President Obama is keeping us safe

Obama has kept us safer further into his presidency than Bush did. :cool:
What an idiotic statement.
How is my statement idiotic?

Bush only protected America untill Sept 10th of his first term.

Today is Sept 17th

Obama has kept us safe a week longer than Bush did.

This is a FACT :cool:
It's idiotic for two reasons: One of those reasons asaratis mentioned in his subsequent post to you. The other reason has been mentioned already - if BHO is responsibile for keeping us safe, then he is also responsible for this current economic mess. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Just today Obama announced he is scraping the defensive missle shield over Poland and the Czech Republic.

It was just an expensive hold over from the Cold War that Bush wanted to use to beat down Putin.

Obama trashed it as a sign of good will to our Russian friends.

Leaders in Moscow, by comparison, must feel victorious. Coming days before Obama meets Dmitri Medvedev in New York and Pittsburgh , the decision clearly seems timed to remove from the U.S.-Russian agenda an issue that the Russians didn’t like — namely, that we were working with Poland and the Czech Republic on missile defense.
The Fallout of a Reversal on Missile Defense - Room for Debate Blog - NYTimes.com
Something is always in it for I err I mean the shit stain.

My point is that Homeland Security is still in place, along with all "so called illegal wiretaps." We are still in a war with terrorists. I don't feel him appeasing some of the countries is helping us to be any safer. He has turned his back on some of our allies. IMHO, I feel that he has weakened us to a point, in this regard. I'm waiting to see a year from now what the policies will look like.

I'm hoping they let the warrantless wiretaps sunset, fwiw.

and as i said, i think it's time to extricate ourselves from Bush's wars of choice....

what allies has he turned his back on? cause i don't see it at all. nor do i see him as weakening us. I do believe that Bush did...and I think Bush held us up to ridicule everywhere else in the world.

I never would have pulled the trigger in Iraq, but we do need to make sure that Al Queda, or any other known terrorist organization does not set up shop in Afganistan.
Just off the top of my head on countries...Poland and Czech Republic, andother was the threat to Pakistan. There was a lot of ridicule to Bush because a lot of our so called friends ( France, Germany, and Russia) were breaking international resolutions with Iraq.
What I mean by him weaking us with our allies, it comes down to trust. I don't think a lot of them can trust him to stand on his word, especially what he did with the missle defense in Europe.

Last edited:
Please elaborate on which "Bush's insane policies" Obama is replacing?
Make it easy...start with Homeland Security. Ending the war.... give some examples Sunni

Or do you mean sucking up and bowing?

we can start with bush intentionally antagonizing other countries; refusing to engage in diplomacy and villifying Iran at a time when they were actually working with him on the WOT....

that got him real far, eh?

And no...Obama doesn't do those things. There's also a sense that Obama actually thinks about what he does.

The funny part, to me at least is that they yell when he does something different from Bush...and they yell when he doesn't.

kinda goofy if you ask me.

now we need to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan...but I don't think you or anyone else wants him to do that recklessly.

Not to mention his popularity is SOARING with US allies in comparison with Bush. Especially those of Western Europe.

Make it easy...start with Homeland Security. Ending the war.... give some examples Sunni

we can start with bush intentionally antagonizing other countries; refusing to engage in diplomacy and villifying Iran at a time when they were actually working with him on the WOT....

And no...Obama doesn't do those things. There's also a sense that Obama actually thinks about what he does.

The funny part, to me at least is that they yell when he does something different from Bush...and they yell when he doesn't.

now we need to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan...but I don't think you or anyone else wants him to do that recklessly.

Not to mention his popularity is SOARING with US allies in comparison with Bush. Especially those of Western Europe.

I'm sure he is, Neser. I just wondering at what cost?

My point is that Homeland Security is still in place, along with all "so called illegal wiretaps." We are still in a war with terrorists. I don't feel him appeasing some of the countries is helping us to be any safer. He has turned his back on some of our allies. IMHO, I feel that he has weakened us to a point, in this regard. I'm waiting to see a year from now what the policies will look like.

I'm hoping they let the warrantless wiretaps sunset, fwiw.

and as i said, i think it's time to extricate ourselves from Bush's wars of choice....

what allies has he turned his back on? cause i don't see it at all. nor do i see him as weakening us. I do believe that Bush did...and I think Bush held us up to ridicule everywhere else in the world.

I never would have pulled the trigger in Iraq, but we do need to make sure that Al Queda, or any other known terrorist organization does not set up shop in Afganistan.
Just off the top of my head on countries...Poland and Czech Republic, andother was the threat to Pakistan. There was a lot of ridicule to Bush because a lot of our so called friends ( France, Germany, and Russia) were breaking international resolutions against Iraq.
What I mean by him weaking us with our allies, it comes down to trust. I don't think a lot of them can trust him to stand on his word, especially what he did with the missle defense in Europe.

He scrapped the existing plan, but will put in a different and considerably cheaper system that will also be less offensive to Russia.

So far, Russians are loving Obama for it. Around 80% of Czechs have been against the shield, so it is a victory for the Czech people - the Social Democratic Party (the second strongest party in the country) is jubilant, even though there are politicians that are pissed off about the situation - mostly from ODS, the more 'conservative' party, not conservative by US standards, really - for some reason, those seem to be the only ones interviewed. I'm not sure about Poland, but so far they refused to officially comment on that. I don't know about reactions from western Europe but all throughout Europe, Obama enjoys around 80% of popular support. They literally love him ... I should know, I'm in Sweden and he's a freakin' rockstar here. All in all, I'm not at all worried that this will make US loose allies, as a matter of fact, I think it will gain you some ... So far it seems that the harshest reaction came from US right.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...n_queens_sources_fears_of_madridstyle_su.htmlThank you, President Obama!

Fearful of a Madrid-style subway train bombing, authorities are poised to make more raids to seize bomb-making materials at locations in Queens, sources said Wednesday.
The FBI's elite Hostage Rescue Team arrived in New York in anticipation of the offensive to thwart a Denver-based terror cell with ties to Al Qaeda, police sources told the Daily News.
Another source said an earlier raid uncovered nine backpacks and cell phones, raising memories of the March 2004 bombings in Madrid. A series of terrorist bombs detonated aboard commuter trains killed 191 people.
The source said authorities feared a potential attack on the city subway, with its 5.2 million daily riders.
FBI Director Robert Mueller, speaking at a Senate hearing Wednesday, said the plot posed "no imminent danger."
"New Yorkers are well benefited from the work of the NYPD and (Commissioner) Ray Kelly," said Mueller, offering no other details on the HRT deployment.
Najibullah Zazi, the Colorado man who triggered a rash of Queens raids Monday, was identified through e-mail, wire taps and a confidential informant as part of the plot, the source said. Zazi, 25, told The News he had nothing to do with any terrorist activity.
"No. Of course, I'm not a terrorist," the 25-year-old Afghan national said Tuesday.
A source said Zazi, tipped while visiting Manhattan last weekend that he was under surveillance, fled back to suburban Denver. Even as Zazi, of Aurora, Colo., professed his innocence, counterterrorism agents eyed him as part of the first suspected Al Qaeda cell they've uncovered in the U.S. since 9/11.

Has he stopped the investigations of CIA agents? Has he stopped the John Adams project?

That would be a NO and another NO.

At what cost? That question seems to insinuate that there will be a cost. What cost could that be? Do you have anything specific in mind?

All I have to say is that so far he did not make any colossal misstep at least according to my knowledge... Don't mistake me for what US righties call Obamabot ... I really don't care that much, but I've been liking his international policies as of late - very much. Not sure what's going on with Afghanistan though ... I wish more troops were sent there as that does seem to be a fight that needs finishing ... on the victorious side. I do understand the popular opposition though ... of course ... who wants more young men dying in a seemingly endless conflict.

Just today Obama announced he is scraping the defensive missle shield over Poland and the Czech Republic.

It was just an expensive hold over from the Cold War that Bush wanted to use to beat down Putin.

Obama trashed it as a sign of good will to our Russian friends.

Our Russian friends? Seems they are working agianst us in a lot of areas, where they could be helping us. But, you have a right to your own opinion

I'm with you! Our Russian friends is laughable. Maybe GE's Russian friends but certainly not ours.

At what cost? That question seems to insinuate that there will be a cost. What cost could that be? Do you have anything specific in mind?

All I have to say is that so far he did not make any colossal misstep at least according to my knowledge... Don't mistake me for what US righties call Obamabot ... I really don't care that much, but I've been liking his international policies as of late - very much. Not sure what's going on with Afghanistan though ... I wish more troops were sent there as that does seem to be a fight that needs finishing ... on the victorious side. I do understand the popular opposition though ... of course ... who wants more young men dying in a seemingly endless conflict.

I have no specifics, only time will tell, but I feel Russia is not our friends, and China is is not to be trusted. Obama is playing right into their hands, and I don't know what the end game will be. That's why I have questions.

Russia has never been our friends but the pols are and he just threw them under the bus.

obama said he would track him down and bring him to justice....waiting...............

1) How do you know they aren't doing that right now?
2) Bush said he gave a shit, then he said he didn't...go figure...
Personally, I hope BHO has security and military priorities above capturing Osama bin Hiddin'. Yes, keep that near the top of the list, but not at the top of the list, IMHO.

Bush's policies made people want to attack us.

Obama is getting rid of Bush's insane policies and replacing them with common sense policies.

We will all be able tto sleep safely at night because of Obama.

Yeah damn those mid-nineties policies of Dubya. :lol:

Yeah Iran was working with us by supplying AQ in Iraq.

Obama "thinks" about how he can advance his radical leftist agenda. That's all that he is concerned about.

Sunni please tell me what Policies of George W. Bush made people want to attack us? Hell when he took office he was talking about reducing US overseas committments and then came 9/11.

Yes nesser Obama is quite popular in Europe European leader and unfortunately not a few Europeans always like a US president who will kiss their collective asses and do what they want him to. MOst such presidents however who engage insuch stupidities seldom get reelected.

Obama has kept us safer further into his presidency than Bush did. :cool:

Today is Sept 17th

It took years to plan the 9/11 attacks.

This is a FACT.

Obama is riding the coat tails of the Bush administration and giving a false sense that he is protecting this nation. Taking full credit of course, so nice try crackhead ..........

Today is Sept 17th

It took years to plan the 9/11 attacks.

This is a FACT.

Obama is riding the coat tails of the Bush administration and giving a false sense that he is protecting this nation. Taking full credit of course, so nice try crackhead ..........

Try telling him that six million Jews being murdered by the Nazis is a FACT. His turban is on a little too tight.

Forum List

Back