President Trump sets new record in his 19 months

There won't be a 12th prior to the election due to a lack of needed skills and training. Also Tax increases in the Blue Wall will cause big frictional UE problems.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with NAFTA. He knows that bilateral deals are far better for the U.S, it gives America massive leverage and they can dictate terms, if the U.S doesn't get a fair deal here it will hurt American workers for a long time since no other president will be able to pull off a major upset as Trump did.

The U.S is dealing with Mexico directly and Canada isn't invited to next weeks meeting on NAFTA either. Canada and even Trump admin are painting this as a discussion between these two nations to iron out issues, but the reality is, Canada was far more disinterested in changes with NAFTA than Mexico, so my instinct tells me there must be something amiss about this, Trump might be pulling a bilateral arrangement and preparing to walk away from NAFTA. That would cost Canada greatly and benefit America significantly.

Time will tell...

Update: Now being reported over and over on Canada state run news CBC that Canadian authorities say "Canada will work long hours to get this done by the end of August". Completely comical. They dragged their feet and had no interest, choosing to lobby U.S politicians and hoping to outlast the Trump administration. Now when the U.S goes directly to Mexican officials and cuts out Canada, "oh hey we want a quick deal too!".

No wonder Canadian allies don't trust us...

Last edited:
There won't be a 12th prior to the election due to a lack of needed skills and training. Also Tax increases in the Blue Wall will cause big frictional UE problems.
Hopefully employers seeing the need for trained workers will start offering apprenticeships etc.

That is being done but a lot of people cannot afford to move to where the job creation and training is happening.

Mmk

That means 174 million Americans are unemployed

Worst ever
Retired,Students in college,disabled....once again have to educate a leftist.

Seems Trump used retirees, college and disabled in his criticism of the Great Obama

Of course they count
Mmk snowflake....have at it...the facts stand for themselves..they don't need the left's whining to remain true.

The economy is BOOMING.

I am worried that it might crash. Trump's enemies are certainly doing everything they can to destroy this nation.

The economy is BOOMING.

I am worried that it might crash. Trump's enemies are certainly doing everything they can to destroy this nation.
I doubt that for the nation as a whole and the slow motion crash of the Blue Wall is currently so slow that only the Anti-SALT deduction cap lawsuits by CT, MD, NJ & NY indicates how bad thing really are there. if you live in one of those states plus CA and IL you need to get out of there as soon as possible. You are in a crash zone there.

The economy is BOOMING.

You weren’t saying that when we posted 5% GDP growth quarter.

You were not saying that when we were breaking OP’s “record!” every month with 200,000 new jobs on avg.

You were not saying that when DOW went from 6700 to 18000.

...what changed?

Hopefully employers seeing the need for trained workers will start offering apprenticeships etc.
Trump is a step ahead.
Trump directs $200 million to tech education for women and minorities

Obstructionist democrats will never let this see the light of day.
yeah that too is a blown opportunity from the Ds, they must have a political death wish. At this rate they will bring back the Obama bench loss. I find Trump the current least evil but there is only so much DC fat to cut out before either muscle and bone or the string runs out and the Rs will have to split so there will be a viable opposition party again which the current Ds sure as hell aren't.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with NAFTA. He knows that bilateral deals are far better for the U.S, it gives America massive leverage and they can dictate terms, if the U.S doesn't get a fair deal here it will hurt American workers for a long time since no other president will be able to pull off a major upset as Trump did.

The U.S is dealing with Mexico directly and Canada isn't invited to next weeks meeting on NAFTA either. Canada and even Trump admin are painting this as a discussion between these two nations to iron out issues, but the reality is, Canada was far more disinterested in changes with NAFTA than Mexico, so my instinct tells me there must be something amiss about this, Trump might be pulling a bilateral arrangement and preparing to walk away from NAFTA. That would cost Canada greatly and benefit America significantly.

Time will tell...

Update: Now being reported over and over on Canada state run news CBC that Canadian authorities say "Canada will work long hours to get this done by the end of August". Completely comical. They dragged their feet and had no interest, choosing to lobby U.S politicians and hoping to outlast the Trump administration. Now when the U.S goes directly to Mexican officials and cuts out Canada, "oh hey we want a quick deal too!".

No wonder Canadian allies don't trust us...
When you have a fight its a lot better to do it one on one. Otherwise you could get your butt beat.

Forum List

Back