Private Gun Sales.

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
I'm curious how many people buy or sell guns from or to a person they don't know.

I have never bought or sold a gun in a private sale. I don't want to buy a gun from someone only to find out it's a piece of junk and I don't want to buy any guns that may have been used in a crime so I only buy from licensed dealers.

I don't want to sell a gun to a person I don't know who may not be responsible or may commit crimes with a gun.

I'm curious how many people buy or sell guns from or to a person they don't know.

I have never bought or sold a gun in a private sale. I don't want to buy a gun from someone only to find out it's a piece of junk and I don't want to buy any guns that may have been used in a crime so I only buy from licensed dealers.

I don't want to sell a gun to a person I don't know who may not be responsible or may commit crimes with a gun.
most of my guns were bought from someone I didnt know before hand,,

I just got one from a private individual. And , it ain't got no serial number.

I just wouldn't trust anyone I didn't know.

I just wouldn't trust anyone I didn't know.
I dont trust most of the people I do know,,

What if you are looking for something not produced anymore....how else will you be able to buy it?

I asked a licenced FFL I hadn't purchaced from before what kind of warranty he offered ... He said "A Taillight Warranty"...as in, when your taillights disappear from view, so does the warranty.

I buy from private individuals, FFLs and online gun stores.

Never had an issue.

Selling is a different story...

I will only sell to unknown individual with a Missouri CCW. Otherwise I'll just sell or trade with folks I know or my local FFL.

I oppose banning private sales.

A ban of private sales is a de facto registration scheme. The first step to confiscation.

I just got one from a private individual. And , it ain't got no serial number.
If you're in the U.S., you are committing a felony in most states :( Cops - AND judges - tend to frown on that situation.
I've bought and sold to guys I did not know well. I kept the bill of sale and insisted on seeing their driver's license to confirm the name on the BoS. It isn't the business of anyone in government to restrict a citizen's right to commerce. If the 2 bills the Dems are pushing now make it to Biden's desk, it will create millions of citizens who will become felons overnight. Not even the dimmest and most hateful Marxists in DC actually believe they can confiscate all the guns.
What they want is to spread fear and have a legal tool to silence opposition. The message will get out quickly that if you say anything online they don't like, expect a knock at the door. I seem to recall one such Stasi-member in training right here. A signature exhorting people to drop a dime on anyone they don't like. That kind is also coward trash who'd NEVER challenge a man to his face.

I asked a licenced FFL I hadn't purchaced from before what kind of warranty he offered ... He said "A Taillight Warranty"...as in, when your taillights disappear from view, so does the warranty.

I buy from private individuals, FFLs and online gun stores.

Never had an issue.

Selling is a different story...

I will only sell to unknown individual with a Missouri CCW. Otherwise I'll just sell or trade with folks I know or my local FFL.

I oppose banning private sales.

A ban of private sales is a de facto registration scheme. The first step to confiscation.

Do you oppose background checks for private sales?

If you're in the U.S., you are committing a felony in most states :( Cops - AND judges - tend to frown on that situation.
Really? How so? The gun I refer to was made in the 1950's and they didn't require serial numbers on them until 1968. Any cop or judge frowning on that are idiots.

I’ve bought and sold privately here in Massachusetts. We are required to fill out the standard MA firearms sale form and mail it to the Stste Police. Even though the seller is the one required to mail the form, I always do it, to make sure it gets done. I keep my copy and my copies from the certified mail to the MSP.

I don’t sell to or buy from people I don’t know and never without seeing a firearms license.

Background checks don't include information on what you are buying.
Yes, they do.

In Section D of the ATF form 4473 (background check form) filled out by the dealer....

Screenshot_2021-04-04-10-11-28(1).png

Anything you bought from an FFL dealer, they know you have it.

Background checks don't include information on what you are buying.
Yes, they do.

In Section D of the ATF form 4473 (background check form) filled out by the dealer....

View attachment 476093

Anything you bought from an FFL dealer, they know you have it.
Are you sure that's not the record of sale the FFL has to keep?

As far as I know the FFL keeps those files and the only way the ATF gets them is if they perform an audit

I don't know anyone who sells to people that they don't know.

happens all the time at gun shows and gun sales forums,,

What if you are looking for something not produced anymore....how else will you be able to buy it?

I will only buy stuff like that from people I know, or if it was from some random person I would want a check of the firearm to make sure it's not stolen.

happens all the time at gun shows and gun sales forums,,

I know that. I was merely talking about me.

Forum List

Back