Prepare for gun grabber tears.... Senate anti-gun proposals don't seem to give them what they wanted.....good....I hope it stays that way...

There is nothing in the reported items that is disastrous, like a ban or confiscation.

However, the red flag bullshit and making it more difficult for 18, 19 and 20 year olds are more nails in the coffin of Liberty. The rest of the shit is nothing more than window dressing.

Plus, that is just emboldening the assholes in Congress to do more next time.

The Republicans should have just told the filthy Democrats to fuck off. But they don't have the courage to do the right thing. Republicans are just as worthless as Democrats far too many times.

It's fun to watch you guys waste all your money buying up guns everytime a Dem gets elected
Waste money buying guns? It's a better investment than gold.

I'm still kicking myself for passing on a case of Mosin Nagants at $139 apiece.

Screenshot_20220612-164157-654.png

View attachment 657089
About ten years ago (maybe longer), I saw a whole barrel of them for $99 at a store called Carter Country. I also could have bought some WASR-10's for less than $500 each from Collectors Firearms.

I guess it is wisest to invest on the assumption that things will either get worse and guns and ammo will be the currency, or get better and opportunities will abound.

Not sure that is true, but cars and handguns are much more frequently used to murder children, than any kind of rifle.

What is your position on banning both?
Cars serve a purpose in our society

But if you insist on banning handguns, I am willing to listen

View attachment 657089

I am never disappointed by gun people taking every opportunity to show off the guns they love.

It's actually kind of cool. I am not saying this snarkily. Obviously you guys love your guns. I get it. Guns are really neat pieces of equipment. (My thing is "vintage scientific calculators"). But I honestly see it.

I think, however, that it does show an aspect to "gun culture" in America now that we have found a way to treat the collection of DEADLY INSTRUMENTS CREATED SPECIFICALLY IN MOST CASES TO KILL OR MAIM LIVING THINGS the same as collection of STAR WARS FIGURES.

Maybe that's the heart of our problem? We have too many guns and many are in the hands of people who's childlike wonder at toys extends to machines capable of killing people.

Not sure that is true, but cars and handguns are much more frequently used to murder children, than any kind of rifle.

What is your position on banning both?

Let's hear more about the statistics of cars being used to kill kids. Does that include auto accidents where kids die or does it ONLY include cases where someone decided that they wanted to kill a child so they bought a car for the express purpose of doing so...because I'm willing to bet that the latter almost never happens.

Oh NOoooo! :eek:

Internet tough guy

I think it goes hand-in-hand with how many American gun owners imagine themselves. They are super-duper tough and you do NOT want to mess with them. It's the same thoughts many children have as they imagine themselves to be Captain America in an Ironman suit. It would be nice if those kinds of fantasies ended at puberty.

I am never disappointed by gun people taking every opportunity to show off the guns they love.

It's actually kind of cool. I am not saying this snarkily. Obviously you guys love your guns. I get it. Guns are really neat pieces of equipment. (My thing is "vintage scientific calculators"). But I honestly see it.

I think, however, that it does show an aspect to "gun culture" in America now that we have found a way to treat the collection of DEADLY INSTRUMENTS CREATED SPECIFICALLY IN MOST CASES TO KILL OR MAIM LIVING THINGS the same as collection of STAR WARS FIGURES.

Maybe that's the heart of our problem? We have too many guns and many are in the hands of people who's childlike wonder at toys extends to machines capable of killing people.
No...I'm not a Mosin guy.

I collect single shot break action H&R and NEF hunting rifles, black powder rifles and shotguns.

And I use them.

Not one is out of the hunting rotation.

They are utilitarian simplicity meets absolute efficiency.

But that's just me.

There is no doubt that there are many firearms out there that are works of technological art.

Not just the art of the woodwork or engraving... But the mechanical engineering that men without industrial tools beat and filed into shape.

And here is the part that's really going to frost your noggin. Weapons make man.

We didn't have claws, or carnivore teeth or hulking muscles or incredible speed.

What we had was the ability to make weapons that leveled the playing field.

Let's hear more about the statistics of cars being used to kill kids. Does that include auto accidents where kids die or does it ONLY include cases where someone decided that they wanted to kill a child so they bought a car for the express purpose of doing so...because I'm willing to bet that the latter almost never happens.
It almost never happens that a person buys a gun for the immediate purpose of killing someone. Only a crazy person would do that since it would immediately draw suspicion. That's why I'm all for crazy people control.

I was actually thinking of drive-by shootings. But, you're right. If we included vehicle accidents the child death toll is far greater than from shootings.

I don’t need guns like a big pussy like you

I could kick your girly ass with a big stick with a nail on it
I don't believe you.

I don't think you have the capacity to overcome the stick...much less drive the nail.

My guess is you're winded just from typing that angry reply.

I don't think you need a gun. You are easily goaded into violence.

It almost never happens that a person buys a gun for the immediate purpose of killing someone.

Isn't that exactly what someone means when they say "I want a gun for self defense"?

Only a crazy person would do that since it would immediately draw suspicion. That's why I'm all for crazy people control.

I have family members who have struggled with mental illness...it is good to know you care so deeply about the "crazy".

I was actually thinking of drive-by shootings. But, you're right. If we included vehicle accidents the child death toll is far greater than from shootings.

I know it is inappropriate in the CDZ to laugh at that last bit, but I did. Thank you for the laugh but I also feel kind of sorry for you for having even typed it out.

And here is the part that's really going to frost your noggin. Weapons make man.

Well, indeed, I am aching to have my noggin frosted and this is coming very close! At the very least "mildly chilled my noggin". But that's a good effort.

We didn't have claws, or carnivore teeth or hulking muscles or incredible speed.

And god knows we didn't "thrive" for the roughly 199,850 years prior to the gun's invention!!

(Don't worry...I actually get your point. We are tool users. So are some chimpanzees and crows. But I get your point and can't really argue that we succeed because of our brains' ability to create a "force multiplier" for our otherwise weak physiques.

Isn't that exactly what someone means when they say "I want a gun for self defense"?
Good point. I should have said "murdering someone," or some such. Actually, semi-good point, because I said the "immediate purpose," not a what-if contingency like self-defense.
I have family members who have struggled with mental illness...it is good to know you care so deeply about the "crazy".
I'll ask your leeway to use colloquial language when discussing issues on a political forum.

I'm a special education teacher who works with mentally ill students every single day. I also have a veteran son struggling with depression exacerbated by PTSD living at home with me.

That doesn't mean that I want give up my ability to protect myself and my family so that mentally ill people can be prevented from having them. Not least of which because such laws will only annoy the law-abiding and do nothing to slow down crime.
I know it is inappropriate in the CDZ to laugh at that last bit, but I did. Thank you for the laugh but I also feel kind of sorry for you for having even typed it out.
You mean this from my post?

I'm not sure the humor in the deaths of children, but to each his their own.

Good point. I should have said "murdering someone," or some such. Actually, semi-good point, because I said the "immediate purpose," not a what-if contingency like self-defense.

I'll ask your leeway to use colloquial language when discussing issues on a political forum.

I'm a special education teacher who works with mentally ill students every single day. I also have a veteran son struggling with depression exacerbated by PTSD living at home with me.

That doesn't mean that I want give up my ability to protect myself and my family so that mentally ill people can be prevented from having them. Not least of which because such laws will only annoy the law-abiding and do nothing to slow down crime.

You mean this from my post?

I'm not sure the humor in the deaths of children, but to each his their own.

Nah, just the fact that you somehow took a GUN CRIME and made it into a "death by automobile" crime. It's funny but also quite sick. Funny because it's incomprehensible how anyone could SERIOUSLY suggest that without it being an attempt at humor. Sick because it's sick how in love with guns we are in America. So much so that even gun crimes must be re-classified to protect the gun.

Cardinal Carminative

You never heard that expression "frost your noggin"?

I suppose it might be regional or something I heard when I was younger and has since fallen out if favor.

I comes from a anecdotal tale of a man apprehended stealing a frozen chicken under his hat after the shock of the cold on his head caused him to pass out on his way out of the store...

Forum List

Back