that you take your ass to the white community and work to end the racism.
OMG I came here to be nice, explain how I realize I'm wrong, and give props to AKIP for explaining it so well. And to tell you that all I wanted was an explanation. Not that you owe me one but if you want white liberals to continue to agree and defend the black community when whites say the things I was thinking, I'll know how to defend them. You cock sucker! You're part of the problem! AKIP did a great job helping me wrap my brain around it. You don't need me? Fuck you. I still don't agree with reverse racists like you because you aren't able to articulate your position. You aren't able to admit "they" are part of the problem.

Well the simple answer was "don't you think we are trying?" That's all I would have needed to hear and I would have stopped arguing with you.

This my reverse racist chip on the shoulder victim mentality friend, is why we don't have an honest discussion about racism in America. Even anonymously it's hard. Not enough AKIP's and Sealybobo's out there who just want to have an honest discussion. And I love it here because I can't be offended and I don't care if I've offended you.

I am not a racist, you stupid prick. Look up the definition. Do I think I'm better than all blacks? No. Obama is a much better man than I'll ever be. So I'm just a prejudice bastard. We all are. Even you. So quit being a little bitch and realize I'm just trying to figure out my arguments because that Trump bullshit, "black people, what do you have to lose?" is pissing me off. And blacks saying that the Democrats let them down. Fuck you. You didn't show up to midterms and gave Republicans more seats. YOU let you down bro.

And I especially get pissed when Republicans here put the black community on us liberals. So I feel obligated to look at the problem of Chicago and Detroit and us white liberals/democrats have to be honest, your communities are embarrassing. Even to the rest of the world. Do a little better and clean it up a little faster please. AKIP said you're trying. Well try harder! From our conversations I see you are resistant to changing a few thing.

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

I kind of detect some resentment from you in regards to black voter turnout. I am not sure that you want blacks to turnout more for their benefit....OR FOR YOURS! Your interest as a liberal is threatened if blacks don't come out in strong numbers, because the democrats are not viable without the black vote. Its akin to a team sport like basketball. If you want to win and other starters are slacking off.......the person on the team trying to win will get pissed off by their lack of effort. That is how you come across. You are the player that wants the democrats to win, but you do not see blacks as doing their part to get the victory.....and hence you are pissed off at them.

The black players are not playing their hardest because their interest do not get paid the same. There is an old saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"? Blacks are not going to vote for republicans for the most part. Any novice political strategist would realize this. Hence, the Democrats do not offer blacks anything other than protection from Republicans.

We are not voting for something, in a vote for democrats, as much as we are voting against the republicans getting into office. However, blacks have realized that Democrats have shifted more to the right the last 50 years. Blacks are solidly left of center while democrats have moved more towards to the center......then you wonder why blacks do not show up to vote? This is a representative republic. Politicians are voted in to represent the interest of the people who voted. What democrats see as "black interest" is simply keeping out the republicans, while offering specific policies for other interest groups under the democratic umbrella. Here is the conundrum. Democrats cannot attract the white swing voters/independents if the party caters to much to black interest and rhetoric. Thus, the party has moved away from black interest in order to attract more white voters and then giving blacks "protection" from republicans instead of specific policies aimed out our interest and needs. Then you wonder why blacks are not turning out. Yes....blacks turned out for Obama because it was historic and it implicitly gave blacks hope that finally the party would address our interest....TOO. It did not happen though.....because he had to overcompensate away from black interest or whites would not have voted for him like they were.

All that being said, just how do you suppose black people complete your list? Things on that list requires social engineering and in order to have social engineering you need CONTROL of laws, the Media, the Schools etc. Society is socially engineered by creating laws and giving tax incentives and creating media programming to reflect a vision and direction for society. Blacks as 13% of the population cannot control laws, the media or the schools through the political process and we certainly do not have the money to buy the influence. Whites are the only demographic that has the numbers and dollars to shape laws, the media and schools and socially engineer the society based upon their interest and needs. Blacks do not have that ability. You can go to any black church on Sunday and hear the preacher telling blacks to step up and be fathers, stop the violence, etc, etc. Preaching it is not powerful enough to make it happen. It has to be socially engineered through laws, taxes and the media....which blacks do not have control over.

You made excellent points. This "list" is full of holes, but sealybobo won't shut up.

For example brother Ta Nehesi Coates pointed out several years ago that married black couples are having less kids. Not that blacks are just purposefully having kids out of wedlock. If married blacks had more children the issue of illegitimacy would not exist. After all this is the argument, that the majority of black children are born illegitimate. So then if the number of kids to married couples increased, the rate of children born illegitimately would decrease. So how are we going to force married black couples to have more children?

This is one of the many holes in the argument made here by sealybobo. Yet he continues thinking he has some message we need to hear. He doesn't.

Your post hit the nail on the head relative to why blacks vote democratic and why we don't always turn out to vote. That's another hole in his argument. Thank you.

No....thank YOU! It always amazes me how people who do not live in the community and who cannot empathize.....think that they know more about what our community needs and what are community hears than people living it. Most black people that are 30 or more years old was raised being told that we had to work twice as hard as whites to get the same things as whites. We were not told to not work hard, to have children out of wedlock, to not take school seriously, etc, etc. Obviously there are forces out of are control.....as the rate of white out of wedlock births has actually risen faster over the last 50 years than it has for blacks. The ship that we are in socially, morally and economically, called America, is sinking. Blacks are getting soaked a lot more because the legacy of racism, plus current racism, has us disproportionately on the lower deck. We are not in control of the ship.......yet he thinks we should be able to control our fate without the ability to control the ship. Whites have not figured it out either......or there rate of having kids out of wedlock would not have increased exponentially. While they are comforted by looking down at us......THEY ARE SINKING TOO. However, I guess as long as we as black people drown first.....they are satisfied because they come out superior by dying second....lol.

Trust me, I'm not in control of the ship either.

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

That's not the attitude you have potrayed to us.

Sometimes I see blacks in Detroit doing things to try and reach out to the kids, to lower crime, to beatify the neighborhood, to confront the drug dealers and to reach out to the police. Makes me have hope.

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

Then blacks need to show up and vote for a black guy, EVERY TWO YEARS!!! That's what Jill Stein and Gary Johnson did. They ran as libertarians and green party. It didn't matter if they didn't stand a chance, as long as they got enough votes nationally then they got more money and more power.

So then I would advise blacks to stop voting Democratic. Just run a black guy and call it the BLM party and if all the blacks nationwide vote for this person, he or she will get a lot more money power and influence. Then you'll see both parties trying to cater to this brother or sister.

Like a Ralph Nader or Ross Perot. Blacks need a black candidate to fuck with the two parties.

A "black candidate" would no longer be historic. Blacks did not vote for Obama in high turnout because Obama was black, but rather, because he was Democrat and there had never been a black president . If he were a republican he would not have gotten more than 20% of the black vote (which debunks the claim that blacks voted for him because he is black). Now that we have had a black president, there is no reason to turn out any more so than if the candidate was white. Detroit has Mike Duggan as mayor. He will probably win the next Democratic Primary over Coleman Young Jr....who is black and the son of Detroit's first and most popular black mayor. Its not about color of the candidate....but the color of the impact of the policies. Mike Duggan will get the majority of the black vote because they will associate the optics of the downtown turnaround and a solvent city government with the white mayor (its a false causation....however). Black Detroit just want things to get better......I know because I am an ex Detroiter.

The same thing is true nationally. We have always had to vote for white candidates so voting for whites is no big deal. We just want someone to address our issues in the degree that we experience them.

Detroiters did vote for skin color up until Mike Duggan. They ALMOST voted out Kwami in his second run but because he was black and played the race card they gave him a second term. Kwami used race to rally support so did Coleman Young. Coleman young was constantly playing the race card. Now before you say it I agree with you that he was fighting for Detroiters and against the racist white suburbs. But they also played the race card a lot. IMO.

I didn't know you were a former Detroiter. Me too!

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

That's not the attitude you have potrayed to us.

I'm just talking a lot of shit. You guys are setting me straight don't worry.

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

Then blacks need to show up and vote for a black guy, EVERY TWO YEARS!!! That's what Jill Stein and Gary Johnson did. They ran as libertarians and green party. It didn't matter if they didn't stand a chance, as long as they got enough votes nationally then they got more money and more power.

So then I would advise blacks to stop voting Democratic. Just run a black guy and call it the BLM party and if all the blacks nationwide vote for this person, he or she will get a lot more money power and influence. Then you'll see both parties trying to cater to this brother or sister.

Like a Ralph Nader or Ross Perot. Blacks need a black candidate to fuck with the two parties.

A "black candidate" would no longer be historic. Blacks did not vote for Obama in high turnout because Obama was black, but rather, because he was Democrat and there had never been a black president . If he were a republican he would not have gotten more than 20% of the black vote (which debunks the claim that blacks voted for him because he is black). Now that we have had a black president, there is no reason to turn out any more so than if the candidate was white. Detroit has Mike Duggan as mayor. He will probably win the next Democratic Primary over Coleman Young Jr....who is black and the son of Detroit's first and most popular black mayor. Its not about color of the candidate....but the color of the impact of the policies. Mike Duggan will get the majority of the black vote because they will associate the optics of the downtown turnaround and a solvent city government with the white mayor (its a false causation....however). Black Detroit just want things to get better......I know because I am an ex Detroiter.

The same thing is true nationally. We have always had to vote for white candidates so voting for whites is no big deal. We just want someone to address our issues in the degree that we experience them.

Detroiters did vote for skin color up until Mike Duggan. They ALMOST voted out Kwami in his second run but because he was black and played the race card they gave him a second term. Kwami used race to rally support so did Coleman Young. Coleman young was constantly playing the race card. Now before you say it I agree with you that he was fighting for Detroiters and against the racist white suburbs. But they also played the race card a lot. IMO.

Sealybobo, whites have played the race card since 1776. Detroit had been voting by race long before Kilpatrick or even Colman Young. When you start understanding how long whites have done this, then talk to us about voting for skin color.

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

Again.....you know this how? If black people vote based upon skin color.....then it would not matter if the black person running is democrat or republican, they would get the same percentage of the black vote. Is that what you see happening?. Do blacks support Ben Carson? Does than not debunk your claims?

Black people vote their interest......PERIOD. If a white person can represent black interest and address them they will get more of the black vote than a black candidate like Ben Carson. If Ben Carson ran against Mike Duggan.......Ben Carson would lose and not only is he black......but he is an ex Detroiter too.

IM2 is right. You don't know much about the black reality.

Wow....obviously you have black people all figured out....lol. Just like you probably once thought we were all followers of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton....lol

Good one!

In 2008 a black man was elected POTUS. In 2009 the ACA was passed. Why didn't black people show up to vote in the 2010 midterms? Particularly poor black people. Don't blame the democrats for black people not showing up in 2010. Don't say the Democrats let you down. YALL let them/us down.

White people didn't vote in 2010. Shut the fuck up.
Rich ones did.

I don't feel any differently about poor white people than I do poor black people. I just think the poor black community has it a lot worse and the poor white community seems to be happy being poor and ignorant.

I don't thing any group of people are happy with being poor and ignorant.......I just think they learn to cope with life and make the best of what they have.
Well, you're not coping very well. Now you know.

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

Again.....you know this how? If black people vote based upon skin color.....then it would not matter if the black person running is democrat or republican, they would get the same percentage of the black vote. Is that what you see happening?. Do blacks support Ben Carson? Does than not debunk your claims?

Black people vote their interest......PERIOD. If a white person can represent black interest and address them they will get more of the black vote than a black candidate like Ben Carson. If Ben Carson ran against Mike Duggan.......Ben Carson would lose and not only is he black......but he is an ex Detroiter too.

This is all part of how whites assess a double standard on us.

Good one!

In 2008 a black man was elected POTUS. In 2009 the ACA was passed. Why didn't black people show up to vote in the 2010 midterms? Particularly poor black people. Don't blame the democrats for black people not showing up in 2010. Don't say the Democrats let you down. YALL let them/us down.

White people didn't vote in 2010. Shut the fuck up.
Rich ones did.

I don't feel any differently about poor white people than I do poor black people. I just think the poor black community has it a lot worse and the poor white community seems to be happy being poor and ignorant.

I don't thing any group of people are happy with being poor and ignorant.......I just think they learn to cope with life and make the best of what they have.
Well, you're not coping very well. Now you know.

According to who? You? Ha!

My strict Greek parents say the shit I'm saying to you to all Americans. Women having babies out of wedlock. Men not being fathers. No wonder the country is going to shit.

So I know about human reality. I just didn't realize it didn't apply to black people. Makes sense to me that if you want to get ahead you have to study. People in poor areas who don't take school seriously are not going to get ahead. So then you are stuck waiting for white people to bring economic opportunity?

The reason I know you guys are right is because Ford, GM & Chrysler hired a lot of black people and it went a long way as far as fixing what ailed the black community. But now those jobs are gone so just like in the white community poverty has gone up, crime, etc. So I get what you guys are saying that the same shit would happen to white people if they were subjected to the same thing blacks are subjected too.

IM2 keeps going at me and that's making me go at him but I'm trying to walk back all the comments I've made. I realize where I am wrong.

And you said it yesterday. You're trying. You're doing the best you can with the conditions you are in.

That really hit home with me when you said, "How would I respond if I were living in an all black country where they treated me like a second class citizen. I get it. Sorry. And realize I'm just trying to get to a solution. For decades I made the arguments you are making to racist whites. We need to invest more. Reparations. Affirmative Action. Quotas to make sure corporations are not discriminating. Discrimination laws. Fair Housing. Equally fund poor black schools the same $ you give to every student in white public schools.

And IM2, I'm not a racist because I realize I'm wrong. And I never claimed all black people are inferior. I'm simply asking the questions all whites are wondering.

I'm just hoping blacks make more of a push to root out things like fatherlessness. I think it's a HUGE part of what's wrong with the black community. And don't give me that shit that because middle class blacks are having less kids, it's making it look like single parent homes are a bigger problem than they actually are. That's a cop out. Regardless of color, poor single moms having babies they can't afford and don't know how to raise, is a huge fucking problem in America. If it weren't for these women I doubt the black community would have any problem at all.

A. Fathering your kids
C. Dropping Eubonics
D. Make up with the cops
E. Pull your pants up

Oh I almost forgot,

G. VOTE!

Or black people who are not married could stop having so many kids?

Like I said, no matter how much this idiot gets shown that his assertions are not the way things are, he just keeps repeating them.

Worry about whites having kids who aren't married and shut the fuck up. You have been shown that those rates are growing faster than anyone else.

I don't understand how a group of people who have so many problems can ignore those problems then think they can lecture everyone else.

That's because my assertions aren't completely wrong. AKIP basically told me that the black community already knows what they need to work on and they are working on it best they can. I may disagree that this is the best they can but I at least can respect his response. And I agree. I just wish the message was pushed harder. PSA's on TV and shit. Billboards when you are driving down 96 or the Lodge.

Your fucking response was that there isn't a problem. So either you are in denial or not being intellectually honest here.

The other thing you are arguing is that it isn't their fault. I can agree somewhat with that but show me any person no matter what color they are and I can help them succeed and achieve in life. If I were their father and they took my advice, they'd be fine. Take the little baby who was just born in the hood to a poor single mom. She's on welfare and the father isn't around. To me this is the hardest situation for an American to be in. The schools suck, the parents of their friends suck, high crime, no social programs, no sports, no afterschool activities, no one telling them to do their homework. So what does this person have to do to succeed? You're saying there is nothing they should do that they are doomed to fail. That the deck is stacked against them. So you have victim mentality. Well what can whitey do for this kid? Better schools, safer neighborhoods, hire their mom so she can afford to raise a child, etc. I agree with all that. But what if they government doesn't do any of those things. You still have to worry about your kid. So my advice would be move? Make sure your kid is one of the kids who are actually studying and taking school seriously? Be more strict? I know its not an easy fix but it is fixable.

I give poor whites the exact same advice. The problem with the black community is poverty. I don't give blacks who are not in poverty any advice. So no double standard.

Did I tell you about my moms sister who got knocked up by a shit head in high school? No one did that back in the 60's. She humiliated my grandfather. Today what she did was no big deal. And she didn't do a good job raising them. So her daughter did it too. She didn't do a good job raising him. And he got some slut pregnant and we are trying to break the cycle by giving her the same advice I'm giving blacks living in poverty. What's the problem?

My strict Greek parents say the shit I'm saying to you to all Americans. Women having babies out of wedlock. Men not being fathers. No wonder the country is going to shit.

So I know about human reality. I just didn't realize it didn't apply to black people. Makes sense to me that if you want to get ahead you have to study. People in poor areas who don't take school seriously are not going to get ahead. So then you are stuck waiting for white people to bring economic opportunity?

The reason I know you guys are right is because Ford, GM & Chrysler hired a lot of black people and it went a long way as far as fixing what ailed the black community. But now those jobs are gone so just like in the white community poverty has gone up, crime, etc. So I get what you guys are saying that the same shit would happen to white people if they were subjected to the same thing blacks are subjected too.

IM2 keeps going at me and that's making me go at him but I'm trying to walk back all the comments I've made. I realize where I am wrong.

And you said it yesterday. You're trying. You're doing the best you can with the conditions you are in.

That really hit home with me when you said, "How would I respond if I were living in an all black country where they treated me like a second class citizen. I get it. Sorry. And realize I'm just trying to get to a solution. For decades I made the arguments you are making to racist whites. We need to invest more. Reparations. Affirmative Action. Quotas to make sure corporations are not discriminating. Discrimination laws. Fair Housing. Equally fund poor black schools the same $ you give to every student in white public schools.

And IM2, I'm not a racist because I realize I'm wrong. And I never claimed all black people are inferior. I'm simply asking the questions all whites are wondering.

I'm just hoping blacks make more of a push to root out things like fatherlessness. I think it's a HUGE part of what's wrong with the black community. And don't give me that shit that because middle class blacks are having less kids, it's making it look like single parent homes are a bigger problem than they actually are. That's a cop out. Regardless of color, poor single moms having babies they can't afford and don't know how to raise, is a huge fucking problem in America. If it weren't for these women I doubt the black community would have any problem at all.

Faithlessness is not as big as a problem as you think it is. The statistic reflects single women who have kids. That is not synonymous with "fatherless". I know of plenty of kids who are raised living with their father and mother, but fall under the statistic of children without a father ONLY because the static associates being a father with being married. Thus, statistically, if you are not married your kids are "fatherless". The truth is that many couples just live together for a long time. Another truth is even if the biological father is absent, another male is likely in the women's life. Also, there are many European countries with the rate of children born out of wedlock exceeds 50%, including France, Denmark and others. I hardly see these societies falling apart from "faithlessness" as is said to be the culprit among AA. This is from 2009...obviously those rates are higher now.

db18_Fig_6.png

Marriage and fatherless is not the issue. The issue, like IM2 noted, is the lack of real economic opportunity and divestment. A poor unemployed male marrying a poor unemployed female and raising their children does not pull the children out of poverty. What sort of role model would the unemployed father be for the child? What if the father is a drug dealer or gang banger and marries. What type of image template is he providing by his lifestyle? Being around for the kids to see assumes that the image is a positive one. A negative father is not better than no father at all when emulating the father only leads to the same behavior and life of the father. Thus, the issue is really broken down individuals without hope or opportunity. Broken down individuals, whether single or married, will have dysfunctional kids. You repair broken down individuals with REAL economic opportunity. Many blacks have been broken down as a legacy of dealing with racial oppression.

That having been said.......implicit in your comments is the assumption of black inferiority. You keep saying that you wish blacks would work harder on these issue or work faster. In other words, you seem to be suggesting that blacks are not meeting expectations. Who set the bar of those expectations? How fast does it take to recover from racial oppression while living in the land and with the oppressors? You seem to believe that blacks are under performing in this exercise.....but who has gone through what we have gone through, in time and place, to set the standard for recovery? Again....the black condition is par for the course of humanity. Its not an inferior or superior condition....given what blacks went through, meaning any race would be in the same boat today as blacks, if the roles were the same. You do not fundamentally believe that though....and it shows.....and that is what angers IM2 because he can clearly see this, as will as I, but you cannot.

Last edited:
A poor unemployed male marrying a poor unemployed female and raising their children does not pull the children out of poverty.

Yes but a poor full time employed male marrying a poor full time employed female is not considered poverty. Minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. 40 hours a week is considered full time. Between the two of them they would be earning $30,160. This is not considered poverty.

There are lots of low paying jobs where I live. Companies love hard workers willing to work for low wages. You are going to have a hard time convincing me.

I believe if a person will get married and get any job no matter how crappy it is then they are magically not living in poverty anymore. Yes. Marriage does breaks the cycle of poverty instantaneously. By the way: Nice chart.

A poor unemployed male marrying a poor unemployed female and raising their children does not pull the children out of poverty.

Yes but a poor full time employed male marrying a poor full time employed female is not considered poverty. Minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. 40 hours a week is considered full time. Between the two of them they would be earning $30,160. This is not considered poverty.

There are lots of low paying jobs where I live. Companies love hard workers willing to work for low wages. You are going to have a hard time convincing me.

I believe if a person will get married and get any job no matter how crappy it is then they are magically not living in poverty anymore. Yes. Marriage does breaks the cycle of poverty instantaneously. By the way: Nice chart.

The poverty rate is dynamic. Its based upon the number of children. If you have a family of 4, 30k is poverty. Furthermore, you can have the same situation and NOT be married, but simply living together. In other words, the marriage did not CREATE the income.

Faithlessness is not as big as a problem as you think it is. The statistic reflects single women who have kids. That is not synonymous with "fatherless". I know of plenty of kids who are raised living with their father and mother, but fall under the statistic of children without a father ONLY because the static associates being a father with being married. Thus, statistically, if you are not married your kids are "fatherless". The truth is that many couples just live together for a long time. Another truth is even if the biological father is absent, another male is likely in the women's life. Also, there are many European countries with the rate of children born out of wedlock exceeds 50%, including France, Denmark and others. I hardly see these societies falling apart from "faithlessness" as is said to be the culprit among AA. This is from 2009...obviously those rates are higher now.

db18_Fig_6.png

Marriage and fatherless is not the issue. The issue, like IM2 noted, is the lack of real economic opportunity and divestment. A poor unemployed male marrying a poor unemployed female and raising their children does not pull the children out of poverty. What sort of role model would the unemployed father be for the child? What if the father is a drug dealer or gang banger and marries. What type of image template is he providing by his lifestyle? Being around for the kids to see assumes that the image is a positive one. A negative father is not better than no father at all when emulating the father only leads to the same behavior and life of the father. Thus, the issue is really broken down individuals without hope or opportunity. Broken down individuals, whether single or married, will have dysfunctional kids. You repair broken down individuals with REAL economic opportunity. Many blacks have been broken down as a legacy of dealing with racial oppression.

That having been said.......implicit in your comments is the assumption of black inferiority. You keep saying that you wish blacks would work harder on these issue or work faster. In other words, you seem to be suggesting that blacks are not meeting expectations. Who set the bar of those expectations? How fast does it take to recover from racial oppression while living in the land and with the oppressors? You seem to believe that blacks are under performing in this exercise.....but who has gone through what we have gone through, in time and place, to set the standard for recovery? Again....the black condition is par for the course of humanity. Its not an inferior or superior condition....given what blacks went through, meaning any race would be in the same boat today as blacks, if the roles were the same. You do not fundamentally believe that though....and it shows.....and that is what angers IM2 because he can clearly see this, as will as I, but you cannot.

I see it now. Sorry about that.

For Some African-Americans, Efforts To #BuyBlack Present Challenges

db18_Fig_6.png

Amen.

Oh boy now we have another one.

Forum List

Back