Private Gun Sales.

Do you oppose background checks for private sales?
If it results in de facto registration...absolutely.

If I can background check the buyer without disclosing what they are buying...that would be acceptable.

That's what I have advocated from the beginning. Background checks of buyers should have NO information of the firearm.

I'm curious how many people buy or sell guns from or to a person they don't know.

I have never bought or sold a gun in a private sale. I don't want to buy a gun from someone only to find out it's a piece of junk and I don't want to buy any guns that may have been used in a crime so I only buy from licensed dealers.

I don't want to sell a gun to a person I don't know who may not be responsible or may commit crimes with a gun.
I asked a licenced FFL I hadn't purchaced from before what kind of warranty he offered ... He said "A Taillight Warranty"...as in, when your taillights disappear from view, so does the warranty.

I buy from private individuals, FFLs and online gun stores.

Never had an issue.

Selling is a different story...

I will only sell to unknown individual with a Missouri CCW. Otherwise I'll just sell or trade with folks I know or my local FFL.

I oppose banning private sales.

A ban of private sales is a de facto registration scheme. The first step to confiscation.

Yes, for several reasons.
One is that they then let the government know what you have.
It also costs money.
The government won't let just anyone do a background checks, so you have to go through and pay an FFL.
Background check are pointless since any criminal will just get their weapons illegally.
Federal background check laws are specifically illegal according to the constitution.

The idea of turning the whole country into a supervised institution is insane.
What a normal society does instead is put only dangerous people into supervised institutions.

I'm curious how many people buy or sell guns from or to a person they don't know.

I have never bought or sold a gun in a private sale. I don't want to buy a gun from someone only to find out it's a piece of junk and I don't want to buy any guns that may have been used in a crime so I only buy from licensed dealers.

I don't want to sell a gun to a person I don't know who may not be responsible or may commit crimes with a gun.

I don't know anyone who sells to people that they don't know.
happens all the time at gun shows and gun sales forums,,

No it does not happen all the time, because once a background check has been done, you do know them.
I go to gun shows and hit all the gun forums, and everyone has been doing background checks for decades.
Part of the reason is that the people running the shows require it, and you can't ship firearms except to FFLs.

I asked a licenced FFL I hadn't purchaced from before what kind of warranty he offered ... He said "A Taillight Warranty"...as in, when your taillights disappear from view, so does the warranty.

Never had an issue.

I will only sell to unknown individual with a Missouri CCW. Otherwise I'll just sell or trade with folks I know or my local FFL.

A ban of private sales is a de facto registration scheme. The first step to confiscation.

It also costs money.
The government won't let just anyone do a background checks, so you have to go through and pay an FFL.
Background check are pointless since any criminal will just get their weapons illegally.
Federal background check laws are specifically illegal according to the constitution.

What a normal society does instead is put only dangerous people into supervised institutions.
So you don't care if you sell a gun to a guy who uses it to murder someone or is felon or if you buy a possibly stolen gun that some criminal is selling you?

I think the $25 bucks an FFL charges is worth it for my own peace of mind

I don't know anyone who sells to people that they don't know.
happens all the time at gun shows and gun sales forums,,

No it does not happen all the time.
I go to gun shows and hit all the gun forums, and everyone has been doing background checks for decades.
Part of the reason is that the people running the shows require it, and you can't ship firearms except to FFLs.
thats funny cause most of mine were purchased at gun shows and I have never had a background check to purchase them,,

as for online forums,, you dont ship when its a local deal,,,

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

So you don't care if you sell a gun to a guy who uses it to murder someone or is felon or if you buy a possibly stolen gun that some criminal is selling you?

it violates the 2nd A,,,

Does this mean you support requiring unlicensed dealers at gun shows to run background checks providing a serial number on the weapon?

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

it violates the 2nd A,,,

I have no problem with felons and the adjudicated mentally ill not being allowed to have firearms.

Does this mean you support requiring unlicensed dealers at gun shows to run background checks providing a serial number on the weapon?

It means I think that you should know whether or not the guy you are selling a gun to is legally eligible to own it. I don't care what kind of gun it is.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

No one intent on murder is ever going to be effected by a gun law, so there is no reason not to sell to them.
Felons can not legally be prevented from the right of self defense.
Creating a 2nd tier of reduced rights for felons is illegal.
Stolen guns get sold to felons who are wiling to pay more for them, so there is risk of buying a stolen one.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

No one intent on murder is ever going to be effected by a gun law, so there is no reason not to sell to them.
Stolen guns get sold to felons who are wiling to pay more for them, so there is risk of buying a stolen one.

So you don't care if a gun you sell to some low life is used to kill people or if the gun you buy was stolen and used in multiple crimes.

Got it.

Personally I don't want to help any piece of shit criminal commit crimes by selling him a gun.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

it violates the 2nd A,,,

I have no problem with felons and the adjudicated mentally ill not being allowed to have firearms.

I most certainly do have a problem with federal laws prohibiting felons and mentally ill from owning firearms.
It is NOT legal for the federal government to make ANY gun law, but felons can not be legally discriminated against.
Mentally ill can be, but obviously if they are mentally ill, they need to be institutionalized, since you can't let them get flammable,, toxins, explosives, etc. So federal gun laws make no sense and are not legal.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

So you don't care if a gun you sell to some low life is used to kill people or if the gun you buy was stolen and used in multiple crimes.

Got it.

Personally I don't want to help any piece of shit criminal commit crimes by selling him a gun.

By going along with irrational and illegal federal gun law, you destroy the democratic republic.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

it violates the 2nd A,,,

I most certainly do have a problem with federal laws prohibiting felons and mentally ill from owning firearms.
It is NOT legal for the federal government to make ANY gun law, but felons can not be legally discriminated against.
Mentally ill can be, but obviously if they are mentally ill, they need to be institutionalized, since you can't let them get flammable,, toxins, explosives, etc. So federal gun laws make no sense and are not legal.

Good for you.

As far as I'm concerned any one who commits a felony has proven he isn't responsible enough to be trusted with a gun.

I've purchased two handguns through a private sale.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

Got it.

By going along with irrational and illegal federal gun law, you destroy the democratic republic.

I don't think me keeping a clear conscience is doing any such thing. Which is why I don't sell guns to people I don't know and I never buy guns from anyone but a dealer with a brick and mortar establishment.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

it violates the 2nd A,,,

Good for you.

As far as I'm concerned any one who commits a felony has proven he isn't responsible enough to be trusted with a gun.
so passing bad checks as a college student means he cant protect his family when hes 45,,,

if they are to dangerous to be trusted with a gun they shouldnt be let out of prison or put on lifetime parole,,

cause if they wanted a gun no law will stop them,,

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

Got it.

I don't think me keeping a clear conscience is doing any such thing. Which is why I don't sell guns to people I don't know and I never buy guns from anyone but a dealer with a brick and mortar establishment.
thats fine,, just dont push your views on the rest of us,,

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

it violates the 2nd A,,,

Good for you.

so passing bad checks as a college student means he cant protect his family when hes 45,,,

if they are to dangerous to be trusted with a gun they shouldnt be let out of prison or put on lifetime parole,,

You have to hang a lot of bad paper to be convicted of a felony so yeah fuck that college student because he knew what he was doing.

Never had an issue.

It also costs money.

it violates the 2nd A,,,

Good for you.

You have to hang a lot of bad paper to be convicted of a felony so yeah fuck that college student because he knew what he was doing.
one piece of paper will do it,,,

and what about the guy in florida that got hit with a fed felony for letting wedding balloons go in a national park??

Forum List

Back