Pro-slavery party

Which major American political party is known for promoting slavery in America?

• Total voters
The question will test your knowledge of American history.

If you get this question wrong, then perhaps it would be wise to hit the library and educate yourself.

Here's a hint. It's the party who had a member introduce a bill in congress to reinstate slavery in the USA less than 3 years ago.

Can I buy another clue and ask for a link? thanks.
Here's another clue:

The pro-slavery party is also the party that forced thousands of Japanese-Americans into concentration camps via executive order.

---
You have a valid point about the wrongful internment of US citizens with Japanese descent, as well as German Americans & Italian Americans.

Did the Republicans protest those internments?

The Republican governor of California and later Chief Justice of the United States sure encouraged FDR to take steps to protect California from saboteurs as did many other Republicans. Imagine the Republican posts today if there had been sabotage and FDR had done nothing to prevent it.

Sorry to break this to you bu the governor of California from 1939 to 1943 was Culbert Levy Olson, a democrat. Earl Warren in 1944 and here is a bit of his bio: Although a Republican, Warren had broad bipartisan support because of his centrist to liberal views. He is the only person to have been elected to the governorship of California for three successive terms (in 1942, 1946, and 1950). In 1946, he was the only governor in our history to win an election unopposed, when he won the Democratic, Republican, and Progressive primaries.

You are correct Earl Warren was not governor of California at the time, he was Attorney General and he spearheaded the California demand for removal of the Japanese-Americans to the camps. Perhaps his endeavors to remove the Japanese and Japanese Americans at the time helped his California elections? They didn't seem to hurt in the Court system either becoming Chief Justice of the United States. In any case there was a great deal of support at the time for PL 1066. The interesting question is, however, would we do the same thing today, under the same circumstances with another group? I think so.

You are correct Earl Warren was not governor of California at the time, he was Attorney General and he spearheaded the California demand for removal of the Japanese-Americans to the camps. Perhaps his endeavors to remove the Japanese and Japanese Americans at the time helped his California elections? They didn't seem to hurt in the Court system either becoming Chief Justice of the United States. In any case there was a great deal of support at the time for PL 1066. The interesting question is, however, would we do the same thing today, under the same circumstances with another group? I think so.
I believe that Christians will be the next group to suffer that fate. All of the indicators point in that direction. In fact, it's already happening, and will only get worse.

Can I buy another clue and ask for a link? thanks.
Here's another clue:

The pro-slavery party is also the party that forced thousands of Japanese-Americans into concentration camps via executive order.

---
You have a valid point about the wrongful internment of US citizens with Japanese descent, as well as German Americans & Italian Americans.

The Republican governor of California and later Chief Justice of the United States sure encouraged FDR to take steps to protect California from saboteurs as did many other Republicans. Imagine the Republican posts today if there had been sabotage and FDR had done nothing to prevent it.

Bottom line, FDR threw Americans into prison.
---
... and the Republicans supported that internment strategy.
Name one Republican that voted for it.

Here's another clue:

---

---
The Congressional bill to sustain EO 1066 was passed on March 21,1942, I think the vote unanimous, not one objection. The bill was 77-503 and I would love to see the party breakdown on that vote. I might try researching the bill that passed so easily.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
---

---
The Congressional bill to sustain EO 1066 was passed on March 21,1942, I think the vote unanimous, not one objection. The bill was 77-503 and I would love to see the party breakdown on that vote. I might try researching the bill that passed so easily.

Since when does congress vote on EOs?

Executive Order 9066 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The three people who voted that the Democrats did not support slavery are total fucking morons.

One of them voted that way simply because his wife dumped him for another man while a Republican was in office. A typical pathetic dumbass.

Last edited:
History notes that all those pro-slavery Democrats became Republicans when the Civil Rights Act passed. Well, honest history notes it, how the Republican party so proudly welcomed all the slavers defecting from the Democrats.

At least Muhammed still feels ashamed of the current batch of Republican slavers -- which is why he's trying so hard to deflect attention from them -- so there's hope for him. His conscience is obviously bothering him, and that's good.

If you conservatives are that ashamed of how Republicans act now, why not just leave the Republicans, instead of constantly making these excuses for their slaving ways? However, if you're not ashamed of their slaving ways, I can see why you'd want to stay.

History notes that all those pro-slavery Democrats became Republicans when the Civil Rights Act passed. Well, honest history notes it, how the Republican party so proudly welcomed all the slavers defecting from the Democrats.

At least Muhammed still feels ashamed of the current batch of Republican slavers -- which is why he's trying so hard to deflect attention from them -- so there's hope for him. His conscience is obviously bothering him, and that's good.

If you conservatives are that ashamed of how Republicans act now, why not just leave the Republicans, instead of constantly making these excuses for their slaving ways? However, if you're not ashamed of their slaving ways, I can see why you'd want to stay.

You know what? You're an idiot. A complete and utter moron. Here you go, Spanky. Educate yourself. Your ignorance offends me. It took me about two minutes to find and post all of this. The fact that you still believe that stupid myth about the dixiecrats shows that you are either brainless twit, or dishonest. So which is it?

Freedom and Liberty, The Myth of the Dixiecrat Switch of the Republican and Democratic parties

"The Parties Switched Sides" - Myth Debunked - NintendoDojo

The Dixiecrat Myth

ANOTHER LIBERAL LIE EXPOSED: The Myth of the Southern Strategy

Here's another clue:

---

---
---
As Regent mentioned, ALL Congress members voice-voted for
Public Law 503 that upheld the executive order.

According to my quick search so far ...
Only one Republican senator gave public criticism, as well as one Republican governor, JE Hoover, and the FLOTUS.

Shameful history!
That's why i favor ethical Libertarians.

Last edited:
I voted republican since they promote wage slavery. I'm pretty sure the op was talking about using Blacks as slaves, but that was long ago. The anti slave republican party of old wouldn't spit on today's republican party, who's attitude is "gain wealth, forgetting all but self".

I voted republican since they promote wage slavery. I'm pretty sure the op was talking about using Blacks as slaves, but that was long ago. The anti slave republican party of old wouldn't spit on today's republican party, who's attitude is "gain wealth, forgetting all but self".
The OP was about real actual slavery, not some inane analogy.

And really I was thinking more about modern American history. Not things that happened 2 centuries ago.

The Democrat party has imposed slavery on Americans several times via conscription. Getting taken overseas against your will and forced to storm the beach and get chopped into little bits by a machine gun is slavery.

Last edited:
---

---
---

Only one Republican senator gave public criticism, as well as one Republican governor, JE Hoover, and the FLOTUS.

Shameful history!

An EO was signed by FDR and since you read the articles you now should know it was for very dubious reasons. Trying to show that anyone supported the president in a time of war is just a deflection. If FDR had not signed the EO the Japanese, Germans and Italians would not have been put in internment camps.

This was probably one of the biggest thief of property in US history and it was done by a democrat.

I don't support either party anymore there isn't much difference except which way their fingers are pointing. But that does not change the fact that FDR listed to his backers and not the reality and put those people in camps.

Could you elaborate on "wage slavery?" How do Republicans promote "wage slavery?" Do you mean the minimum wage? Isn't the minimum wage a form of wage slavery that you are actually talking about? Or are you just throwing out sound bites without really thinking?

Or are you talking about welfare? What exactly are you talking about? People living without a job, thus collecting a wage?

---
---

Shameful history!

An EO was signed by FDR and since you read the articles you now should know it was for very dubious reasons. Trying to show that anyone supported the president in a time of war is just a deflection. If FDR had not signed the EO the Japanese, Germans and Italians would not have been put in internment camps.

This was probably one of the biggest thief of property in US history and it was done by a democrat.

I don't support either party anymore there isn't much difference except which way their fingers are pointing. But that does not change the fact that FDR listed to his backers and not the reality and put those people in camps.
---
I fully agree with you that FDR, as the "captain of the war ship", had the authority to pull that disgusting EO trigger and is most responsible for its unfairness to innocent Americans.
In time of war & its hysteria, would a Republican with same military advisors not have pulled that trigger? We don't know obviously, unless it was one of ONLY 2 Republicans who voiced criticism.
A Democrat woman (FDR's wife Eleanor) also protested, but was silenced, and J.Edgar Hoover was ignored too.

What is also SHAMEFUL is the fact that both Demo & Repub presidents after WW2 did not compensate the internment victims until 43 yrs after the war ended, thanks to both Carter & Reagan.

---
---

Shameful history!

---
I fully agree with you that FDR, as the "captain of the war ship", had the authority to pull that disgusting EO trigger and is most responsible for its unfairness to innocent Americans.
In time of war & its hysteria, would a Republican with same military advisors not have pulled that trigger? We don't know obviously, unless it was one of ONLY 2 Republicans who voiced criticism.
A Democrat woman (FDR's wife Eleanor) also protested, but was silenced, and J.Edgar Hoover was ignored too.

What is also SHAMEFUL is the fact that both Demo & Repub presidents after WW2 did not compensate the internment victims until 43 yrs after the war ended, thanks to both Carter & Reagan.

The articles that I have read on the matter indicate that TWO studies told FDR that there was no reason to round up Japanese-Americans. It may true that a Republican may have done the same thing but the difference is that the democrats speak of FDR as some sort of god. When in fact what he did was against what democrats preach they are all about.

---
---

Shameful history!

---

The articles that I have read on the matter indicate that TWO studies told FDR that there was no reason to round up Japanese-Americans. It may true that a Republican may have done the same thing but the difference is that the democrats speak of FDR as some sort of god. When in fact what he did was against what democrats preach they are all about.
Well this time the Democrats were all about taking no chances. There was a fear upon the land and so many unknowns. The movie "1941" was made using that fear as its theme. We got caught at Pearl Harbor and could be caught again. Politically,It was a no-win situation. If there was any good about the internment camps it was America's guilt and changes in our laws for Asians and finally the nation's pride in the 442nd.

The OP was about real actual slavery, not some inane analogy.

And really I was thinking more about modern American history. Not things that happened 2 centuries ago.

The Democrat party has imposed slavery on Americans several times via conscription. Getting taken overseas against your will and forced to storm the beach and get chopped into little bits by a machine gun is slavery.
Citizenship comes with duties and responsibilities. If one is not willing to defend their country, then they don't deserve to be called a citizen. Forcing one to perform their duty, as a citizen, is not slavery.

11800031_10153515444903588_8211543541358575029_n.png

.. and who supports them no matter what..?

You know what? You're an idiot. A complete and utter moron. Here you go, Spanky. Educate yourself. Your ignorance offends me. It took me about two minutes to find and post all of this. The fact that you still believe that stupid myth about the dixiecrats shows that you are either brainless twit, or dishonest. So which is it?

Awwww, is another Republican-slaver defender upset because everyone just laughs at his revisionist history? Why yes, that is the case.

On the bright side, at least you're ashamed of associating with the Republican-slavers. That's why you're trying so hard to revise history. So, your conscience isn't completely dead yet. It's just mostly dead.

So, what other historical revisionism would you like to push? List some examples for us. Amuse everybody with something as hilarious as your last attempt. Or you could try some patronizing racism, and say blacks are too stupid to recognize the real racists. Or you could try to explain why all the white supremacists are Republicans now, that would be fun.

Forum List

Back