Pro-life conservatives do understand that they're the reason they're losing, right?

80% of Americans support some degree of choice. 60% of Americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned.

That is why the anti-abortionists are losing.

As with several other issues, contemporary conservatives have allowed themselves to operate from an absolutist position. All or nothing. While that tactic certainly excites and animates "the base", its positions are simply untenable and doomed to fail.

Regarding abortion, it seems to me there is a fairly clear moderate approach, if (and only if) pro-lifers will free themselves from their absolutism: Why don't they re-direct their incredible passion and energy into advocating for making adoption easier, for better birth control education, for moving the culture towards more self-respect for young men and women, for perhaps a point in healthy pregnancies at which it is too late for an abortion? I'll bet they could find several ideas with which they could (horrors!) work together with pro-choicers. Who knows what's possible.

If the absolutists will not bend, they will lose, and their loss will be worse than if they had just bended. And that goes for more issues than just abortion.

Their choice. No pun intended.

Pro life people do do all those things that you seem to think they don't.you really can't be a part time pro fife person and have any self respect. One could be sorta provide,or only on weekends?
Well, that's the choice, I guess.

"Pro life" could mean what it currently means, or it could mean "doing everything possible to reduce and minimize the demand for abortions".

Seems to me the latter would attract a lot of people.
I don't disagree,still didn't change the absalutnes of death.we have weaked ourselves ,pandering for lives is rather reprehensible, but lives none the less.

It is the absolutism of the current conservative culture in the U.S. that is destroying them. The United States was built by the founders to be a forced compromise form of government.

When any group says they will not compromise they are at that moment excluding themselves from this government. They may win in the short term elections, but long term they simply can't.

Cons you better get it through your heads, you are never going to get to tell everyone else what to do, no matter how much you whine about it.

80% of Americans support some degree of choice. 60% of Americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned.

That is why the anti-abortionists are losing.
Everyone is aware of statistics,bet similar numbers represented slavery once also,where are we with that now?

20,000 children die every day worldwide, if you aren't saving them you have nothing to say about anything else.

Put your money, where your mouth is. Save the ones that are here and can be saved. Otherwise you are just a lazy who thinks typing rants can save a child.

Interesting ho
It is the absolutism of the current conservative culture in the U.S. that is destroying them. The United States was built by the founders to be a forced compromise form of government.

When any group says they will not compromise they are at that moment excluding themselves from this government. They may win in the short term elections, but long term they simply can't.

Cons you better get it through your heads, you are never going to get to tell everyone else what to do, no matter how much you whine about it.
Interesting how people get so confused and then claim pro life people just wanna tell you what to do,when we are talking about the rather indiscriminate taking of human life at its most vulnerable state. Something a rational human with an once of compassion wouldn't do .

Interesting ho

Interesting how people get so confused and then claim pro life people just wanna tell you what to do,when we are talking about the rather indiscriminate taking of human life at its most vulnerable state. Something a rational human with an once of compassion wouldn't do .

Ten children died while you were typing. Either put your money where your mouth is and save lives or STFU with your phoney self righteousness.

GGGAAAWWWDD, is watching don't you know.

20,000 children die every day worldwide, if you aren't saving them you have nothing to say about anything else.

Put your money, where your mouth is. Save the ones that are here and can be saved. Otherwise you are just a lazy who thinks typing rants can save a child.
What do you do? Saving thousands are you? What rational squares me not having thousands of babies because I don't support killing babies?that smacks of guilt big time on your part there rant master. The shit you guys soon to justify something your doing not me.

Interesting ho

Ten children died while you were typing. Either put your money where your mouth is and save lives or STFU with your phoney self righteousness.

GGGAAAWWWDD, is watching don't you know.
*yawn*

Another baby killing hysteric pipes up.

I previously put the question to them of exactly how far they're willing to go with their beliefs. If they're willing to put their time and money where their mouths are and work to create a more child-friendly society. Unsurprisingly, most of the thread can be summed up with them making excuses for why capitalism is more important than babies' lives after all and NYcarbineer taking random hyperpartisan potshots to see what sticks. Despite being utterly unsurprising, it was still disturbing enough to stay with me all day. It just hit me that this is why we're losing. The posters themselves are big reasons why the battle is pretty much already lost in this country. I'm not even sure why we're still fighting it, honestly. They don't have any reasonable policies to reduce the practice. They don't have a plan for ending it. They're not like the slavery abolitionists at all. Our forefathers and foremothers knew exactly what needed to be done and were willing to die to see it through. We have a crowd of people seriously suggesting telling everyone not to have sex and utterly afraid of giving up even the smallest of comforts to fight for human rights. Of course the progressives are going to win this. And, if you're one of these people, it's going to be your fault. It's going to be your fault every time one of them beats and poisons their own son just to glory in the knowledge that you can do nothing about it. It's going to be your fault every time one of them molests their daughter because they can use their property however they want. It's going to be your fault every time one of them sells their baby because they can. It's going to be your fault because you did nothing to stop them - because you just couldn't bring yourself to give enough of a damn to live up to your own stated ideals regardless of the cost. Human rights just weren't quite as important as ideological purity.

Do you realize that Republicans are Governors in 31 states and control both houses of state legislatures in 27 states....democrats....5 states.....

Losing?

How did the 2010 and 2014 elections go?

Who has the House and Senate?
Because Americans don't vote in midterms? That does not equal a mandate. Let's see how you do next year

No...the Presidency is the only election we all vote for at the same time........and it is very much a personality contest.......state legislatures are more about running our daily lives...and more people are choosing Republicans for that....

Forum List

Back