Prime Minister Abe's assassins home-made shotgun revealed...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Only in Japan... Improvised battery powered shotgun had electronic ignition.

Screenshot_20220709-115210-206.png

Screenshot_20220709-115232~2.png

Just goes to show... there is no world without guns. With no components, no gun parts, no ammunition, no commercial gun powder, no casings, no primers, no machining, no welding...just access to a standard hardware store... this guy built a functional, lethal firearm from scratch in his apartment.

Yes, at first I was thinking about bashing him in the head with a club, but then I made a nuclear particle accelerator and inserted cannon fuse to it and got a couple of pieces of pipe and a couple of shotgun shells and just duck taped the whole contraption together...

This is a very short range weapon. Two shots. Not easily reloaded. If muzzle loaded blunderbusses were all anyone had we would not be having a rash of mass killings.

This is a very short range weapon. Two shots. Not easily reloaded. If muzzle loaded blunderbusses were all anyone had we would not be having a rash of mass killings.
In South America they used these home-made guns to steal more traditional weapons from armed security.

IDK. It looked like he had two weapons that had a total of 14 barrels. I am not sure how well it would have held together if he was firing them all, but it is still conceivable this set up could have reached the mass shooting threshold. I am just surprised that he was able to hit his target from 30 feet away and not take down anybody else around him.

IDK. It looked like he had two weapons that had a total of 14 barrels. I am not sure how well it would have held together if he was firing them all, but it is still conceivable this set up could have reached the mass shooting threshold. I am just surprised that he was able to hit his target from 30 feet away and not take down anybody else around him.
This guy had an unusual level of determination that allowed him to beat the system. Cleverness + evil + patience can defeat any law enforcement apparatus.

Firearms are incredibly simple devices to make.
This just goes to show that any idiot can build one out of basically anything available.
It's not quite as simple as two rocks and a paperclip but it's really close.

There are many other ways to send a projectile with sufficient force, accuracy and speed to hurt someone other than a powder activated charge. Compressed air, mechanical and magnetic.

Most of these are also rather simple to manufacture or borrow parts from a similar device and use them.

I can make a dart gun with a rubber band that absolutely will kill someone. What are they going to do? Outlaw pvc pipe?

Firearms are incredibly simple devices to make.
This just goes to show that any idiot can build one out of basically anything available.
It's not quite as simple as two rocks and a paperclip but it's really close.

There are many other ways to send a projectile with sufficient force, accuracy and speed to hurt someone other than a powder activated charge. Compressed air, mechanical and magnetic.

Most of these are also rather simple to manufacture or borrow parts from a similar device and use them.

I can make a dart gun with a rubber band that absolutely will kill someone. What are they going to do? Outlaw pvc pipe?
My Granddad had a whole set of Ragnar Benson books. I read most of them. Not sure they are even legal to possess anymore with titles like "easy home made explosives" but they were full of improvised weapons and traps like that.

Cleverness + evil + patience can defeat any law enforcement apparatus.
This is exactly what we've been saying...you can't nerf the world.

Bad people are going to do bad things and they'll find a workaround to any obstacles you put in their path.

Now he's armed, and I'm not. What's to keep this guy from heading over to the truckstop and waiting for the gasoline tanker driver to park for the night...take his truck and go kill 1000 people?

This is exactly what we've been saying...you can't nerf the world.

Bad people are going to do bad things and they'll find a workaround to any obstacles you put in their path.

Now he's armed, and I'm not. What's to keep this guy from heading over to the truckstop and waiting for the gasoline tanker driver to park for the night...take his truck and go kill 1000 people?
You can't make the world completely safe but nevertheless it's a worthy goal.

This guy had an unusual level of determination that allowed him to beat the system. Cleverness + evil + patience can defeat any law enforcement apparatus.

Sure but steel pipe with threaded ends does not strike me as being as accurate as a rifled barrel, but I admit I haven't heard anything about the projectiles themselves. I suppose they could have just been slugs sized to the pipes. IDK.

Sure but steel pipe with threaded ends does not strike me as being as accurate as a rifled barrel, but I admit I haven't heard anything about the projectiles themselves. I suppose they could have just been slugs sized to the pipes. IDK.
Fishing weights.

In any case such weapons require one to approach the target quite closely in order to be effective.

My Granddad had a whole set of Ragnar Benson books. I read most of them. Not sure they are even legal to possess anymore with titles like "easy home made explosives" but they were full of improvised weapons and traps like that.
Oh it's so easy....even a caveman can do it....

Potato guns out of hairspray and pipe were incredible....yes....we used potatoes. I really wouldn't want to get hit by one because
That really could hurt someone.

All kinds of firearms are possible. Not just powder...there's all kinds of volatile chemistry that isn't regularly discussed on the internet because of this. But that doesn't mean that someone with a set of chemistry books can't figure volatile chemistry out. It's not difficult stuff.

Then there's the myriad of devices that a real machinist can make. You don't even want to know what sorts of stuff a machinist can hide in just about anything....milled down to the millionth of an inch and more accurate than any store bought weapon ever dreamed of.
By the time people might hear the report (from over a mile away) there are a lot of people already dead. And when they finally find the rifle it's been abandoned for months. That's what machinists can do.

So...instead of knee jerk reactions of finding someone to point the finger at other than the guilty parties....let's put the larger blame on the politicians who campaigned on bad ideas to begin with.

You can't make the world completely safe but nevertheless it's a worthy goal.
Not saying it's not...but ... who's definition of "safe"?

When I parked at the truckstop at night...I feel much safer with a firearm handy than without one.

But Urban Dweller in their 30th floor apartment with armed security in the lobby hearing gunshots all night feels completely differently about firearms.

What I'm saying is...that person will never feel safe, because there will always be firearms. If criminals can't buy them, they'll make them.... relatively easily.

Not saying it's not...but ... who's definition of "safe"?

When I parked at the truckstop at night...I feel much safer with a firearm handy than without one.

But Urban Dweller in their 30th floor apartment with armed security in the lobby hearing gunshots all night feels completely differently about firearms.

What I'm saying is...that person will never feel safe, because there will always be firearms. If criminals can't buy them, they'll make them.... relatively easily.
For three seconds any attacker has the upper hand on any unsuspecting target. A gun might make you feel safer but does a concealed weapon actually make you safer? If you are walking around on guard and execting trouble at all times your life sucks and it's all your fault.

If you are walking around on guard and execting trouble at all times your life sucks and it's all your fault.
Had Prime Minister Abe been expecting trouble, after the first shot he would have been in motion and would probably be alive today.

Spend a little time in the woods with the bears and the mountain lions and the rattlesnakes and the copperheads...then come back and tell me how keeping your guard up makes your life suck.

City people think they can legislate away danger. Sorry man...you are far too removed from your roots if you honestly believe you can go through life with a lack of situational awareness.

Had Prime Minister Abe been expecting trouble, after the first shot he would have been in motion and would probably be alive today.

Spend a little time in the woods with the bears and the mountain lions and the rattlesnakes and the copperheads...then come back and tell me how keeping your guard up makes your life suck.

City people think they can legislate away danger. Sorry man...you are far too removed from your roots if you honestly believe you can go through life with a lack of situational awareness.
It's been a while but I have spent days at a time pulling sunken logs out of Tate's Hell swamp in the Florida panhandle. Whatever "woods" you happen to be visiting are like a mall walk in comparison.

Of course that's not what I was talking about at all. I walk through swamp and city alike without fear.

From what I've been told....

The only part (here in America) that is mildly difficult to make is the receiver of a gun.
The other parts are freely available to purchase and assemble.

But a tabletop machinists mill or 3D printer can actually accomplish this in a day or two. And anybody with a few skills and a head for math can accomplish this fairly easily.

Selling guns is getting to be such a mess and difficult that the private manufacture of personal guns is definitely on the rise.

These are the "ghost guns" that are not regulated whatsoever. And there is no way to regulate what a person manufactures for their personal use. If you don't sell a gun then you don't need any licensing.

And the part that really gets the anti gun crowd is that a shotgun can be made from PVC pipe. (Shotguns don't need a lot of strength)

None of these things can be outlawed....

Get it through your heads....
Destruction is very very easy....construction requires significantly more effort. But constructing devices for destruction is relatively simple as well. It may require effort...but it's relatively simple.

Forum List

Back