Presidential historian Allan Lichtman: Dont expect DeSantis to save the GOP. It's Easy to Point the Finger at Trump. the problem is with the whole GOP

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Washington Republicanism lost big Tuesday night. When your “agenda” is cave to Big Pharma on insulin, cave to Schumer on gun control & Green New Deal (“infrastructure”), and tease changes to Social Security and Medicare, you lose

What are Republicans actually going to do for working people? How about, to start: tougher tariffs on China, reshore American jobs, open up American energy full throttle, 100k new cops on the street. Unrig the system

The GOP needs new leaders....
McConnell needs to be replaced and so does McCarthy... they just didn't want to win... why I do not know.... seems like a lot of old guard republicans enjoy 2nd place....

it is going to be very interesting to see what the US is in 2 years. IF we do not get into a war with Russia or China....and even then.....we will surely be a third world shithole overrun with criminal illegals and middle eastern and home grown terrorists.

McConnell needs to be replaced and so does McCarthy... they just didn't want to win... why I do not know.... seems like a lot of old guard republicans enjoy 2nd place....

Mitch knew MAGA was toxic, but he used them to get his conservative SCOTUS.

McConnell is good republican which means he will support the party's choice of a candidate, no matter how bad that choice might be. Although he paid homage to Trump, it is pretty clear he had not respect for him. I expect he will feel the same way about DeSantis who is just a substitute for Trump who used the republican party as a ladder to the White House.

Mitch knew MAGA was toxic, but he used them to get his conservative SCOTUS.
Mitch is the toxic one... since he has been in office the republicans have lost ground....

When the democrat base went hard left their representatives went with them they didn't stand against them... in other words they honored their commitment... Now that the republican base has gone America first the Republican Party stands against them at every turn.
In other words they failed at honoring their commitment....

Answer me this… Is there one state that kept counting after election day that went red? no they all went blue... what a sad state our nation is in....

This is why the GOP is losing not Trump if you don’t go the way of the base and if they don’t fight election fraud they will continue to lose...

McConnell and McCarthy need to be replaced they failed us....

Washington Republicanism lost big Tuesday night. When your “agenda” is cave to Big Pharma on insulin, cave to Schumer on gun control & Green New Deal (“infrastructure”), and tease changes to Social Security and Medicare, you lose

What are Republicans actually going to do for working people? How about, to start: tougher tariffs on China, reshore American jobs, open up American energy full throttle, 100k new cops on the street. Unrig the system

It wasnt the Republicans that drove up the price of gasoline. It wasnt the Republicans who drove up food prices. It wasnt the Republicans allowing millions more diseased illegals to cross the southern border and driving up healthcare costs. As a matter of fact is is the Republicans crying foul for the 2020 and now the 2022 elections with the Marxists and their ballot harvesting. I guess morons like you just need to suffer even more, when Joe Biden drives the oil industries into bankruptcy and the gallon of gas tops 10 dollars a gallon. We have about 2 weeks left till we run out of diesel runs out then all prices are going to go through the roof, and it want be the Republicans, even though Joe the shitter in chief will try to blame them....

McConnell is good republican which means he will support the party's choice of a candidate, no matter how bad that choice might be. Although he paid homage to Trump, it is pretty clear he had not respect for him. I expect he will feel the same way about DeSantis who is just a substitute for Trump who used the republican party as a ladder to the White House.
liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

Democrats, who supposedly voted a dementia-ravaged cognitively impaired compromised, criminal, failed coup participant in as President, just voted for a cognitively impaired guy who lives / lived in his mom's basement and has never held a job....

Snowflakes just voted for a lying candidate who know what the big deal is about out of control crime ...

And insane snowflakes want to say the problem is with the Republicans...

:auiqs.jpg:

Mitch is the toxic one... since he has been in office the republicans have lost ground....

Dude (and I fucking HATE to defend that Kentucky rattlesnake)...

McConnell was the minority leader when he delivered a landslide victory against Obama. You guys gained 63 fucking seats when he was the minority leader. GDP grew under Obama. Jobs grew under Obama. The stock market grew under Obama. He passed a healthcare law that is so popular now that Republicans can't take it away. Obama did all that in his first 2 years and McConnell managed to beat him over the head with Obamacare like it was a hammer.

And he kept winning. The GOP held Congress in 2012, 2014, and 2016. He blocked Merrick Garland from getting a seat on the Supreme Court. He eliminated the filibuster to pass 3 hard right Federalist-backed judges to give you a majority on the Court that will likely last for decades.

You wanna know when you guys lost the House? 2018. Guess which dipshit was president then.

But wait, it gets better. You all lost the Senate and the House and the Presidency in 2020. Guess why.

But wait, apparently, even that wasn't enough because Joe Biden had really bad approval ratings - some of the worst ever. Inflation was at a 40-year high. Crime is on the rise. In any other era, any president in this situation might have lost 40 seats, 50 seats, 60 seats - maybe 70 seats.

And yet, not only could you not retake the Senate, you might actually lose a seat, and believe it or not, you all might not even retake the House. And it's 100% because of MAGA candidates. MAGA is the common denominator.

McConnell is the evil genius of the party. It's Trump who's losing it for the GOP. He's a loser. Maybe ditch him and stop losing. Or keep him and keep losing, I don't care.

Forum List

Back