Problem With the Black Community

Like I said, it does not.

Are you talking about a single man or a single woman? There are more women in poverty than men. I can entertain the argument that single men might have an advantage over married men. I'm not saying they do but I'd entertain the argument. If you tell me that single women have an advantage over married women then you are smoking a lot of illegal substances and I probably don't need to listen to anything you say on any subject.
You are wrong!!! My brother turned down the vp position because he has a family. They ended up going with this woman who has no kids. No woman with kids could or would take that job unless they don't want to see them for four years.

Single men and women are more dedicated to their careers. We don't run out the door at 5. We don't call in sick as often or have to leave early to pick up the kids.

I'm open to hear arguments that single men as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than single men. I'm still not convinced but I give credibility to your argument. It is pretty strong.

You are high on cocaine if you expect me to believe single women as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than married women as a whole.

There is a huge hole in your argument though that you might not have noticed. Your brother was offered the vp position. :razz:
My advice to anyone poor and that includes 18 year old sealybobo, don't get married or have kids while you are still poor. I know that used to be ok in America because corporations paid the masses a livable wage. Today you need a degree or some kind of training to get a good job. if you have kids you have to pay for pre School, sports, braces, healthcare, toys and Xbox, clothes, dinner x however many kids you have, cellphones, etc.

So I don't know why anyone single has to live in poverty. You can go anywhere and do anything.

I love hearing my uncle tell me how he built his fortune. His start didn't include kids and a wife. You can't save for your first restaurant washing dishes if you have mouths to feed.

That's dumb advice. Don't fall in love if you are poor. Not going to work.
I fell in love in college. We both got our degrees and then grew apart. It almost seems like when two poor people meet they would have double the income but then the woman wants to have babies and stay at home. Well if that's what you want but do you honestly see a future where a poor guy can raise a family on just his income?

We are seeing now that college grads are waiting ten more years now before they start having a family. Because of student loans and saving for a home. So instead of having kids at 20 a lot are having kids past 40.

If poor people choose to have poor kids that's their decision, no?

Don't fall in love if you are poor. Not going to work.

I love it when people share their personal experiences.

I'm going to start a new thread called "The problem with the POOR community. I hope we can take this over there. I don't want to pick on poor black people anymore. I've been shown the error of my ways.

Hey IM2, this is the story I heard and this guy explained how everything you say is correct. Blacks were doing fine for the first 10 years of Civil Rights and then globalization started sending jobs overseas. How can I not understand it's not black people's fault, just like it wasn't white factory workers fault when the GOP sent their jobs to China and Mexico.

And I know Bill Clinton signed NAFTA but if you research it he put worker and environmental protections in NAFTA when he signed it and Bush/Chaney took those protections out. Now Trump says he's going to help workers. I hope he is telling the truth but I doubt he is. But if he is, he might win blacks and me over because we agree all we need is economic opportunity and we're good, right?

50 Years On, Sen. Fred Harris Remembers Great Hostility During 1967 Race Riots

yes it does

Are you talking about a single man or a single woman? There are more women in poverty than men. I can entertain the argument that single men might have an advantage over married men. I'm not saying they do but I'd entertain the argument. If you tell me that single women have an advantage over married women then you are smoking a lot of illegal substances and I probably don't need to listen to anything you say on any subject.
You are wrong!!! My brother turned down the vp position because he has a family. They ended up going with this woman who has no kids. No woman with kids could or would take that job unless they don't want to see them for four years.

Single men and women are more dedicated to their careers. We don't run out the door at 5. We don't call in sick as often or have to leave early to pick up the kids.

I'm open to hear arguments that single men as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than single men. I'm still not convinced but I give credibility to your argument. It is pretty strong.

You are high on cocaine if you expect me to believe single women as a whole are less likely to live in poverty than married women as a whole.

There is a huge hole in your argument though that you might not have noticed. Your brother was offered the vp position. :razz:
My advice to anyone poor and that includes 18 year old sealybobo, don't get married or have kids while you are still poor. I know that used to be ok in America because corporations paid the masses a livable wage. Today you need a degree or some kind of training to get a good job. if you have kids you have to pay for pre School, sports, braces, healthcare, toys and Xbox, clothes, dinner x however many kids you have, cellphones, etc.

So I don't know why anyone single has to live in poverty. You can go anywhere and do anything.

I love hearing my uncle tell me how he built his fortune. His start didn't include kids and a wife. You can't save for your first restaurant washing dishes if you have mouths to feed.

Here is the problem with that. Most jobs in the economy are not good paying jobs. Only about 40% of the jobs in the economy pay well currently....and only about 27% require a college degree and most are told college is the path to higher incomes. If only 27% of the jobs require college degree and college is the route to higher income......73% will be shit out of luck regardless of how many people graduate from college. Furthermore, automation will rob millions more of jobs and artificial intelligence will perform more and more human tasks. So, following your advice......soon only the elites should have children and once people stop have children and the population falls off.....there are less consumers and workers too....meaning that the economy will eventually tank.

Last edited:

Here is the problem with that. Most jobs in the economy are not good paying jobs. Only about 40% of the jobs in the economy pay well currently....and only about 27% require a college degree and most are told college is the path to higher incomes. If only 27% of the jobs require college degree and college is the route to higher income......73% will be shit out of luck regardless of how many people graduate from college. Furthermore, automation will rob millions more of jobs and artificial intelligence will perform more and more human tasks. So, following your advice......soon only the elites should have children and once people stop have children and the population falls off.....there are less consumers and workers too....meaning that the economy will eventually tank.

Absolutely. Then the corporations and politicians will rethink paying us shit wages.

I often think what you just said when conservatives say, "anyone can make it in America". That just isn't possible. Capitalism needs poor people to take advantage of. All those small business owners in strip malls need to be able to find people that will work for minimum wage.

And just look at the greedy evil USMB Republicans. They want to lower the minimum wage. This is capitalism's dirty little secret. It needs poor people. The poorer the better.

And no not only rich people should have kids. But poor people need to have 1 or 2.

And would it be so bad if we cut our population in half?

World Faces Global Sand Shortage

Do you understand this planet has so many people we are over consuming all our natural resources?

Or Republicans say "everyone should just open up their own business" as if that's easy. Isn't it true most business' fail? A rich person can take that chance. A poor person doesn't have the money to pay rent for a year until the business takes off.

That's dumb advice. Don't fall in love if you are poor. Not going to work.

50 Years On, Sen. Fred Harris Remembers Great Hostility During 1967 Race Riots

LYNDON B JOHNSON: The commission will investigate the origins of the recent disorders in our cities. It will make recommendations to me, to the Congress, to the state governors and to the mayors for measures to prevent or contain such disasters in the future.

SIEGEL: Officially it was the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders. It became known as the Kerner Commission

During the terrible riots in Detroit I went to the Senate floor and introduced a joint resolution to set up a citizen's commission to look into the cause and prevention of these riots from a law and order standpoint. But more than that, to, as we said, recommend making real the promise of America for all Americans.

When the Kerner Commission issued its report in 1968, it famously said that we were moving toward two societies - one black, one white, separate and unequal. And it was a very scathing view of American race relations saying that also whites were implicated in the conditions that American blacks experienced in urban ghettos. Somebody from inside the commission leaked a copy of the report in advance. And a member of the Congress who was his real close friend read it, called the president and said to him, this report is just going to ruin you. It encourages and condones riots, and it doesn't have a good word to say about anything you've done on civil rights and against poverty. That was all wrong, but the president believed it. And so he canceled the formal meeting we'd set up to deliver the report and he rejected it.

SIEGEL: I wonder if the line that had disturbed him was when the commission wrote, what white Americans have never fully understood but what the negro can never forget is that white society is deeply implicated in the ghetto. White institutions created it, white institutions maintained, and white society condones it. It's a very scathing remark about racism in America.

SIEGEL: The commission recommended that there be real federal programs to address the problems that you had found and investigated. How far have we gone in implementing the changes that you and your fellow commissioners proposed nearly 50 years ago?

HARRIS: Well, we've made progress on virtually every aspect of race and poverty for about 10 years, not quite 10 years. But after that, particularly with the globalization, jobs moving away and automation jobs disappearing altogether, and the advent of the Reagan-Bush administrations, the progress we made first slowed and then eventually reversed.

And today, for example, we find that we have a great deal more poverty than we had then, much worsened income inequality. And the cities have pretty much resegregated, and that means their schools have resegregated as well. So it's a disappointment to see where we are now compared to what we might have been. But it also should be an inspiration for us to try to do something about that.

Yes we do.

And that just means we have another fool who is completely wrong about the things that cause the problems in the black community. Besides rich people have kids out of wedlock so then your assessment dies right here,

It happens. Some people are wrong. Some people are right. It happens everywhere. Get used to it.

Yep and you are wrong and I am right. Get used to it.
I just heard a story on NPR about the Detroit 60 riots. Johnson had a fact finding on what's wrong with the black community. They found the problem was whites and Johnson didn't release those findings.

Blacks were making great gains the first ten years after the civil rights the Reaganomics and sending jobs overseas set us all back. I apologize.

Yes most of us blacks know about the Kerner commission findings. Just like there are all other kinds of things we know about that have created the issues we are talking about now that are not fatherless homes.
So I went to cedar point with the black woman. First, very nice. She goes to church almost every week. But her and my buddy's
wife came from the tough streets of Detroit. I never realized how muscular she was until today. Apparently she used to beat the fuck out of other girls. Never lost a fight she said and I believe it.

Anyways, she didn't mention a father when I asked about parents. And she's not married and she has two girls who aren't married and they have four kids.

But I agree the main problem is lack of economic opportunity. Everything else is a symptom of that lack of opportunity.

Oh, and she's not working. Says she babysits her grandkids while her daughter goes to nursing school.

I want to repeat I apologize for all the stupid shit I said before. I had to wrap my brain around it and needed you guys to convince me to stay true to my liberal ideals. You guys are so right I'm sorry I argued and said so many ignorant things.

Yes we do.

And that just means we have another fool who is completely wrong about the things that cause the problems in the black community. Besides rich people have kids out of wedlock so then your assessment dies right here,

It happens. Some people are wrong. Some people are right. It happens everywhere. Get used to it.

I just heard a story on NPR about the Detroit 60 riots. Johnson had a fact finding on what's wrong with the black community. They found the problem was whites and Johnson didn't release those findings.

Blacks were making great gains the first ten years after the civil rights the Reaganomics and sending jobs overseas set us all back. I apologize.

Yes most of us blacks know about the Kerner commission findings. Just like there are all other kinds of things we know about that have created the issues we are talking about now that are not fatherless homes.
So I went to cedar point with the black woman. First, very nice. She goes to church almost every week. But her and my buddy's
wife came from the tough streets of Detroit. I never realized how muscular she was until today. Apparently she used to beat the fuck out of other girls. Never lost a fight she said and I believe it.

Anyways, she didn't mention a father when I asked about parents. And she's not married and she has two girls who aren't married and they have four kids.

But I agree the main problem is lack of economic opportunity. Everything else is a symptom of that lack of opportunity.

Oh, and she's not working. Says she babysits her grandkids while her daughter goes to nursing school.

I want to repeat I apologize for all the stupid shit I said before. I had to wrap my brain around it and needed you guys to convince me to stay true to my liberal ideals. You guys are so right I'm sorry I argued and said so many ignorant things.

IM2 is very ignorant, but he is here spewing insane White-Phobic stuff so we can see how deranged near humans are after brainwashing by the establisment.

Blah. Blah. Blah. IM2 is speaking the truth and you can't dispute one word of what I have said. I have said nothing that reflects some phobia against whites..

Apology accepted. No one is perfect,

Thanks. And now I'm going to go after gays. They didn't show up for Hillary now Trump's kicking tranny's out of the military.

Elections matter and there is a difference between the parties. Peace!

Just underst

Thanks. And now I'm going to go after gays. They didn't show up for Hillary now Trump's kicking tranny's out of the military.

Just understand this much the next time you decide tp go at blacks for not voting, our numbers were reduced because of tactics done by republicans that eliminated or made it purposefully tougher for blacks to get what they needed to vote.

Just underst

Just understand this much the next time you decide tp go at blacks for not voting, our numbers were reduced because of tactics done by republicans that eliminated or made it purposefully tougher for blacks to get what they needed to vote.
I know what they do. They got the state and federal houses so gerrymandered too. We need all the demographics to show up in 2018 and 2020. Blacks, gays, immigrants, women, students,etc.

Hillary won all those demographics but not enough.

Trump's a joke president but he was a joke candidate and still won.

I really can't stand the guy

Just underst

Ha! They're talking about all the promises Trump made to the LGBT community when he ran. They even showed Trump holding a sign "LGBT for Trump"

Did the Democrats let the LGBT community down? They can get married and serve in the army because of us!

Now I hope Republicans ban gay marriage and adoption

Just underst

Ha! They're talking about all the promises Trump made to the LGBT community when he ran. They even showed Trump holding a sign "LGBT for Trump"

Did the Democrats let the LGBT community down? They can get married and serve in the army because of us!

Now I hope Republicans ban gay marriage and adoption

There is no doubt that Trump is taking us the wrong way. But everyone knew he was going to do this when they heard him during the campaign.

The problem with the black community?

Too many blacks like IM2 who don't see that THEY are the problem.

:thanks:

I think I have found evidence that blacks might be liars when they cry racism. It was a story I heard this morning on NRP. Women in the Congo who are raped get taken care of by aid workers. Free rice and beans. So the women who haven't been raped got jealous and they now go and tell the aid workers that they were raped so they can get their free handouts.

Maybe the same thing is happening here in America. Rather than go make something of themselves they are crying racism before they've even experienced any???

Attempts To Address Rape In Congo Produced Unintended Consequences

I think I have found evidence that blacks might be liars when they cry racism. It was a story I heard this morning on NRP. Women in the Congo who are raped get taken care of by aid workers. Free rice and beans. So the women who haven't been raped got jealous and they now go and tell the aid workers that they were raped so they can get their free handouts.

Maybe the same thing is happening here in America. Rather than go make something of themselves they are crying racism before they've even experienced any???

So no black never accomplished anything?

So no black never accomplished anything?
Huh? I'm actually on the side of black people. I just heard this story today and said, "if black women in the congo lie about being raped just to get some rice and beans, maybe blacks in America lie to keep their welfare or foodstamps. Maybe racism isn't as bad as they say. Maybe half the time they say they experienced racism they lied???

There Are 2 Million Black-Owned Businesses In The U.S. — 10 Little Known Facts About Black Entrepreneurs

According to the United States Census Bureau, there are more than 2 million businesses in the country that are owned by African Americans. That statistic dispels a lot of rumors that African Americans are not successful in business. On the contrary, Black-owned businesses are a huge asset to the U.S. economy. But wait there’s more!

Here are 10 more little-known facts about Black businesses:

There Are 2 Million Black-Owned Businesses In The U.S. — 10 Facts

I saw this on linkedin

As of today, Dr. Shaquille O’Neal, Ed.D. is the joint owner of 155 Five Guys Burgers restaurants, 17 Auntie Annie's Pretzels restaurants, 150 car washes, 40 24-hour fitness centers, a shopping center, a movie theater, and several Las Vegas nightclubs.

How many of these business' are located in black communities?

Forum List

Back