Prison warden and twin brother accused of fatally shooting migrant in Texas

If the government would legalize hunting at the border and sell licenses the invasive species would end.

There are plenty of landowners along the border that do not take advantage of no trespassing laws.
Lol, if your retarded ass does not see the difference between some one walking and invading a house in terms of evidence, then lol, you deserve the world you create. Darwin at work. Can't wait to see you walking in this brave new world. Boom.

They have been undercharged. They fired into a group of 13 people.

From the link:

The affidavit obtained by the El Paso Times states that at 7 p.m. Tuesday a group of migrants was drinking water out of a reservoir when a vehicle passed the group and then returned. The driver leaned on the hood of the vehicle and fired two shots, killing a man and injuring a woman. The agents located the vehicle and questioned its owner, Michael Sheppard. They subsequently questioned Mark Sheppard. After initial denials, he admitted the brothers were together the evening of Sep. 27 near the site of the shooting.
The migrants told investigators while they hid they "overheard one of the males shout something in Spanish to the effect of 'Come out you son-of-a-bitch, little asses!,'" the affidavit states.

The migrants told investigators they heard a vehicle rev "at which point they heard two gunshots with one of them stating they had been shot."

More:
Advocates: 'Alarm' sounded on Mike Sheppard's abuse before migrant shooting

According to a spokesperson for Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) in El Paso, there were 13 migrants in the group, including one accompanied minor. The agency said the group was all Mexican nationals. In interviews with federal agents, members of the group said the pair of men yelled profanities at them. The migrants who survived the shooting are in custody pending court hearings. The injured woman is at El Paso's Del Sol Hospital in stable condition.
The Hudspeth County Sheriff’s Office initially reported the shooting death. In addition to Texas Rangers, HSI El Paso special agents responded to the incident.

The men were booked on manslaughter charges Thursday but a statement Friday from HSI in El Paso indicated more charges may be forthcoming. Authorities have not released further details about court proceedings but the 205th District Court in El Paso confirmed the case is in their jurisdiction.

Our government is to blame. This invasion has been under way for many decades. Our politicians hide from the problem since it doesn't effect them, personally.

Now we're being flooded with illegals and many Americans want our borders secured.

We're sure to see a lot more of this kind of armed conflict as citizens realize it is up to them to save the country from these law-breaking invaders.

Biden and the Democrats are traitors. They only make our illegal immigration problems much, much, worse. They must be voted out of office.

Lol, if your retarded ass does not see the difference between some one walking and invading a house in terms of evidence, then lol, you deserve the world you create. Darwin at work. Can't wait to see you walking in this brave new world. Boom.
Invading a house. Invading a country. Not much difference. Hunt them down like any other invasive species. Especially when the land they are just walking on is private property. Buzzards gotta eat too.

And again, the question is whether or not this is acceptable and normal behaviour in America now?

Our members will answer.

Or will Americans attempt to avoid the answer?
Haven't read the whole thread but my question is why is this even a story? Hundreds of American children are killed by gangs every week, and you are concerned about what amounts to a criminal gang roaming through the forest mistaken for javelina hogs.

Why is our government not doing anything about this crisis?
Thank you for shining the light on the underlying reason aka the bottom line. This would not be happening if we had effective border control. Effective border control does not mean that citizens feel the need to take it upon themselves to police the border, and we would not have US residents acting as vigilantes.

For the record, I support gun rights for all gun owners who do not consider themselves to be vigilantes and believe they have the right to shoot to kill without due process. I don’t care how you slice it that wasn’t right. Two wrongs don’t make a right. There needs to be a very clear line between legal and illegal actions and that goes for both sides here.

So how about it fellow conservatives, do you agree with the above statements or do you believe in vigilanteeism?

Leftists- I know where you stand. No laws about the border and US has unlimited resources for all.

Some tresspassers got shot at. That's the factual part of the story. The rest is only what the tresspassers told the police, when the police came and found them tresspassing with a couple of them shot.

Some tresspassers got shot at. That's the factual part of the story. The rest is only what the tresspassers told the police, when the police came and found them tresspassing with a couple of them shot.
My nickels worth I don’t really care what the two sides had to say about the matter. It’s the actions and what happened and that’s how a jury would probably look at it as well. We are either a country of laws or we are not. Any attempt to go for the middle in someway, to have some laws here and there and others only when they apply to certain groups, well we’re witnessing how that plays out.

A lot of partisans slam libertarians telling us that we don’t know how to choose a side, but there is an obvious split here between the type of libertarian who would support exactly what happened and then the type who would not. As a conservative, I do not support shooting to kill unless used as a defensive measure to protect oneself and one’s loved ones. In those cases, by all means go all out. I certainly would.

Otherwise, supporting vigilanteeism will blur the legalities about right and wrong.

Thank you for shining the light on the underlying reason aka the bottom line. This would not be happening if we had effective border control. Effective border control does not mean that citizens feel the need to take it upon themselves to police the border, and we would not have US residents acting as vigilantes.

For the record, I support gun rights for all gun owners who do not consider themselves to be vigilantes and believe they have the right to shoot to kill without due process. I don’t care how you slice it that wasn’t right. Two wrongs don’t make a right. There needs to be a very clear line between legal and illegal actions and that goes for both sides here.

" But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

The purpose of the Amendment is to kill your government...it doesn't get any more 'vigilante' than that.

" But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

The purpose of the Amendment is to kill your government...it doesn't get any more 'vigilante' than that.
Any decent human being would not be driving along and stop their car and start shooting into a crowd of people. It you buy that story that they thought it was some type of animal and were hunting, I’ve got some high dollar land going for cheap over here, come on over and I’ll give it to you for free. Let me ask you this, had that bullet killed a child in the group you would’ve still posted your amendment? I’m thinking yes but please prove me wrong.

I came back to add I do not support illegal entries into the country. I have respect for the law like most people and understand that without laws things would get really messy really quick. It’s a mess enough as we know currently, with weak laws and unequal distribution of laws etc.

Do not misunderstand my words that I support authoritarianism. I do not in any shape or form and big on states rights. Which leads me to my next point: look at what happened in Texas where the state had to step up and form their own border patrol because of the lack of federal assistance and inept federal government.

We can shift leadership back into the hands of good men and women who lead the masses. Some people (politicians and citizens) lack the capability (or chose to commit crimes) of mixing ethical decision making with rationality. If everyone utilized ethical considerations we wouldn’t need legal assistance in the way of security.

Unfortunately, the current corrupt federal government has allowed that many unlawful types thrive. Usually everything is temporary, but this is a very important transition for our nation. I count on leaders who follow the rule of law to win the next election. Leftists who are trying to take over businesses and want authoritarian rule, just as Maxine Waters has stated verbatim, be damned.

Last edited:
Haven't read the whole thread but my question is why is this even a story? Hundreds of American children are killed by gangs every week, and you are concerned about what amounts to a criminal gang roaming through the forest mistaken for javelina hogs.

That has nothing to do with this murder. It's flat open country. He fired at 13 people on the side of the road.

Prison warden eh? They charged manslaughter?? Sounds like straight murder to me--but he probably has connections.

A prison warden and his twin brother are charged with manslaughter after authorities say they opened fire on a group of migrants traveling along a Texas roadside, killing one person and wounding another.
The deadly violence unfolded Tuesday in Hudspeth County near Sierra Blanca, a small town in the Chihuahuan Desert located about 25 miles from the Mexican border. Thirteen migrants were collecting water from a reservoir in the region when a passing pickup truck sped by and then reversed back toward the group, authorities said.
Michael Sheppard, the warden at a private immigration detention center in Sierra Blanca, then exited his vehicle, “leaned on the hood of the vehicle and fired two shots from a firearm at the group,” according to an affidavit released on Friday.
“Did you get him?” the warden’s brother, Mark Sheppard, allegedly asked him.
Investigators said the brothers then drove away from the scene without confirming whether anyone was shot.
A man in the group died while a woman was injured in the gunfire. They were not identified.
Migrants later told authorities the men hurled profanities at them ahead of the attack. They were also able to provide a description of the shooter’s vehicle, leading officers to Michael Sheppard’s driveway. While he acknowledged the truck parked in front of his home belonged to him, Michael was otherwise “reluctant to speak,” according to the affidavit.
In a separate interview, Mark Sheppard initially denied visiting the area where the shooting occurred. He later confessed to being in the there, but only because he and his brother were searching for game.
“Mark Sheppard told us he used binoculars and saw a ‘black butt’ thinking it was a javelina,” according to the affidavit. That’s when his twin “exited the truck with a shotgun” and fired off a pair of shots.

The brothers, both 60, were arrested on Thursday and booked into the El Paso County Jail on manslaughter charges.
They can now successfully run for state office as Republicans.

Invading a house. Invading a country. Not much difference. Hunt them down like any other invasive species. Especially when the land they are just walking on is private property. Buzzards gotta eat too.
Invaders? Ask the Iraqis, Vietnamese and Ukraine what an invasion looks like before you go full Nazi.

They can now successfully run for state office as Republicans.
As usual, you contribute nothing to the conversation. Your posts are proof. I’d rather not spend the time going back over your old posts to produce evidence, but if you deny this observation I guess I’ll have no choice;)

Forum List

Back