Preference for a Stable Lifestyle or a Volatile One?

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
Over the last several days I've been having a conversation with a couple coworkers while we've been on a special assignment here at work. The basis of this conversation is something I think would be interesting to hear the USMB crowd's take on...

With the assumption that one has many years left in their career and life, would you prefer:

A stable, middle of the road lifestyle where you would be guaranteed to be able to provide for yourself and your family, never suffering serious or significant hardships, but at the same time never getting significantly ahead. You will live your entire life in that middle ground where you don't get ahead or behind.

OR

A potentially volatile lifestyle where you may be on the top of the mountain one minute and dealing with major hardships and suffering the next There's nothing saying you won't stay on the mountain top for long periods of time or that you'll definitely experience the worst hardships, but there is no guarantee of stability either way.

I'm very interested to see which preference the USMB population prefers.

I'm a country boy.....like you can't even comprehend.
Need the tractor fixed ? I'll trade for some beef or chicken. Steal a few eggs. I burn your house to the ground and leave the rest to question "why?".
Why ? He didnt ask for a bag of eggs....and some carrots and turnips.
I'da give it to him with a pat on the back and a packet of seed.Green beans are best. About 70 days and you're in.

images

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back