Problem: Blacks receive almost all of the felony firearms charges in Michigan...

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
...but someone came up with a solution to that: Just don't charge them for the weapon they used.

Brilliant, ain't it? :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::lmao::21:

"Ingham County Prosecutor Carol Siemon said, when she was elected in 2016, one of her main goals was to reduce systemic racial bias and racial disparities from law enforcement, but not everyone supports the policies she’s put in place to do that.

“I was raised here in Lansing, in a diverse community,” Siemon said. “I’ve always had an interest in civil rights, all aspects of civil rights. As a woman, I’ve been a feminist all my life. LGBTQ Rights, racial disproportionality, immigrants rights. So, when I was elected as prosecutor, my goal was to try and create a more criminal and equitable legal system.”

In the past month, Siemon has pushed out two policies meant to decrease the number of Black people behind bars.

Currently, Black people make up 14 percent of Michigan’s population and 53 percent of the prisoners in the state.

“We look at the data and that statistic shows that racial disparity is so unambiguous and so extreme that I couldn’t even justify,” she said.

Last week, she said she was changing the way her office deals with the felony firearm charge..."

Problem: Blacks Receive Almost All Felon Firearm Charges in Michigan; Solution: White Female Prosecutor Abandons Felony Firearm Charges in Name of Reducing System Racial Bias

20200130-093633-Carol+Siemon+photo+2017+jpeg.jpg

14% population and 53% of the folk in jail lol.

She's saying she can't justify it.

She doesn't have to justify anything - just accept the truth, which is there's too many black criminals.

It's that simple.

She's a perfect example of someone who seeks out racism and the demand for racism outstrips supply. She's desperately searching for it to justify the numbers she doesn't like.

14% population and 53% of the folk in jail lol.

She's saying she can't justify it.

She doesn't have to justify anything - just accept the truth, which is there's too many black criminals.

It's that simple.

She's a perfect example of someone who seeks out racism and the demand for racism outstrips supply. She's desperately searching for it to justify the numbers she doesn't like.

How many times has Trump lost in court for ripping people off? We are talking millions of dollars. Nothing happens to him personally. This is known as fraud. It's illegal.

Now steal $100 from the 7-11 and you are going to prison.

NEXT STEP: Make Black on Black crime a Summary Offense. Pay a fine and move on. If it's homicide, include a strong admonition to "Try not to do it again, very often."
The hilarious thing about that is it might just be something the leftist maniacs try and pull

and then shortly after getting their way on it, they'll turn around and claim it's systemic racism that means there's no real justice for dead black people that's been murdered.

They'll want it both ways 1) the black murderer stays out of jail 2) justice for the black murder victim - therefore the only logical outcome would be to send a Police Officer to jail for 20-years. Win-win-win for everyone.

How many times has Trump lost in court for ripping people off? We are talking millions of dollars. Nothing happens to him personally. This is known as fraud. It's illegal.

Ah Trump again.

It's always nice to hear his name mentioned and shoe-horned into every scenario a leftist doesn't like whether it's relevant or not to what's actually being talked about.

Edit - besides, I'm not sure that's actually true. You can steal 950 Dollars worth from shops in some places in the USA and worst you get is a ticket wrote - if caught.

Last edited:
NEXT STEP: Make Black on Black crime a Summary Offense. Pay a fine and move on. If it's homicide, include a strong admonition to "Try not to do it again, very often."

You watch: Armed robbery and murder will rise sharply, but at least they won't be charged with the gun.

The unintended consequences of liberalism are mind boggling.

your babbling crap .......from your TDS

...but someone came up with a solution to that: Just don't charge them for the weapon they used.

"Ingham County Prosecutor Carol Siemon said, when she was elected in 2016, one of her main goals was to reduce systemic racial bias and racial disparities from law enforcement, but not everyone supports the policies she’s put in place to do that.

“I was raised here in Lansing, in a diverse community,” Siemon said. “I’ve always had an interest in civil rights, all aspects of civil rights. As a woman, I’ve been a feminist all my life. LGBTQ Rights, racial disproportionality, immigrants rights. So, when I was elected as prosecutor, my goal was to try and create a more criminal and equitable legal system.”

In the past month, Siemon has pushed out two policies meant to decrease the number of Black people behind bars.

Currently, Black people make up 14 percent of Michigan’s population and 53 percent of the prisoners in the state.

“We look at the data and that statistic shows that racial disparity is so unambiguous and so extreme that I couldn’t even justify,” she said.

Last week, she said she was changing the way her office deals with the felony firearm charge..."

Problem: Blacks Receive Almost All Felon Firearm Charges in Michigan; Solution: White Female Prosecutor Abandons Felony Firearm Charges in Name of Reducing System Racial Bias

She can give them all free passes and that won't change what is going on east of her in Detroit

Ah Trump again.

It's always nice to hear his name mentioned and shoe-horned into every scenario a leftist doesn't like whether it's relevant or not to what's actually being talked about.

Edit - besides, I'm not sure that's actually true. You can steal 950 Dollars worth from shops in some places in the USA and worst you get is a ticket wrote - if caught.

It's a perfect example of the problem.

She can give them all free passes and that won't change what is going on east of her in Detroit

You are right, free passes won't stop things. As I pointed out, it's not stopped Trump.

A lesbian SJW bitch.....can tell right off.

JO

To a Leftist, any difference in outcomes is presumptively due to racism.

Because they are stupid.
Most of the crime is due to poverty and right-wingers preferring to try to find ways to criminalize poverty than to solve it via equal protection of the law in our at-will employment States.

Otherwise, this is the common law for the common defense:

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

The hilarious thing about that is it might just be something the leftist maniacs try and pull

and then shortly after getting their way on it, they'll turn around and claim it's systemic racism that means there's no real justice for dead black people that's been murdered.

They'll want it both ways 1) the black murderer stays out of jail 2) justice for the black murder victim - therefore the only logical outcome would be to send a Police Officer to jail for 20-years. Win-win-win for everyone.

Shortly after getting their way the stupid bitch will get mugged and stabbed by one of the assholes she released and will scream social justice with her dying breath.....to a sociopathically ingrained criminal kindness means nothing but a new opportunity.

JO

Sounds right to me. If some can avoid felony charges, all should.
I don't ever, EVER, want to see you post in any gun control threads again.

This woman is loosening gun control. . . and all you have to say is. . . "sounds right to me?"

NO. . . what sounds right, is if you are a felon, DON'T CARRY A FIREARM, and Don't RESIST ARREST!

. . . and then if you are on the left, don't come on this forum and bullshit us with the need for more gun control when you support prosecutors that won't enforce the laws we have on felons owning guns. :rolleyes:

". . . A felony firearm charge would be filed if "the other charges do not adequately reflect the person's overall behavior," according to a news release from Siemon.

If someone is convicted of a felony firearm charge, it adds a mandatory two years of prison to their sentence. Second or third convictions add a mandatory sentence of five or 10 years, respectively.

“Frankly, I’ll describe this policy as garbage,” Wriggelsworth said. “This new policy is terrible for Ingham County, terrible for the community.”

Interim Lansing Police Chief Ellery Sosebee said he found it hard to rationalize the policy change. He said a felony firearm charge can serve as a deterrent to criminals and save lives.

“Criminals will see this as a free pass to carry weapons illegally without consequence,” Sosebee said.

Of those serving a sentence for a felony firearm charge in Michigan, 82% are Black despite Black people making up 14% of the state’s population, according to a news release. Black people represent 80% of the 269 people serving a felony firearm sentence from Ingham County.. . . "

Forum List

Back