Pretty terrified, been cigarette free for over a month and my surgery is tomorrow

Getting the rest of my teeth pulled and the new teeth process started.
They gave me Valium to take tonight and in the morning before the dental work starts.
Never taken this drug before so I have no idea what to expect.
If I post some unusually insane shit tomorrow just smile and move on as I demanded good narcotics for this shit. Haven't taken drugs in years so this should be an interesting ride.
Dreading the pressure and pain I'm anticipating. I still have 2 dozen teeth for them to pull tomorrow so I'm sure this is gonna suck.

They initially wanted to just do the teeth that were "needed" but having never had nice teeth I told them to rip it all out and let's start new!

Hope I don't live to regret this!
What happened to your teeth that they all have to be pulled?

They gave me Valium to take tonight and in the morning before the dental work starts.
If I post some unusually insane shit tomorrow just smile and move on as I demanded good narcotics for this shit. Haven't taken drugs in years so this should be an interesting ride.
Dreading the pressure and pain I'm anticipating. I still have 2 dozen teeth for them to pull tomorrow so I'm sure this is gonna suck.

They initially wanted to just do the teeth that were "needed" but having never had nice teeth I told them to rip it all out and let's start new!

Dont even worry about it.
The thing that sucks comes later.
Not sure exactly what you're having done but I had the vast majority of my teeth removed years after falling off a roof.
I shattered the vast majority of my molars when I landed on my chin,the best thing I can say is at least my tongue wasn't hanging out.
They replaced all my teeth with implants,not individual teeth but basically dentures that are connected to implants.
I have to say Im happy with the outcome.
I can eat everything thing I care to eat even beef Jerky.
The cost sucked at $40k but it was worth it.

Oh...the valium sucks.
It doesnt do shit other than ease your troubled mind.
The pain meds are the key.

What happened to your teeth that they all have to be pulled?
They don't have to be, I'm opting to do it to try to head of future procedures. Several of my teeth didn't have adult replacements and 2 on to tried to produce double teeth.

I got money now so fuck all that. I want it fixed permanently

As a homeless child I got very little dental care and my teeth have always been a crooked hot mess.

I have no interest in partials or flappers or any of that other shit. If I'm going to do this I'm going to do it all at once and get it over with over the next year rather than piece mealing this disaster foe the next 10
I had a couple of teeth that had to be pulled about 10 years ago. Got implants--8K plus insurance. Ten years later, the dentist tells me the implants were failing so they removed them $2400. Then they figured I would have more implants. LOL. Fat chance. Over 10K for two teeth and they weren't permanent? If I lose many more teeth, I will go with dentures too.

They don't have to be, I'm opting to do it to try to head of future procedures. Several of my teeth didn't have adult replacements and 2 on to tried to produce double teeth.

I got money now so fuck all that. I want it fixed permanently

Thats the right decision.
I finally decided to do the same. When I fell off that roof when I was 17 and shattered all my molars I didnt have much of a choice on my treatment.
They installed a bunch of bridges that eventually failed as the years went by. And like I said,I eventually said fuck it and had the rest of my teeth yanked in favor of implants.
I had four screws installed in my upper jaw and two installed in my lower,they hold what is essentially a set of dentures that dont move no matter what you eat. They're removable so you can clean them every night.
To be honest they're easier to take care of than real teeth. You go in and get the base of the screws cleaned once a year and your good.

Thats the right decision.
I finally decided to do the same. When I fell off that roof when I was 17 and shattered all my molars I didnt have much of a choice on my treatment.
They installed a bunch of bridges that eventually failed as the years went by. And like I said,I eventually said fuck it and had the rest of my teeth yanked in favor of implants.
I had four screws installed in my upper jaw and two installed in my lower,they hold what is essentially a set of dentures that dont move no matter what you eat. They're removable so you can clean them every night.
To be honest they're easier to take care of than real teeth. You go in and get the base of the screws cleaned once a year and your good.
I had single teeth replaced with implants and they weren't removable for cleaning--that was the problem.

OH
MY
FUCKING
GOD

The pain is excruciating and my meds are late by 4 hours!

I literally want to get drunk and pass out but I know I can't drink for days........

FUUUUUUUUK

Rejoice in my misery lefties lol

OH
MY
FUCKING
GOD

The pain is excruciating and my meds are late by 4 hours!

I literally want to get drunk and pass out but I know I can't drink for days........

FUUUUUUUUK

Rejoice in my misery lefties lol
Pain is weakness leaving the body
1645738317860.png

The temp teeth look great but fuck me they hurt lol
I can't smile cause of the pain and I am still wiping drool from my face every ten minutes so the pic is not great.

20220224_153319.jpg

Terrible

I left my son in law in charge of getting meds 4 hours ago. His son got in trouble in school so I'm just sitting here dying.
I'm so sorry. I hope you get your meds soon. I hope they give you something stronger than NORCO 5/325. That seems to be the go to.

Forum List

Back