Presidential succession

Jan 20, 2017
Hi I'm from London England, I've been interested in US politics for a long time so can someone please answer this question. I don't want to sound too weird but.
If someone foreign or domestic had bombed today's inauguration before the president or vp had been confirmed who would have been president(if president Obama etc had also been taken out). I think I'm right in saying that at the State of Union, 1 member of the line of succession doesn't attend. Does this apply to inauguration
Thanks

Hi I'm from London England, I've been interested in US politics for a long time so can someone please answer this question. I don't want to sound too weird but.
If someone foreign or domestic had bombed today's inauguration before the president or vp had been confirmed who would have been president(if president Obama etc had also been taken out). I think I'm right in saying that at the State of Union, 1 member of the line of succession doesn't attend. Does this apply to inauguration
Thanks

Yes. The "designated survivor" during the inauguration was Orrin Hatch.

Thanks

Thank you very much, I'd never heard of President pro tempore before.

Thanks

PS do I now have an NSA satellite circling my house

Thanks

PS do I now have an NSA satellite circling my house
Nah Trump said he won't be signing executive orders until Monday

Thanks

Hatch is the President Pro Tempore of the Senate -- the #4 guy.

POTUS is #1

VP is #2

Speaker of the House is #3

Pres Pro Tem of the Senate is #4

Sec State is #5

Etc.

United States presidential line of succession - Wikipedia

UBL and Atta were not smart enough to wait for an inauguration otherwise they probably could have pulled it off. There is always a lot of air travel.

UBL and Atta were not smart enough to wait for an inauguration otherwise they probably could have pulled it off. There is always a lot of air travel.

BTW: During the inauguration the skies over Washington DC were strictly limited. The no-fly zones around the white house and congress were expanded to include the national mall. Security was tighter than a misers wallet.

Forum List

Back